News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe/Kirby's Blowout Blast/Kirby: Battle Royale

Started by LeviR.star, April 12, 2017, 04:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dude on April 24, 2017, 08:39:12 PMhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lXoHzIPd-kOW83JnHovZONt9qWvHdjmmDiGVaWTu77Y/edit?usp=sharing

So even if you get all the heroic mission apples, you'll still have needed 10143 more...

So by harvesting efficiently, you can, in theory, get 3 apples twice a day, so it'll take about 1691 days to 100% the game without paying anything.

Being patient doesn't seem possible with that amount of time...

Thank you, Dude, for proving my point that waiting isn't going to be worth it.

(How long did making that chart take you? Good gosh.)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dude

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Great news, guys! According to the official Kirby website, Kracko Jr. will be making a return in Kirby's Blowout Blast! This is significant, because he hasn't been seen as a 3D model yet; his last appearance was in Mass Attack in Strato Patrol EOS, and in Super Star Ultra he made his last standard battle appearance. Go Kracko Jr.!

Dekkadeci

HAL Laboratory staff talks about "that one other game" again in Miiverse posts like https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gShr38Ug (emphasis mine):
Quote from: Satoshi Ishida bringing a quote from Shinya KumazakiAnd to mark this auspicious occasion, we have no less than three new Kirby games for you to enjoy! The free-to-start Team Kirby Clash Deluxe co-op action game came out just recently, and this summer we're getting Kirby's Blowout Blast, the first genuine 3D action game in the series. On top of that, we have a new fighting action game due this holiday!

They still insist it's a new fighting action game.

A cheeky comment of mine (item in square brackets is for clarification and is not in the actual Miiverse post):
Quote from: Satoshi Ishida bringing a quote from Shinya KumazakiAfter you finish the game [Team Kirby Clash Deluxe], incidentally, a certain someone shows up in the village, looking like quite the reformed character. Why not have a look for yourself!
it's Magolor he finally found his good suit

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 08, 2017, 06:34:35 PMThey still insist it's a new fighting action game.

Hey! Here's an idea: what if it's a fighting game with a roster closer to the size of those of the Super Smash Bros. games? We could have everyone from Swordsman Dark Matter from Dream Land 2 to Gryll from Super Star Stacker! It would be awesome!

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 12, 2017, 12:34:51 PMHey! Here's an idea: what if it's a fighting game with a roster closer to the size of those of the Super Smash Bros. games? We could have everyone from Swordsman Dark Matter from Dream Land 2 to Gryll from Super Star Stacker! It would be awesome!
I suspect half that roster would be filled with versions of Kirby with different copy abilities, if Kirby Fighters Deluxe is any indication.

Well, here's my predictions so far for the roster and stages, assuming it doesn't turn out like "Quick Draw"/"Samurai Kirby" (the Japanese translations come out like "match-up game"):
  • Bandana Waddle Dee will be a starter character.
  • All versions of Kirby will be starter characters.
  • I'm pegging the odds that King Dedede will be an unlockable character at around 50% and a starter character at around 50%.
  • I'm pegging the odds that Meta Knight will be an unlockable character at around 50% and a starter character at around 50%.
  • I predict Magolor has 60% or more odds of being a playable character. I suspect he'll be one of the first characters you unlock, but there's a good chance he could be a starter character instead.
  • I predict Taranza has around 45% odds of being a playable character. He will never be a starter character, though.
  • I'm stuck pegging Susie at around 25% odds of being a playable character. She will never be a starter character.
  • Galacta Knight will be the last character you unlock. He will never be a starter character.
  • Dark Meta Knight will not be a playable character. There might be a Meta Knight alternate costume that looks like him, though...
  • Landia will not be a playable character. He will act like Ridley does in Super Smash Bros. games.
  • Dyna Blade will not be a playable character. She will act like Ridley does in Super Smash Bros. games.
  • 02(/Zero-Two/etc.) will not be a playable character. I'm pegging the odds that he's a Ridley-like obstacle at around 33%.
  • I predict you can fight in Another Dimension, the Halberd, the Mirror World, the Lor Starcutter, and Floralia, among other places. (I'm not so sure about Seventopia.)
  • This prediction is based on the tier lists of Super Smash Bros.: Meta Knight will be top-tier to borderline broken. (Ergo, Galacta Knight will be pretty close to him in the tier list.)

Dekkadeci

Kirby's Blowout Blast is getting released on July 4, 2017 in Japan and July 6, 2017 elsewhere! Time to raid the plot and music then...

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 01, 2017, 11:30:15 AMKirby's Blowout Blast is getting released on July 4, 2017 in Japan and July 6, 2017 elsewhere! Time to raid the plot and music then...

After the long trips I've been having lately, I've had the time to make it to level 40 in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. Still only on Rarity 7 with gear, though.

Dekkadeci

Kirby's Blowout Blast spoilers below, although there are reasons why I've ended up not posting them for so long...
Spoiler
  • This game resembles Kirby's Dream Land and therefore the "Spring Breeze" sub-game of Kirby Super Star a LOT.
  • Like those two (sub-)games above, Kirby has no copy abilities, enough of the bosses come back, enough of the old school enemies come back...
  • Even worse, you fight some bosses multiple times (a la Kirby and the Rainbow Curse)!
  • IMO, it's bad news that one of the most innovative features in the closest this game has to a plot is (Giant) Masked Dedede coming back.
  • Even the music comes back--tons of this game's OST is remixed from the OST of Kirby's Dream Land. The Giant Masked Dedede theme combines the Masked Dedede theme and the Team Kirby Clash Deluxe version of the Castle Lololo/Dyna Blade theme.
  • In case you couldn't tell, Giant Masked Dedede is (the last stage of) the true final boss. Man, am I having Kirby's Dream Land flashbacks in a bad way...
  • Well, at least some songs from later than the very first Kirby game show up, too...at least when you place Amiibos nearby...
[close]

mastersuperfan

Just started playing Clash Deluxe today and wow four Beam Mages together really do break the game
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Except the ai is an idiot so it doesn't really break it

Three and a hammer or sword is so that you can actually do damage while time is stopped

I've been playing on my brother's ds
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Welp, we finally know what the next Kirby game is.

Putting it simply, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Kirby's Blowout Blast all rolled into one. I dunno what to think about this one.

Thoughts?

Dekkadeci

Ouch, this prediction was more correct than I thought it would be:
Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 12, 2017, 04:56:18 PMI suspect half that roster would be filled with versions of Kirby with different copy abilities, if Kirby Fighters Deluxe is any indication.

Looks like the chance that King Dedede and Meta Knight will be unlockable instead of playable from the start just skyrocketed, and now there's a fair chance that only versions of Kirby will be playable in this game (although please, please stuff an unarmoured Meta Knight reference in the roster at least).

Dekkadeci

Regarding Kirby Battle Royale:
Quote from: Dekkadeci on September 14, 2017, 11:13:39 AMLooks like the chance that King Dedede and Meta Knight will be unlockable instead of playable from the start just skyrocketed, and now there's a fair chance that only versions of Kirby will be playable in this game (although please, please stuff an unarmoured Meta Knight reference in the roster at least).
I happily eat some of my words.

According to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN52fJ3kark&feature=youtu.be&t=334, Bandana Waddle Dee is playable. Dunno whether you unlock him in Story Mode or something.
According to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yGIRD80MA (the Kirby Battle Royale demo trailer), Meta Knight is playable as long as you load demo save data into the true game. Not 100% sure whether the developers know he's overpowered in this game, what with the Meta Knight player's name in the trailer being "Easy Win" and all.

In the meantime, funny I said this before:
Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 14, 2017, 04:35:32 PMOne of the most likely types of action game left is the beat-'em-up.
As of right now, the Wikipedia article on Kirby Battle Royale says it's a beat-'em-up/brawler. And no, I've still never edited Wikipedia. Especially that article.

...Oh yeah, the demo for Kirby Battle Royale is out:
Highlights for me:
  • The title theme of Kirby Fighters Deluxe is used as battle music (clear enough at 2:45). Heck yeah!
  • The storyline looks like fluff, as King Dedede hosts a "Dedede Cake Royale" and offers "the cake of your dreams" as the grand prize.
  • Story Mode involves playing more mini-games than just the Battle Arena.
  • Dunno how important Dark Blue Kirby will get, although since he shows up in the trailers as a separate entity from Meta Knight, he, his colouration, and his seeming importance are probably just a sly wink and nod to Meta Knight's fame.

Well, here's me and my Story Mode speculation for the full Kirby Battle Royale:
  • At some point, Kirby's stuck duelling Bandana Waddle Dee in a game of...uh...I dunno. I'd prefer that they get the battle out of the way relatively early into Story Mode, and that you unlock Bandana Waddle Dee as a playable character immediately afterwards.
  • My strongest prediction is that Kirby fights Robo Bonkers in Story Mode (somewhere in the middle). Come on, there's an entire mini-game revolving around this guy...
  • It seems less likely now, but part of me suspects that Kirby has to fight King Dedede in the Battle Arena near the end of Story Mode. Kirby gets to fully dictate what cake he wants if (when) he wins, and there's no way the castle can deny his request. ...Which will likely turn out disastrously given Kirby's food preferences...
  • ...Except that gets interrupted when King Dedede finds that another certain dark blue Kirby look-alike has crashed the tournament. Unfortunately, he's pretty good at fighting and mini-games, and now Kirby has to duel him for the prize in the Battle Arena. You guessed it--it's Kirby vs. Meta Knight. Maybe if you're too unlucky to import demo save data, you can unlock Meta Knight this way...

...And maybe King Dedede can be unlocked if you put a King Dedede Amiibo near the game. I dunno.