News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Darn, I think I would've gotten #4k if not for the tremolos... (Just so you know, I listen to it regularly)

Also, I was going through the Geometry Dash OST yesterday to look for tracks to possibly put in a melody quiz. I don't think I got around to that one. Oops. Feel free to do another one in one of your future quizzes :D

EDIT: Final Fantasy 6/8/10 music is better than 7's brah

EDIT again:

Quote from: Dekkadeci on June 17, 2017, 01:52:14 PM
  • Static: 2 (= 2 + 1)

This is some great math
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 17, 2017, 01:57:27 PM
  • Static: 2 (= 2 + 1)

This is some great math
Apologies; fixed.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 17, 2017, 01:57:27 PMEDIT: Final Fantasy 6/8/10 music is better than 7's brah
After listening to the regular battle music and the regular boss music (oh, and several other boss themes and the final boss themes) of Final Fantasy VIII at least a few times each, I still can't remember any of their tunes. And I've barely heard of any Final Fantasy VI tunes (I've heard it has boss themes), so of course I don't remember any of them. I guess Final Fantasy X's track record isn't bad, as I remember at least one other theme from that game.

In the meantime, I can sing at least four Final Fantasy VII songs off the top of my head (at least partially thanks to how many arrangements I've heard of them in comparison), so it wins for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, by the way, I wish NocturneOfShadow's quiz has melody numbers. I was forced to use measure numbers in my guess PM instead.

mastersuperfan

Coming soon to a melody quiz near you: a track from Final Fantasy 6/8/10.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

Something tells me that 6 songs from a single series is a bit strange.

Then again, I can't say anything, because I'm anticipating a bonus quiz purely consisting of one series anyway.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LuxraySpiral

Damn it, if I had sent my answers I would have got 5 of them, including the Geometry Dash one.

Anyway, I might not be able to make a quiz in time, so please can someone take my spot for June 26?
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

If y'all are curious... here's a little "preview" of sorts of my next quiz:

Oh boy
[close]

WaluigiTime64

I mean, at least you're apologising.

Also is that bonus Mario Kart one happening or nah?

I just finished mine, and I can't wait to get some melodies stolen from it lol.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

InsigTurtle

I mean, if someone uses a melody that I'll include in my next quiz, I'll just use it twice in the same quiz because why not?

Dudeman

"Soviet March", from Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, used as the title theme
Timestamp: 0:24

This song is so famous that it has a special mention on its composer's Wikipedia page (and I've never edited a Wikipedia page, ever, so that's saying something). Tens of millions of views across all YouTube videos, seven million views in the one above alone, gets into streaming services...at least one of you has to recognize a song this popular, right?

...Luckily, one of you did.

1 out of 7 people got this correct.
People who got this correct
Yug_Guy
[close]
[close]
Never heard this one. Ever. Like, ever ever. Not in passing or some famous snippet. Never. I question your claims of famousness.
#2k
"Battle with Meta Knight"/"Meta Knight's Theme"/"Vs. Meta Knight", from Kirby Super Star
Timestamp: 0:00

I also accepted Meta Knight's boss theme from Kirby Super Star Ultra (which adds in some accompaniment lines and messes around with the pitch bending) and Mecha Knight's boss theme from Kirby: Planet Robobot. I did not accept Meta Knight's boss theme from Kirby's Epic Yarn, as it modifies this melody.

This song is significantly harder to figure out once I remove the harmonies of its fifth to eighth bars, right?

The good news is that I finally recovered my earlier transcriptions of this piece, so I can try to transcribe its solo for the third time and check how consistent I am...

...how the heck has Kirby music been by far the hardest to transcribe completely rhythmically accurately so far for me?

Whether it's coincidence that this sounds like Ridley's theme, who knows...

1 out of 7 people got this correct.
People who got this correct
mastersuperfan
[close]
[close]
WHAT HOW DID I MISS THIS
*listens to transcription again*
...I swear this is faster than the video even though the tempo's right. Odd.

...all right. That was a quiz. Some very odd choices in there.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on June 17, 2017, 06:18:42 PMAlso is that bonus Mario Kart one happening or nah?

Well, it's not actually from Mario Kart. I have no idea where it's from. Unless you're asking whether I'm putting a super obscure Mario Kart one on there as a bonus... in which case, no. It wouldn't be a bonus. Even if I know nobody will get it. ;)

Dudeman

*opens Noc's quiz*

...Dear god, this is sloppy. Also you've got some tempo errors.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 12, 2017, 02:03:10 PMIf I miss another Mario Kart I will probably strangle someone. Either that or load up my quizzes with Mario Kart songs so obscure nobody could get them. I don't even need the Arcade GP games to do that.
Oh right we need to stump you with another Mario Kart one. I'll have to edit my quiz.

mastersuperfan

Good luck. You'll need it.

Don't try pulling another from MKWii. I'll know it (and you'll end up probably stealing from me, too, and then I'll be mad at you and take out all the Mega Man and Touhou tracks from my next few quizzes).

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 17, 2017, 07:15:26 PMGood luck. You'll need it.
I know I will. Thanks.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 17, 2017, 07:15:26 PMDon't try pulling another from MKWii. I'll know it
is this because you missed two and got angry so you memorised the entirety of the soundtrack

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 17, 2017, 07:15:26 PM(and you'll end up probably stealing from me, too, and then I'll be mad at you and take out all the Mega Man and Touhou tracks from my next few quizzes).
Ok lol. I wasn't going to use another MKWii one anyway. That would've been too easy.