News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

I just had to comment on that outrage. It was too appalling to keep quiet about.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 05, 2017, 02:21:41 PMAlso, yes, I'm bitter they removed it in Zero Mission.

IKR wtf they made just about everything else better but they do this to us.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 05, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
and the winner is...
Yug guy with 11 points!
[close]
Oh dang, that's... honestly unexpected.

No.4
No. 4 Battle! Rival from Pokemon Gold, Silver & Crystal

Time Stamp: 0:56

Guessed by: WaluigiTime, dudeman
[close]

No.11
No. 11 Bonus Game from Yoshi's Island

Time Stamp: 0:26

Guessed by: WaluigiTime
[close]
I knew these sounded familiar. I really should've gotten them.

No.14
No. 14 Title Screen from Pikmin 3

Time Stamp: 0:02

yug guy, mah man.
Technically you were right, it's a theme that is used throughout the series.

Guessed by: Yug guy
[close]
...did no one recognize the Pikmin series signature melody in the first measure? Really?

No.20
No. 20 Submission Plaza Theme from The Check Mii Out Channel

Time Stamp: 0:08

Serious props to yug guy.

Guessed by: Yug guy
[close]
I probably spent more time than is reasonable expected on the Check Mii Out channel, so it didn't take me too long to remember it.  :P

Dekkadeci

No.5
No. 5 Coconut Mall from Mario Kart Wii

Time Stamp: 0:28

with how detailed this one was it should have basically been a free point. (mael, you didn't pick up your free point) EDIT: Dekkadeci too apparently.

Guessed by: msf, Yug guy, WaluigiTime, dudeman, THC, Levi, Static, Latios
[close]
I never played Mario Kart Wii much and barely watched others play it. Basically the only songs from that game I know are the title theme (because my siblings hit there often enough), the Rainbow Road theme (because I inevitably collide with it while trying to listen to other Rainbow Road themes), and the Toad's Factory theme (because I somewhat purposefully sought it out and also dat jazz).

LeviR.star

3. Thanks for ze quote! :)
11. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; I never finished this game. I should get back to it.
13. Why did I miss this? I should know this from Ultimate NES Remix.
19. AAAAAUUUUUGGGHHH I REMEMBER THIS NOW!! I spent so much time on this; I knew I recognized it!!
20. I VISITED THIS BEFORE IT WAS DISCONTINUED! I WAS THERE!!

*clears throat*

Nice quiz, Olimar, and everyone out there!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Lux, you should've only given the last measure for #3. Three of us still would've gotten it.

;)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

mastersuperfan

I'm a little confused by the fact that I still haven't found any Pokémon on Lux's quiz...

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 05, 2017, 04:49:04 PMI'm a little confused by the fact that I still haven't found any Pokémon on Lux's quiz...

Somehow, all of the melodies except the pokemon ones (there are two) and the bonus one have been guessed

I mean, I don't think the second pokemon one will ever be guessed. But hey, it's a cool game with a cool soundtrack, so I'm not bothered.

The most guessed themes are (in descending order):
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

mastersuperfan

I have now figured out with certainty which two are from Pokémon but I still don't recognize either of them >.<

LuxraySpiral

This time, a total of 8 people participated!

Here we go with the answers...

Time Stamp - 0:02

Dark Pit - Kid Icarus Uprising
Guessed by 4/8
Namely: Yug_Guy, MSF, Dekka, Dudeman

As Dekka pointed out, this exact melody does not play in "Dark Pit's Theme", but I decided to accept both answers because they're close enough

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 05, 2017, 03:58:15 PM1) "Dank Pit" - Kid Icarus: Uprising
[close]
Time Stamp - 1:06

Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Guessed by 4/8
Namely: Noc, Yug_Guy, MSF, Dudeman

[close]
Time Stamp - 0:00

Koopa Cape - Mario Kart Wii/7
Guessed by 7/8
Namely: Noc, Waluigi, THC, Yug_Guy, MSF, Insig, Dudeman

[close]
Time Stamp - 0:07

Fire Emblem Theme - Fire Emblem Series
Guessed by 5/8
Namely: Noc, Yug_Guy, MSF, Dekka, Dudeman

I actually used the Brawl version, not an actual Fire Emblem game. Please don't hurt me lol.
I accepted all versions, but well done to those who found the exact version, and sorry to anyone who was thrown off by it.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 05, 2017, 01:55:34 PM4 Sometimes I feel that my memory should burn on the sun, but then I remember that I wouldn't get any songs without it. So familiar, this one...
[close]

Bowling - Results - Wii Sports
Guessed by 3/8
Namely: Waluigi, Insig, MSF

A lot of you must be hitting your head on the desk by now
[close]
Time Stamp - 1:34

Credits - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS
Guessed by 6/8
Namely: Noc, THC, Yug_Guy, MSF, Dekka, Dudeman

I tried to choose the most recognisable bit of the theme
[close]

Bonus Win - Donkey Kong Country
Guessed by 4/8
Namely: Yug_Guy, THC, Dudeman, MSF

[close]
Time Stamp - 0:06

Able Sisters - Animal Crossing Series
Guessed by 3/8
Namely: Noc, MSF, Dudeman

I used the City Folk version for the quiz
[close]
Time Stamp - 0:31

Melty Monster Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Guessed by 4/8
Namely: Waluigi, THC, MSF, Dudeman

[close]

Entralink - Pokemon Black/White
Guessed by 1/8
Namely: Insig

Well done to Insig for getting this one, especially since he managed to get it from just the pdf!
[close]
Time Stamp - 0:05

Tears of a Dog Ninja - Rhythm Heaven
Guessed by 1/8
Namely: MSF

Well done to MSF for getting this one! Y'all should really go check out the Rhythm Heaven ost, it's great
[close]
Time Stamp - 0:36

Wild Pokemon Battle - Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Guessed by 0/8
:(

The Pokemon Ranger series actually has a really nice soundtrack. Too bad it's usually overshadowed by pmd as a spinoff game.
The reason I chose such an obscure time stamp is purely because it's my favourite part of the tune.
[close]
Time Stamp - 0:36

Wild Pokemon Battle - Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Guessed by 0/8
:(

The Pokemon Ranger series actually has a really nice soundtrack. Too bad it's usually overshadowed by pmd as a spinoff game.
The reason I chose such an obscure time stamp is purely because it's my favourite part of the tune.
[close]
Time Stamp - 0:42

Theme 1 - StreetPass Mii Plaza
Guessed by 3/8
Namely: THC, MSF, Dudeman

[close]
Time Stamp - 1:20

Finale - Undertale
Guessed by 5/8
Namely: Waluigi, THC, Yug_Guy, MSF, Dudeman

This one isn't as popular as Megalovania or Death by Glamour, but it is definitely one that's worth looking into, imo.
[close]
Bonus

Character Select - Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
Guessed by 0/8
Why am I not surprised?

I don't think anyone here has even heard of the Puyo puyo series. I shouldn't expect people to know tracks from a Japan-exclusive game lol.
The soundtrack is definitely worth taking a look, though.
[close]

And the winner is...
Surprise surprise
mastersuperfan!
[close]
[close]
Final Scores
MSF 12
Dudeman 10
Yug_Guy 7
THC 6
Noc 5
Waluigi 4
Dekka 3
Insig 3
[close]
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

LeviR.star

Lux, you should probably wait until Saturday next time. Some people didn't get the chance to participate yet.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements