Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: Static on July 24, 2017, 08:48:57 PM
Melody VII

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - "Zanza the Divine"
Timestamp: 1:00 - 1:19
# of Correct Responses: 0/6
[close]
Agh, man, this is one of my favorite high-quality rips. I guess the melody is hard to hear underneath Rob Cantor's masterpiece, though.
Melody IX

[SNES] Super Metroid - "Big Boss Confrontation 2"
Timestamp: 0:00 - 0:10
# of Correct Guesses: 0/6
[close]
At first I was really surprised that I missed this, but the melody is pretty hard to really discern underneath all those dissonant layers.

Congrats on the last-minute win, MSF.

EDIT: I've got 13 on MSF's right now and I could maybe eventually get 14
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

MSF stole the exact same part of #2 from me and I'm peeved.

EDIT: also i've got 3 of the Mario melodies again fight me
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Here, haz update, everyone. Five people have submitted their guesses.

Scoreboard (Update #1)
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5-6 people
Purple = 7+ people

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25
[close]

Don't forget that you have hints!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 24, 2017, 07:54:48 PMUnfortunately, Lux, who is scheduled to go today, isn't able to host his round as usual. Wah, who's scheduled to go next, doesn't seem to be around at the moment (and last time we talked he mentioned that he was only halfway done, so I don't know if he's finished).

I've been communicating with some people and I've settled on this course of action: to avoid messing up the immediate schedule too much, I'm going to post my next round now instead of during my usual spot. I'll most likely let my round go until Thursday (since it's almost Tuesday where I am), and Wah's round can last from Thursday to Saturday. THC and Dekka will still host their rounds according to the dates on the schedule, and then Yug will go right after Dekka instead of me.
Since Levi's away, and my summer is packed as usual, I'm extending scheduling privileges to MSF. Please contact him instead of me regarding any questions about who hosts when.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Next update! Seven people have submitted their guesses, and I have a few other goodies to impart.

Scoreboard (Update #2)
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5-6 people
Purple = 7+ people

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25
[close]

A couple general hints:

First of all, I was planning to mention this from the very start, but it slipped my mind. It turns out that on this quiz, there happen to be no melodies from a game that was represented in my previous quiz (Round A). That means that none of the following games are on this quiz:

Games NOT on This Quiz
Mario:
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Mario Party
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Mario Kart 8 may still be represented)

Kirby:
  • Kirby Super Star (KSS Ultra may still be represented)
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Kirby Canvas Curse

Pokémon:
  • Pokémon Sun & Moon
  • Pokémon Crystal Version (Gold & Silver may still be represented)
  • Pokémon Black & White Versions (B2W2 may still be represented)
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness (Explorers of Sky may still be represented)

Zelda:
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Hyrule Warriors

Miscellaneous:
  • Tetris
  • Super Metroid
  • Undertale
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
  • VVVVVV
  • Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night
  • To the Moon
  • Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
[close]

Additionally, as of now, only one of the four main series has been guessed out (but not all by the same person). Two of the other series have one melody remaining, while the fourth has two melodies unguessed.

Finally, a hint has been requested for #24, which you can find below. (Since it's near the end of the Hard section, it's a pretty sizable hint. I am hoping it gets guessed, after all...)

Requested Hints (1) - 24
  • #24: Not from one of the four main series. Not playable on a Nintendo system, either. Battle theme. Played by a violin section.
[close]

You know, #9 being unguessed makes me cry. Just a little...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Nine people have their guesses in now. It's not hard to guess who's currently in the lead, but at the moment there's a three-way tie for second place and a four-way tie for last place (I imagine this won't last for long, though). The other person is floating somewhere in between second and last place.

Scoreboard has been updated as usual, and, perhaps more importantly, two more hints have been requested: namely, for #6 and #9. This will probably be the last update unless another hint is requested.

Scoreboard (Update #3)
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5-6 people
Purple = 7+ people

[close]

Requested Hints (3) - 6, 9, 24
  • #6: From one of the four main series. Plays in one of the first few levels/areas in the game. The melody I transcribed comes right after the super famous part.
  • #9: From one of the four main series. Plays during the final boss battle. (Apparently not nearly as recognizable as I thought.)
  • #24: Not from one of the four main series. Not playable on a Nintendo system, either. Battle theme. Played by a violin section.
[close]

Oh, by the way, the subtitle of the quiz is supposed to be a hint. Not a big one, but it's there...

One final thing: the tenth competitor who hasn't entered yet is Levi, who happens to be away right now. He posted that he would be away for a week and should be back soon, so I'm going to leave this round open until he can compete, even if it means that I'll have to post the results on Friday or Saturday (although the upcoming rounds will still be posted on their normal dates).

In the case that anyone is desperate enough to know the answers before then, contact me and I can finalize your score and reveal them to you. Keep in mind that anything you say in response to the answers can and probably will be quoted in the results post.

mastersuperfan

Sorry, triple post, buuuut I've got a few last things to share. First of all, another hint was requested, this time for #3.

Requested Hints (4) - 3, 6, 9, 24
  • #3: From one of the four main series. DS game.
  • #6: From one of the four main series. Plays in one of the first few levels/areas in the game. The melody I transcribed comes right after the super famous part.
  • #9: From one of the four main series. Plays during the final boss battle. (Apparently not nearly as recognizable as I thought.)
[close]

Finally, I'll once again share with you the highest scores for each series:
  • One person has 3/4 Mario melodies. (This one's a mystery.)
  • One person has 2/4 Kirby melodies. (This will probably change once Levi gets here.)
  • Two people have 3/4 Pokémon melodies.
  • One person has 3/4 Zelda melodies.
  • Two people have 4/9 Miscellaneous melodies.
By the way, someone got #9 off the hint. Glad it's finally been guessed...

(And, just in case anyone missed my post earlier about it, I'm going to leave this round open until Levi gets back. Wah will post his round in the meantime.)

WaluigiTime64

what if i don't want to post my round

that being said, here's my round:

WAH'S MELODY QUIZ

there's almost no doubt that one or a few of these have been used before, and i don't really care lol. nobody's making a list of used songs so it becomes hard to remember. there's sort-of a theme to it but hopefully at least one of you will notice it
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

So I steal #2 from you and your replacement for #2 is something you stole from one of my next quizzes

Karma at its finest

WaluigiTime64

mastersuperfan

You also stole #4 from me and I'm even more mad

AND YOU MADMAN I SEE THAT #21 I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY DID IT

Dekkadeci

I see what you did with #2 and #24, WaluigiTime64...

WaluigiTime64

6 people have submitted guesses. Of the melodies, 14, 17, 19, 22, 23, and 25 have not been guessed.

WaluigiTime64

8 people have submitted guesses. Of the melodies, 19, 22, and 25 have not been guessed.

mikey

unmotivated