The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Oh good, there wasn't anything from Pikmin meaning it didn't matter if I missed it.

Damn though, I'dve gotten that to the moon one in a heartbeat.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 17, 2017, 08:50:03 PMDamn though, I'dve gotten that to the moon one in a heartbeat.

Precisely why I wanted you to compete this round.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Static

I knew that Touhou melody, and I even listened to that song while searching for it, but I didn't catch it still.
It doesn't help that all those piano solo parts in Touhou songs sound the same to me lol

Oh well I'm still happy with how I did (especially compared to how I usually do on these quizzes lol)

Dekkadeci

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 07:32:08 PMWho's going to be the first host to use NGAHHH! and mark Spear of Justice wrong?
After listening to them both, I find it far easier to use "Spear of Justice" and mark "NGAHHH!" wrong.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Due to work, put me out of the quiz-making schedule until I say otherwise.

Yug_Guy

After reading through your guys' responses so far, I think I can pretty definitively say this:

In other news, I'm taking any and all suggestions on how to possibly salvage this mess
[close]

Dudeman

Hey, it will be a glorious shitshow. I'd love to see how this goes down.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

In the meantime, I'm going to start my round early, since I'm going to end the round around 12 PM PST on Friday because I need to pack up and catch a plane and I'm probably not going to wake up before noon tomorrow anyway. Sooooo, here we go!

Quiz! ->

There are indeed some melodies from past quizzes here. It should be fairly short and relatively easy, so give it your best shot! Also, just from the title and the first two melodies, you should be able to guess the theme of this quiz.

One more thing I'm going to try out - A scoreboard on Google Sheets. When you submit your answers, I'll record your score here for everyone to see! Except, your username will be replaced by a randomly generated six-digit number because we can't spoil all the surprises here, can we?

Scoreboard! ->

EDIT: Little blip, #4's tempo had somehow switched with #9's so I fixed that in the new files!

mastersuperfan

I'm preeetty sure I'm gonna win on your quiz Insig

Like always ;)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Right, so please remind me to never do this again.

The scores were a bit disappointing this time around, so I'm not gonna do anything fancy. So let's get to it:

The Melodies
#1 - Animal Crossing (series) - The Roost
(Brawl version used)
Melody at  0:15

#2 - Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme

#3 - Super Castlevania IV - Simon's Theme

#4 - Mega Man - Elec Man Stage
Melody at  0:03

#5 - Dragon Quest (or, Dragon Warrior) - Overture
Melody at  0:25

#6 - Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme
Melody at  0:40

#7 - Super Metroid - Brinstar (Underground Depths)
Melody at  3:14

#8 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Mystic Cave Zone
Melody at  0:37

#9 - Final Fantasy V - Battle with Gilgamesh (Clash on the Big Bridge)
Melody at  1:04

#10 - EarthBound - Kraken of the Sea
Melody at  0:00

#11 - Secret of Mana - Danger
Melody at  1:45

THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I PUT THIS SONG IN ONE OF MY QUIZZES, AND STILL NONE OF YOU GOT IT

#12 - Tetris - C Theme
Melody at  0:31

#13 - Perfect Dark - Institute Menu
Melody at  0:20

#14 - Chrono Cross - Dreams of Shore Near Another World
Melody at  0:12

#15 - Stardew Valley - Fall (Raven's Descent)
Melody at  1:55

#BONUS - AWOLNATION - Burn it Down
(Licensed for Saints Row IV)
Melody at  1:34

Okay, not really a video game song, but I couldn't resist having a song from my favorite band on this list.  :P

...I mean, it is a bonus song.
[close]

And now, the winner:
We have a tie!
It's Dudeman and mastersuperfan! with a total of... 5 points.

Victory music... I guess?
[close]
[close]

Scores
Dudeman - 1,2,3,4,6
mastersuperfan - 1,2,9,12,14
InsigTurtle - 10,12
Dekkadeci - 6
[close]

And with all that out of the way, my final thoughts:
On my part, not on any of you guys
[close]

Dudeman

Agh, god, I listened to Brinstar Underground this morning!! Aghhhhh I actually could have done a little better at this crazy round.

Oh well.

mastersuperfan

Agh fuck I really should've got #4 and #6

AGH

EDIT: Person who has 9/13 on Insig's, you're scaring me. If you are who I think you are you have a very good chance of getting more.

EDIT: Never mind you're not who I think you are and I also just got an 11th one so I'm not worried anymore

InsigTurtle

Tomorrow's the last day to get your guesses in, since this round is closing Friday morning!

Quiz! ->
Scoreboard! ->

Hopefully some of you have enjoyed this round's scoreboard.