Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Boss Bossanova
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

I can't find anything wrong with this sheet except for a few misplaced parentheses on the LH towards the end (i.e. a note that has them, some other notes that would have them). I can fix this for you if you're busy.

Great job!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Nice arrangement. Few suggestions:

-Could you replace the pick up notes with the figure at the end of the second bar? Those are the same.
-I think those arpeggios scattered around would be easier to read at full-size. They almost look like cues or grace notes or something, but it looks like you intend for them to be played normally.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Fixed the full-size arpeggios, but I wasn't understanding your first comment.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

I think he's saying for the pickup change the x notes to En-C-En like at the end of measure 2.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Ah. I can, though I still confess that I don't hear any particular pitches from the original. If that's how you would have it though, so be it.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

It just gives the pianist something to do there. The former was unclear imo.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Hmm, guess Chopin didn't actually want that run to be played. Of course not...

Make notes small doesn't necessarily mean they are cues or "unimportant". Sometimes it's just a means to attain a desired horizontal note spacing (or "punctuation", as it would be termed in printing/publishing circles [citation: http://www.rpmseattle.com/of_note/category/finale/music-spacing-mus]).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Chopin actually didn't want any of that to be played. He wanted the player to imagine it.

But seriously speaking, this submission's excerpt would be more similarly compared to the thirty-second notes in your picture (first system, second measure and second system, first and third measures), which note are not altered in size when compared to the rest of the piece.

Olimar12345

Last things:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 02, 2017, 09:41:50 AM-Could you replace the pick up notes with the figure at the end of the second bar? Those are the same.
-The parenthesis you use in the LH starting in measure 14 seem to be off a bit at times. The final set in measure 15 is used for a note that is not doubled in the RH (meaning it needs to go lol) and there aren't any used at all in the last measure (should occur on 2nd, 4th and 5th F's that occur).

Olimar12345

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Not quite correct yet, you missed two things I posted about:
-the second chord in the LH in the final measure should have the A in parenthesis (it's being doubled in the RH)
-the pick up notes I think would be better as the E-C-E figure used at the end of bar 2 (and most even-numbered measures following). In the recording it sounds just like that.