NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to tell your friends about Mealstrom!

Author Topic: [GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - "Main Theme" by Lkjhgfdsa_77  (Read 190 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Lkjhgfdsa_77
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:57:13 AM by Lkjhgfdsa_77 »

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Cheep Cheep Chorus
  • *NotePad user, cannot format*
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog

Formatting should be good for this one, I double-checked it and even used the special requests thread. However, m12 looks a bit messy and I'm not sure what to do. I also checked the harmonics, but I can't figure out the one at bt.1 m15 (0:48). One question - there's also a fanfare which plays just before this in the original game which is only sometimes split up by soundtrack compilations; should I include it or should it be its own separate sheet?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:10:20 AM by Lkjhgfdsa_77 »
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Cheep Cheep Chorus
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Cheep Cheep Chorus
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog

Bump. I still care about this and the forums seem to be more active now.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Static

• Sutra Chanting Yamabiko
  • Updater
  • Birdo's Ballet
  • スタティック
    • View Profile
    • Animal Crossing Wiki
    • Email

This looks really good, just a few things:

- m8, m15, m17, m29 - Gbs should be F#s, sorry its just m8 and m29 for this
- m15, m17 - That upward run in the 1st layer of the RH should be 8th note triplets.
- The 8va symbol at the bottom of the first page is a little close to the copyright text; maybe space the systems on that page just a little bit closer together.

Regarding the intro fanfare, I think it would be best to leave it on a separate sheet.

EDIT: One more thing, I would notate this piece in C Major vs c minor. It's a very weird song and the accidentals are kind of all over the place at times, but overall this piece has a stronger major tonality.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:33:41 AM by Static »
~ Static | My Arrangements

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Cheep Cheep Chorus
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog

- m8, m15, m17, m29 - Gbs should be F#s, sorry its just m8 and m29 for this
Fixed.

- m15, m17 - That upward run in the 1st layer of the RH should be 8th note triplets.
Fixed.

- The 8va symbol at the bottom of the first page is a little close to the copyright text; maybe space the systems on that page just a little bit closer together.
NotePad doesn't allow for manual moving of systems, so this is unfixed. I currently have an arrangement in the special requests thread, and while I could add it into the request, with the other one needing much more work (and submission thread generally being the place for minor formatting tweaks on submitted sheets), I likely won't.

Regarding the intro fanfare, I think it would be best to leave it on a separate sheet.
Noted.

EDIT: One more thing, I would notate this piece in C Major vs c minor. It's a very weird song and the accidentals are kind of all over the place at times, but overall this piece has a stronger major tonality.
Done. NotePad's only method of changing key signature is leaving the notes relative to the key (for cm -> GM, a D would become A, Eb would become B), so the transition of all of the accidentals was not automatic and was done manually. As a result, a previous fix eliminating cross-voice redundant accidentals does now not cover all scenarios (and leaving some notes mistakenly looking double-flatted). I also re-did all of the courtesy accidentals, and if there are others you would like to add in that would be great.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Cheep Cheep Chorus
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.