News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Official Magic: The Gathering thread

Started by mikey, December 07, 2014, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yes

Fine.
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've already played it
0 (0%)
Too expensive...
0 (0%)
Only because I'm a Lovecraft fan
0 (0%)
yes
0 (0%)
yes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 21, 2014, 06:43:14 PM

mikey

If you're even having passing thoughts about playing magic, now would be the time.  The next set coming out looks absolutely amazing, a few of the cards got spoiled and I for one am pleasantly surprised. 
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/668696-shadows-over-innistrad-leaks
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

if it's any consolation this set makes me want to spend money too
fortunately I've been making big bucks running OGW drafts on magic online so I can afford cards :D
unmotivated

mikey

yes, I'm sure I want to reply.
I realize that for some reason the nerds here don't play magic, but I need help.  I've been making a Magic content website and I can't think of a good name.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks you geniuses
http://mikej1798.wixsite.com/websitewithout
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 05, 2016, 08:29:56 PMyes, I'm sure I want to reply.
I realize that for some reason the nerds here don't play magic, but I need help.  I've been making a Magic content website and I can't think of a good name.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks you geniuses
http://mikej1798.wixsite.com/websitewithout
hey neat I thought I was the only one here who plays MTG

Anyway, you can't go too wrong with anything with "Mana" in its name, as long as it doesn't carry too many preexisting connotations (e.g. "Mana Screw") or it's not already taken (e.g. "Mana Deprived"). "Mana Star" and "Mana Flow" were the first two names that came to mind, although I think "Mana Star" is the safer name according to Google searches.

(If you change some of the pictures, I think you could even get away with "Mana Bloom".)

Another thing: in a few years, I think you should remove the references to Collected Company in Standard from your "About" page. I can barely remember Siege Rhino dominance (admittedly, I mainly focus on Modern), and I've got a sneaking suspicion that its infamy in Standard will be forgotten in a few years, especially when compared to Bloodbraid Elf and Stoneforge Mystic.

mikey

Quote from: Dekkadeci on September 06, 2016, 04:58:43 AMhey neat I thought I was the only one here who plays MTG

Anyway, you can't go too wrong with anything with "Mana" in its name, as long as it doesn't carry too many preexisting connotations (e.g. "Mana Screw") or it's not already taken (e.g. "Mana Deprived"). "Mana Star" and "Mana Flow" were the first two names that came to mind, although I think "Mana Star" is the safer name according to Google searches.

(If you change some of the pictures, I think you could even get away with "Mana Bloom".)

Another thing: in a few years, I think you should remove the references to Collected Company in Standard from your "About" page. I can barely remember Siege Rhino dominance (admittedly, I mainly focus on Modern), and I've got a sneaking suspicion that its infamy in Standard will be forgotten in a few years, especially when compared to Bloodbraid Elf and Stoneforge Mystic.
Well, that's an introductory article, not an about page :P
BUT Collected Company will be remembered for a very long time- it's been in standard twice as long as seige rhino was, it's the engine for several modern decks, and I doubt anybody's going to be forgetting eldrazi winter anytime soon.
I like the name mana bloom, actually.  I really liked that card and I played it in a turbofog deck I used back in Innistrad/Return to Ravnica standard for a little while.  If the perfect name doesn't randomly show up somewhere, I think I will use that.
unmotivated

daringshy

I wish I had MTG cards, but I need money. :P Plus the only way I get to play it is by either borrowing cards from another person, or by playing Magic Duels on Steam. :/

mikey

Find a casual playgroup, then you only ever need 1 deck
unmotivated

mikey

Yes I'm sure I want to reply... Again

Now I'm writing articles for a website at www.mtgcasualplay.com so for all of you who enjoy reading articles about things you don't understand check it out and give feedback ok
unmotivated