News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Wood Man Stage" (Replacement) by Static

Started by Zeta, July 11, 2017, 08:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Wood Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Hey I mean I liked this song before it was a meme too...

But of course I figured now would be the perfect time to replace the old sheet for it.

LeviR.star

Static, here's a suggestion: instead of having the crescendo in the third-to-last line start in m25, I'd start in solely in m26. I don't think that it's so important for it to start on a single pickup 8th note.

This is pretty good! Great job!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

This sheet looks great! There's not a lot I'd change here (which is probably why I haven't posted here sooner, haha), but here are a few small details I noticed:
  • m14, LH, beat 4.5: the E should be an F#.
  • The sound effect in the original that the foot stomp emulates also plays on beat 4 of m2 and m4.
  • I'd recommend courtesy naturals on beat 4.5 of the E's in the LH of m13 and m21 (although since they're at the end of the measure it's probably not a big deal to omit them).
  • There's a bit of a rest (about an eighth note long) before the note on beat 4 in the RH of m11 and m19. Although, considering the slur, it would make it more messy-looking with a half note tied to an eighth note, so you could keep it as is if you'd like.
  • Any reason for the D.S. instead of a repeat sign? Not that a D.S. is any worse at telling the player what to do, but it's uncommon that I see them instead of repeats unless in cases that require a D.S. specifically (i.e. if there are already smaller repeated sections).
  • In the LH, there are some eighth notes that are just as short and detached as the ones you've notated with staccato--the last notes in m10 and m11, to name a few examples (all the eighth notes excluding the ones you've used in place of the sixteenths). It might be a good idea to include staccato markings on them, but I'm assuming that you left them out to keep a simple, consistent pattern in the left hand for playability. If for that reason you want to keep it that way, then I won't complain; I just thought I'd point it out for consideration.
  • I like to put quirky little phrases next to the metronome markings on my sheets. How about putting "Nice >:]" on yours?
This is a great sheet overall; past all these small details, it seems to me like it's ready to go. Nice work!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

• m14: Fixed.
  • m2 & 4: Fixed.
  • m13 & 21: Added.
  • m11 & 19: I did think about adding those rests when I first arranged this, but I don't think they'll really affect the performance of the piece very much (especially at 180 BPM). I figured it would be better just to avoid as much clutter as I can.
  • Using a D.S. or D.C. instead of a repeat sign is a personal preference of mine since it more clearly shows where to go. I usually use regular repeats for shorter sections within a piece.
  • I have indeed considered those notes, but I'm leaving them the way I wrote to make the sheet consistent and simple.
  • As funny as that would be, I figured not having memes on a sheet would be a little more professional.

All the files have been updated. Thanks for the feedback, it was nice of you to take a look at it!

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot