News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GBA] Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - "Angel's Headstone" by D3ath3657

Started by Zeta, March 19, 2017, 10:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Angel's Headstone
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: D3ath3657

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

E. Gadd Industries

Just gotta say, how the heck are people supposed to play those intervals in m1-8? This is in reference to the bracketed ones; it's difficult enough to play them as is, not to mention the 8va for the RH.

Also, I think the systems could be condensed a lil bit. As in, the space between them. In addition, the "Composed/Arranged by" block could be moved up a lil bit.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Khunjund

You're supposed to play the bottom two notes with left and right hands, then move your right hand to play the higher notes with as short a delay as possible. It's like in Rachmaninoff's prelude in C sharp minor when you get to the part written with four staves.

E. Gadd Industries

Oooooo
I'm not familiar with his works, but I looked at that one. Dang. Alrighty.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

joeberryosponge

Wouldn't playing the bass clef with the left hand be easier in most cases. The right hand would jump 2-3 octaves, while the left hand would only jump under two octaves most of the time. I can see the case with the right hand in measure 8.

Khunjund

You could always do that. The thing is, I find the effect of the intervals in the bass (major 9th and dimished 11th) to be much less powerful when both notes aren't heard simultaneously. Moreover, these intervals are clearly the focus of the piece, whereas the motif in the treble clef is secondary.

Olimar12345

I finally got a chance to check this out. Great work here! I'd say it's accept-worthy as it is. One small detail that you should add is the "/" at the end of the url (it should read http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/). Below are some suggestions for this and future arrangements, none of which are mandatory for this submission being accepted.

-If those slurs turning yellow bothers you, you can relink them to the score by right clicking and selecting that option ("relink in all parts" is the option)
-Your left margins are really big. If you ever needed more room to work with, I'd suggest starting there lol.
-Have you considered using a D.C. instead of a repeat sign? They both get the same result, so what you have is perfectly fine; I just personally think that seeing a D.C. that literally means to return to the beginning can set up a jump back better than a repeat bar (where you would be searching for a forward repeat bar). However, in something as short as this it is a nonissue. Just a suggestion for future works.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Khunjund

Changes have been made.

Thanks for the tips. Yellow slurs don't bother me in the slightest. In fact, I like to know which slurs I've inverted and which slurs were left untouched. I kept the left margins to the default settings in Finale 2014, but if I ever find I'm running out of space, I'll consider changing them. Also, I put a repeat sign at the end simply because the professional arrangements of video game music I own do so, but I'll consider using Da capo in the future.

Zeta