News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

You kind of seemed surprised that nobody got it is all
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 17, 2017, 06:23:45 PMI think msf's just trying to make sure the only Kirby tracks I miss are from Air Ride.

Heart of Nova

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 17, 2017, 06:24:36 PMYou kind of seemed surprised that nobody got it is all

Well see I need to make a convincing case that somebody should've gotten it so that people don't call me out on being too obscure
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 17, 2017, 05:53:38 PMMaybe I should make an all-Kirby bonus quiz sometime...
I may as well say that my Quiz #5's bonus section is provisionally going to be "songs that keep being associated with video games yet strictly don't quite count". Too bad Korobeiniki was already taken.

As for #14--about the only thing I remembered about "Magma Flows" from my previous listens of it was the "Gourmet Race" semi-quote.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 17, 2017, 04:54:06 PMHow about no pokemon or Kirby but keep the Zelda and Mario
Quote from: LeviR.Star on July 17, 2017, 04:54:06 PMHow about no pokemon or Zelda or Mario but keep the Kirby
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 17, 2017, 04:54:06 PMHow about no Pokemon, but keep the Mario, Zelda, and Kirby
You guys do realize this is exactly why I did it this way, right? This way (ideally), everyone should be on an equal playing field. I know I'm often at a competitive disadvantage because I'm not as familiar with Kirby music as much as some of you guys are, and I'm sure some of you feel the same way about one (or more) of the other big 3. Hopefully, by getting rid of some of these biases, the quiz can be the most competitive & accessible to its participants. That's the hope, anyway.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 17, 2017, 05:51:12 PMHow about we, the proletariat, rise up against the bourgeoisie and institute a new society where social classes are abolished and we own the means of production?
You could make a religion out of thi- No, don't.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 06:27:24 PMHeart of Nova

"Mission Failed" - From main series

"Battle Among Friends: Waddle Dee" - From main series

"Hard" - From a well-known spin-off, and appeared in main series

But don't mind me.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Am I the one claiming to be the Kirby master around here?

Quote from: Yug_Guy on July 17, 2017, 06:44:49 PMHopefully, by getting rid of some of these biases, the quiz can be the most competitive & accessible to its participants.

Or it could just end up being accessible to nobody
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: Yug_Guy on July 17, 2017, 06:44:49 PMYou guys do realize this is exactly why I did it this way, right? This way (ideally), everyone should be on an equal playing field. I know I'm often at a competitive disadvantage because I'm not as familiar with Kirby music as much as some of you guys are, and I'm sure some of you feel the same way about one (or more) of the other big 3. Hopefully, by getting rid of some of these biases, the quiz can be the most competitive & accessible to its participants. That's the hope, anyway.
this gives an advantage to the fire emblem type nerds

In other words I like the idea but I think you're going about it wrong
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 06:46:05 PMAm I the one claiming to be the Kirby master around here?

Please tell me that's sarcasm
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Yug_Guy on July 17, 2017, 06:44:49 PMYou guys do realize this is exactly why I did it this way, right? This way (ideally), everyone should be on an equal playing field. I know I'm often at a competitive disadvantage because I'm not as familiar with Kirby music as much as some of you guys are, and I'm sure some of you feel the same way about one (or more) of the other big 3. Hopefully, by getting rid of some of these biases, the quiz can be the most competitive & accessible to its participants. That's the hope, anyway.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 17, 2017, 06:49:31 PMthis gives an advantage to the fire emblem type nerds

In other words I like the idea but I think you're going about it wrong
To a certain extent, I agree with Noc here--this quiz might just be biased in favour of those who've listened to a wide variety of soundtracks. And seeing as you (Yug_Guy) have guessed Papers, Please, Overwatch, and Valkyrie no Densetsu themes correctly (among other series that basically nobody else guessed correctly)...I'm starting to expect a pretty wide range of represented soundtracks here.

As for #19, I only recall watching my sister play the Phoenix Wright (not Apollo Justice, and probably not Miles Edgeworth) games with the sound on.

...And now I've been reading the score spreadsheet for so long that I think I know mastersuperfan's real name now.

ThatHiddenCharacter

#6: I looked at this one when looking for #7!
#7: I have no idea why I recognized this...
#8: I looked at this one when looking for #8!!
#10: NGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 17, 2017, 07:01:07 PM...And now I've been reading the score spreadsheet for so long that I think I know mastersuperfan's real name now.

Thing is, my name is so generic that you'd never be able to track me down. Heck, there's a guy at my school with the exact same first and last name.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 07:10:00 PMThing is, my name is so generic that you'd never be able to track me down. Heck, there's a guy at my school with the exact same first and last name.
That's what my old classmate Michael Wong told me, too.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Who's going to be the first host to use NGAHHH! and mark Spear of Justice wrong?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 07:32:08 PMWho's going to be the first host to use NGAHHH! and mark Spear of Justice wrong?
I don't know. Yug got mad at me when he said Oh! One True Love! for Oh! Dungeon! and I marked it wrong. I don't want to be on Yug's bad side. It's not a fun place to be... But then there's always Nyeh heh heh!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter