News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Rookie & Popple" (Replacement) by Th3Gavst3r

Started by Zeta, March 23, 2017, 12:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Rookie & Popple
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Static arranged his own replacement not too long ago, and he's an updater now... this should be interesting...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Altissimo

I don't think people typically get too mad about being preempted in submitting a replacement lol

Latios212

The repeated 16ths in the left hand are a bit much. Perhaps only keep the bass note for the first in each pair?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 23, 2017, 12:49:47 PMStatic arranged his own replacement not too long ago, and he's an updater now... this should be interesting...

I don't really mind, plus it's always good to have different arrangements floating around to compare and share ideas. It's nice to see another well-done arrangement here!

I like how you kept that other background voice, but it sounds a little muddy in the low register. The bass in general feels a lot heaver than it probably should. Also, like Latios mentioned, the 16ths are a little rough. All the notes and accidentals and stuff are good though.

EDIT: The title should be "Rookie & Popple" not "Popple Battle"

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Latios212 on March 24, 2017, 05:30:15 PMThe repeated 16ths in the left hand are a bit much. Perhaps only keep the bass note for the first in each pair?
Made this change through most of the song. It sounded a bit empty when the bass is prominent though, so I added octaves to beat 1 to smooth things out some and tweaked measures 9, 25, and 27 slightly to get help from the RH. Also added the 5th to beat 1 of measures 11 and 13 for extra filling. Hopefully taking out half of the sixteenths helps with muddiness
Also changed M. 20 because of voice overlap I didn't notice before

Quote from: Static on March 24, 2017, 06:11:58 PMThe title should be "Rookie & Popple" not "Popple Battle"
I checked around the internet and it seems like YouTube soundtrack people are kind of split between the two. I went with "Popple Battle" because it's what's already on the site, but did you find an actual source for the title?

Latios212

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on March 30, 2017, 10:44:51 AMI went with "Popple Battle" because it's what's already on the site
Never trust anything without the new URL on it :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

Looking good, just a couple of things!
- Could try separating the bass line and the rest of the accompaniment, it gets a bit hard to see the direction at times
- m.26 beat 4.5 should have courtesy flats on the Bb's on top

mastersuperfan

Seconding what Insig said, and then one other thing: edit the "D.C. al Fine" at the end to say just "D.C" since there is no specified "Fine."

Other than that, this sheet looks and sounds great!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Th3Gavst3r

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Zeta