News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[SNES] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time - "Big Apple, 3 A.M." by Th3Gavst3r

Started by Zeta, March 30, 2017, 10:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Big Apple, 3 A.M.
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Yes, yes, yes! Super glad to see another Turtles in Time arrangement, and a fantastic one at that! Nice work!

Notes and stuff look all good from what I can tell, just a few quick arrangement fixes:

- m5 RH - grace note should be an E# instead of F to show the upwards movement of notes here. Generally, with grace notes, you should always use the note name before the main note and alter that with an accidental instead of putting two of the same lettered note.

- m8 RH - Cx should be a D. I get you were going for parallel 6ths here but it isn't, nor does it have to be. The Cx just seems really out of place.

- m23 LH - because the bassline here is going down chromatically, the accidentals should follow that; the D# should be an Eb.

- m25 - ok so this isnt really too big a deal but I would put lines here like this to show that the two voices cross each other:
Spoiler
[close]

- m27, 31 RH - Bb-Gb-Bb should be A#-F#-A# because its over a B in the bass. The bass moves down chromatically between beats 2 and 3 so the chords should match that basically.

- m28-29, 32-33 RH - Dbs should be C#s

Other than these small things, this sheet is excellent! Fantastic job!

EDIT: one more thing:

- m25 LH - C should be a B# because its going up chromatically from B

Th3Gavst3r

WOO! I knew other people liked this game :D

Quote from: Static on April 09, 2017, 08:48:53 PM- m25 - ok so this isnt really too big a deal but I would put lines here like this to show that the two voices cross each other:
Spoiler
[close]
I thought about this for a while but never came up with a solution I really liked since intersecting lines look a little strange.
(well, I guess there's one thing...)
[close]
I definitely think a marking would be helpful though, so I added lines like yours.

The only fix I didn't understand was
Quote from: Static on April 09, 2017, 08:48:53 PM- m27, 31 RH - Bb-Gb-Bb should be A#-F#-A# because its over a B in the bass. The bass moves down chromatically between beats 2 and 3 so the chords should match that basically.
I used flats thinking the B was a chromatic descent from the A natural in the measure before (plus all three chords are perfectly half steps apart.) Is there something I'm missing here?

Static

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on April 11, 2017, 06:28:48 PMThe only fix I didn't understand was I used flats thinking the B was a chromatic descent from the A natural in the measure before (plus all three chords are perfectly half steps apart.) Is there something I'm missing here?

The B in the bass is also a part of the chord in beat 1 of m27 and 31, but a B and Bb shouldn't really be in the same chord. You could either make the RH A#-F#-A# (which I would personally do), or keep the Bb-Gb-Bb and change the B in the bass to a Cb. Hope this helps a little, it's a bit confusing

Th3Gavst3r

Oh yeah that makes total sense, thanks!
I'd already made all the changes so hopfully we're in good shape :D

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta