[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - "National Park"

Started by LuxraySpiral, March 21, 2017, 04:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuxraySpiral

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - National Park

(Yes, I know this thread already exists, but I didn't want to necrobump.)
"National Park" is one of my favourite tunes from HGSS, so it'd be nice if we can actually get this arranged some time.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware, this beautiful piece is notorious for being extremely difficult to arrange, and countless arrangers have tried and failed.

Please can someone make this happen, I beg you.
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Latios212

Daj!

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 21, 2017, 04:59:15 PMAnyway, as far as I'm aware, this beautiful piece is notorious for being extremely difficult to arrange, and countless arrangers have tried and failed.
Um yeah this song is well known around here for that :P The thing is with a piece like this everyone would arrange it differently. (I still plan on finishing my version... one day...)

P.S. Deku's version of the intro (used in daj's sheet here) is much better than the one you linked.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on March 21, 2017, 05:02:31 PMUm yeah this song is well known around here for that :P
lol yeah, I remember one of the sheets in our April 1st update last year was just the first measure of this piece and the rest was empty.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

hehe thank you lat for the shoutout <3

I'm just here to vouch for Deku's intro! ^^ If you'd really like to understand this piece, definitely go ask him how he thought of each of the figurations - the engraving here is particularly important. :) I didn't manage to engrave it exactly as he did because of software limitations (probably personal limitations), but I believe the original cadenza that Deku wrote best reflects how this should be performed. ^^

p.s. as a side note, yes. this piece was insanely tough to arrange, and I had to work through four arrangements of somewhat-equal complexity before i knew how to even approach this one. yeah it's tough. :p

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Dudeman on March 21, 2017, 05:05:17 PMlol yeah, I remember one of the sheets in our April 1st update last year was just the first measure of this piece and the rest was empty.
So THAT'S what that was!

Daj has the best arrangement around by far so go for that one. Useless fact: I hated the original version of national park because as a kid I thought it was boring. It didn't help that I didn't like lady whatsherface's snubbull and I never won the bug catching contest :'(
innit

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on March 21, 2017, 05:05:17 PMlol yeah, I remember one of the sheets in our April 1st update last year was just the first measure of this piece and the rest was empty.
Is something April Fools-ish being done this year as well? Because I have a great idea (for a sheet I would contribute) if we do.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!