Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Sunny Peak
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

it could be written 4/4 as well since 3+3+2 is a legitimate grouping of eighth notes in 4/4 (and the eighth note doesn't really get the beat) but i think that confuses things a little more than 8/8 does but if anyone has any opinions feel free to share

Altissimo

Updated the time signature based on talking to Latios and Olimar.

JDMEK5

-Measure 7, RH: I would split the layers here for each hand just as you did in measure 6. Both for clarity and aesthetics.
-Measure 18, RH, 2nd layer, beat 2: Would it be possible to make this an eighth note? It would just clear up a lot of the rhythms just by having it be not-a-16th.
-Measures 20-end, LH: In all the places with tons of ledger lines, I would like to see a clef change personally. Idk why but the other folks around here seem to try to avoid clef changes like the plague, and would probably rather see you cross stave, but I honestly don't see any kind of problem with clef changing whatsoever. In an instance like this, it would be the easiest solution.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Altissimo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 09, 2017, 09:04:38 PM-Measures 20-end, LH: In all the places with tons of ledger lines, I would like to see a clef change personally. Idk why but the other folks around here seem to try to avoid clef changes like the plague, and would probably rather see you cross stave, but I honestly don't see any kind of problem with clef changing whatsoever. In an instance like this, it would be the easiest solution.

Eh, you still end up with some pitches having a lot of ledger lines if your only options are treble and bass clef. I opted for 8vas: if that looks too bad lemme know.

Fixed everything else.

Latios212

- For m. 21, 25, the two E's at the beginning in the right hand sound like they should just be a quarter note.
- m. 15, A in the bass sounds like it should be a Bb
- Last note in m. 17 LH sounds like it should have an E on top... I think
- I'm not really hearing the offbeat thirds in m. 20-21 and 24-25.
- You can flip the staccatos to the bottom of the notes in the last measure's LH.

Just another thing - I'm not entirely sure what the staccatos on the tied notes are for.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on May 17, 2017, 05:43:25 PM- Last note in m. 17 LH sounds like it should have an E on top... I think
P sure that's a D. Unless you mean E in addition to the D.

Quote- I'm not really hearing the offbeat thirds in m. 20-21 and 24-25.
You're right about m. 20 and 24 but I think I'm hearing them, up an octave (I transposed for simplicity), in m. 21 and 25.

Everything else I did and I changed the staccato tied notes to just get rid of the tie. The point was to make them sound a bit shorter but may as well just not tie em i guess

Olimar12345

-I would refrain from using 8va/vb's between staves. Clef changes/cross-staff beaming is more appropriate for those instances.
-Rewrite the tempo mark for dotted quarters. Eighth notes are the subdivision here.
-At the beginning I would recommend that you rearrange the parts so that you can incorporate the oom-pah-pah figure used throughout the piece here too. The melody can be brought up an octave without losing much of the effect.
-Same thing that I said in your other submission: try to make things overly-clear. It tends to get cluttered at times when multiple things are going on.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Will fix the rest when at a computer but:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 31, 2017, 01:47:21 PM-Rewrite the tempo mark for dotted quarters. Eighth notes are the subdivision here.

The intent of using the eighth to give the tempo is so that a player knows how to practice it steadily. Putting dotted quarter as the tempo is not going to help someone figure out how the quarter note (seeing as how this is 3+3+2) is supposed to go, and you would not be able to practice with a metronome set to dotted quarter = whatever because you would fall out of time as soon as the fourth beat.
I am like 98% sure this kind of tempo marking has precedence in music, though offhand I cannot think of any examples, and 100% positive I've seen it the other way way around - a waltz with the tempo based on the dotted half rather than the quarter. While yes, I understand the pulse is not the eighth note, neither is the dotted quarter, so I feel like this is a massive misnomer to say the tempo should be based around the speed of an inconsistent note rather than a consistent one. I am very, very reluctant to alter this as I feel it obfuscates the beat rather than clarifying it.

JDMEK5

^The ultimate rule I've always observed is purely mathematical. The standards exist, yes, but if there's a good reason for a different subdivision in the tempo marking, and it's mathematically accurate, then by all means. I know I've also seen examples of stranger things.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

I would just put it as dotted quarter = # (eighth = #) then.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!