Series: EarthBound
Game: EarthBound
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Sunrise & Onett
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My apologies Sebastian, but it really has been over a month with no sheet work from you. I gotchu with the submissions.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

As much as this goes against my arranging instinct, I think you should invert all the chords so the melody is on the top, because the harmony does a heck of a job of obfuscating it in it's current state.

Anyone else's thoughts on the matter?

Latios212

This is just a weird song.

I feel like it would work nicely in some places, but I'm not sure about everywhere. I'm sorta leaning towards keeping it as is because (well, aside from that's how it is) it's easier to play legato thirds than sixths.

But any more thoughts are very welcome.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

When I was playing Earthbound, it felt that the upper-part harmonisation was the melody - i.e. it sounded exactly as if you were to play this arrangement normally. Not sure if something happened during the OST rip, but I really don't remember the lower part sounding so prominent.

If we are to go by the youtube example and write legato sixths though, it's not really a problem - the melody isn't meant to be 100% legato, and there's some natural jumps in it ^^

mikey

unmotivated

daj

kinda-double post because i was wrong :p

Nope, turns out that the lower part is the melody, at least for the first phrase. My bad. Cross-checked it with the ending theme and yeah, it came to that conclusion.

Mm in that case I don't think it'll hurt to write single notes! ^^ It's good for contrast, and sixths can mess with the sonority a lot more than someone might hope. So yeah, I'm going to throw in an entirely new idea here - just a single melodic line for the first phrase.

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on March 31, 2017, 09:27:27 PMI'm sorta leaning towards keeping it as is because (well, aside from that's how it is) it's easier to play legato thirds than sixths.
I have to agree with Latios here. I went with thirds here so it'd be more comfortable and enjoyable to play.

Sebastian

mastersuperfan

I think the thirds are fine. The pianist could easily make up for it by playing the melody stronger than the upper harmonization, since presumably anyone who looks for the Onett sheet on this site is already familiar with the original track. (I suppose you could also notate it, though I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Solid, for the most part. Few things need tweaking though:

-Measure 32 LH beat 2 should be an A.
-Measure 33 LH beat three should be two staccato sixteenth notes playing the G that is currently held.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Static

The note in the LH in beat 2 of  m32 is actually a G#, not an A.

Also, there should be a staccato eighth note on beat 2 of the LH in m30.

Sebastian

Sorry for the delay! The files have been updated with the previous feedback.
Thank you all for the input.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot