[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - "Main Theme" by Lkjhgfdsa_77

Started by Zeta, April 13, 2017, 03:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Lkjhgfdsa_77

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Formatting should be good for this one, I double-checked it and even used the special requests thread. However, m12 looks a bit messy and I'm not sure what to do. I also checked the harmonics, but I can't figure out the one at bt.1 m15 (0:48). One question - there's also a fanfare which plays just before this in the original game which is only sometimes split up by soundtrack compilations; should I include it or should it be its own separate sheet?
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Bump. I still care about this and the forums seem to be more active now.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Static

This looks really good, just a few things:

- m8, m15, m17, m29 - Gbs should be F#s, sorry its just m8 and m29 for this
- m15, m17 - That upward run in the 1st layer of the RH should be 8th note triplets.
- The 8va symbol at the bottom of the first page is a little close to the copyright text; maybe space the systems on that page just a little bit closer together.

Regarding the intro fanfare, I think it would be best to leave it on a separate sheet.

EDIT: One more thing, I would notate this piece in C Major vs c minor. It's a very weird song and the accidentals are kind of all over the place at times, but overall this piece has a stronger major tonality.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Static on June 13, 2017, 06:28:49 PM- m8, m15, m17, m29 - Gbs should be F#s, sorry its just m8 and m29 for this
Fixed.

Quote from: Static on June 13, 2017, 06:28:49 PM- m15, m17 - That upward run in the 1st layer of the RH should be 8th note triplets.
Fixed.

Quote from: Static on June 13, 2017, 06:28:49 PM- The 8va symbol at the bottom of the first page is a little close to the copyright text; maybe space the systems on that page just a little bit closer together.
NotePad doesn't allow for manual moving of systems, so this is unfixed. I currently have an arrangement in the special requests thread, and while I could add it into the request, with the other one needing much more work (and submission thread generally being the place for minor formatting tweaks on submitted sheets), I likely won't.

Quote from: Static on June 13, 2017, 06:28:49 PMRegarding the intro fanfare, I think it would be best to leave it on a separate sheet.
Noted.

Quote from: Static on June 13, 2017, 06:28:49 PMEDIT: One more thing, I would notate this piece in C Major vs c minor. It's a very weird song and the accidentals are kind of all over the place at times, but overall this piece has a stronger major tonality.
Done. NotePad's only method of changing key signature is leaving the notes relative to the key (for cm -> GM, a D would become A, Eb would become B), so the transition of all of the accidentals was not automatic and was done manually. As a result, a previous fix eliminating cross-voice redundant accidentals does now not cover all scenarios (and leaving some notes mistakenly looking double-flatted). I also re-did all of the courtesy accidentals, and if there are others you would like to add in that would be great.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Maelstrom

A few quick things. Sorry for the wait
parentheses misplaced in m15
2nd layer flat showing in m19
Otherwise, it looks pretty good, with one problem: Parenthesized notes.
Many places you include notes that are completely unplayable, but "fix" that with parentheses. Those are supposed to indicate either (a) something in the other hand, or (b) a note not everyone may be able to play. Many of the ones you used parentheses for could not be played by any human being (m26-28 for example). In all instances of this, I'd recommend straight up removing notes no one can play, and maybe do some stuff to make the rest easier, like have the RH play parts of m26-28.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 23, 2017, 01:23:06 PMparentheses misplaced in m15
Done.
Quote2nd layer flat showing in m19
Not done. This happens a couple of times in the left hand later on as well, and NotePad can't delete accidentals while still playing at the right pitch.
QuoteParenthesized notes.
I should have fixed the worst of it. I tried playing part of the middle voice with the right hand and because of the shifting it didn't work very well. I just cut out the low notes when the left hand plays the middle voice.

Also, in m26 LH the F clashes with the G and the usual clicking around won't fix it.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

boooooooooooooooomp

Even though I didn't fix everything, I still care about this and want it accepted somewhere in my lifespan. and it's been a month and a half
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 23, 2017, 07:43:25 PM
Quote2nd layer flat showing in m19
Not done. This happens a couple of times in the left hand later on as well, and NotePad can't delete accidentals while still playing at the right pitch.
Done. This also happened in the left hand in the third section as well as in measure 5, and all these should be fixed. I uploaded the .musx file because I had it.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

JDMEK5

Latios and I ran through this one, making edits and finding solutions to the number of issues that still remained. Here's the file we finished with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h09v08vzhdaz6zc/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Four%20Swords%20Adventures%20-%20Main%20ThemeJD5.mus?dl=0

And here's what we did:
-Cleaned m. 11-
-Removed conflicting notes in LH of measures 7-9.
-Used half notes instead of tied quarters in RH of measures 6-9.
-Slid notes around and fused layers in m. 14-20.
-Moved LH up an octave in m. 11-21. Removed low C from RH m. 11 according to subsequent conflict.
-Filled in drone G in LH measure 10.
-Cleaned and fixed double flats in m. 24-27.
-Removed courtesy accidentals from LH m.30.
-Reworked measures 23-29 to keep them consistent with the rest of the score, playble, and clean.
-Edited composer info
-Optimized pedal markings
-Lowered top system on page 2 to make more space where it really counts.

If you're cool with these changes and the file we have now, update your links and say so and it's good to go.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 22, 2017, 11:04:32 AMLatios and I ran through this one, making edits and finding solutions to the number of issues that still remained. Here's the file we finished with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h09v08vzhdaz6zc/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Four%20Swords%20Adventures%20-%20Main%20ThemeJD5.mus?dl=0

If you're cool with these changes and the file we have now, update your links and say so and it's good to go.
Updated all three submission files with this file.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77