News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Quiz status update:
- Everything has been guessed by someone so far, except for #9.
- There's currently a tie for first place, with a bunch of people a couple points behind.
- There are no more than 10 Mario Kart melodies on this quiz.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I'm working on a quiz that I'll be done with really soon, is anyone willing to let me barge in front of them since I haven't done a quiz yet
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

He probably won't put you all the way at the end.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

LeviR.star

Erg... I've heard #15 before, but I don't know where...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Noc you didn't even message me but I put you in anyways, since Yug Guy had to vacate his spot coincidentally. You'll go next Saturday June 17.

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 09, 2017, 09:05:14 AMErg... I've heard #15 before, but I don't know where...
:3

Also, get your answers in soon if you're still trying to get some, I'll likely be posting answers right before or after I sleep tonight, as I'll probably be out most of tomorrow.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Answers!
#1 (7/12)
Love and Peace/Because I Love You - EarthBound
Timestamp: 0:06

I also accepted Fourside because most of you guessed that; I forgot it had the same melody, just transposed down an octave (at the same tempo) which makes it close enough for me to count.
Quote from: LuxraySpiral1. The first 6 notes are identical to Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - In the Sky
This... I wish I could give half a point to this lol.
Quote from: mastersuperfanEARTHBOUND RIPPED OFF POKEMON RANGER CONFIRMED
Maelstrom, Static, InsigTurtle, Yug Guy, Olimar12345, mastersuperfan, and Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]
#2 (3/12)
Icirrus City - Pokémon Black and White
Timestamp: 0:28

Fun with time signatures! The middle section of the song just skips an eighth note beat at times, to a cool effect.
Quote from: DudemanAGH FUCK IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS
THERE IT FUCKING IS FUCKING ICIRRUS CITY GODDAMMIT I SHOULDA CHECKED GEN 5 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
mastersuperfan, InsigTurtle, and Luxray Spiral guessed this correctly.
[close]
#3 (1/12)
Beyond the Sky - Xenoblade Chronicles
Timestamp: 0:33

Ah, guess no one really knew this one; it's a nice song.
Quote from: DudemanOH #3 IS BEYOND THE SKY
SHOUTOUTS TO SIIVAGUNNER
Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]
#4 (3/12)
Battle against Dusknoir - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Timestamp: 0:58

A really strange song that fits the mood perfectly.
mastersuperfan, InsigTurtle, and LuxralSpiral guessed this correctly.
[close]
#5 (4/12)
Clock Town, First Day - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Timestamp: 0:56

A less common part from one of the more iconic Zelda pieces.
Quote from: InsigTurtleso it's the part that nobody remembers from clock town?
mastersuperfan, Maelstrom, Dudeman, and Olimar12345 guessed this correctly.
[close]
#6 (2/12)
Horon Village - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Quote from: mastersuperfanI think 6 is Zelda but that might just be because it reminds me a little of Zelda's Lullaby
Timestamp: 0:28

Dudeman and Olimar12345 guessed this correctly.
[close]
#7 (4/12)
Mushroom Gorge (Mario Kart Wii)
Timestamp: 0:32

ehehe MSF missed a Mario Kart
Quote from: mastersuperfansee what happens is
I can't hear the bass alone because of Daisy going YEEEEAAAAH and Funky going YEAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA or whatever
Quote from: mastersuperfansomething something you picked something something the only part of something the only something mario kart wii something something track I wouldn't something something be able something something to get
Dudeman WaluigiTime64, ThatHiddenCharacter, and LeviR.Star guessed this correctly.
[close]
#8 (4/12)
Candy Mountain - Kirby Super Star
Timestamp: 0:27

I would say this is a relatively recognizable Kirby song, but the fact that I picked the C section made it a little harder.
Quote from: DudemanOH FUCK I DO KNOW THIS ONE
AGH FUCK I KNOW THIS ONE
mastersuperfan, Maelstrom, ThatHiddenCharacter, and LeviR.Star guessed this correctly.
[close]
#9 (1/12)
Ending Theme - Kirby's Adventure
Timestamp: 0:21

Quote from: LeviR.StarThose uncultured souls that didn't get #9 >:(
LeviR.Star guessed this correctly.
[close]
#10 (2/12)
Victory - Excitebike
Timestamp: 0:00

Excitebike has like two tracks, but I like to think they're iconic NES tracks. Surprised more people didn't get it, and sorry about the weird rhythms.
Yug Guy and ThatHiddenCharacter guessed this correctly.
[close]
#11 (2/12)
Jinjo Village - Banjo-Tooie
Timestamp: 0:29

This one's pretty characteristic of Grant Kirkhope, and one of the better known Banjo songs (I think?)
Quote[6/9/2017 9:16:16 PM] mastersuperfan: was this the thing that
[6/9/2017 9:16:28 PM] Latios212: Maestro's contest thing?
[6/9/2017 9:16:31 PM] mastersuperfan: YEAH
[6/9/2017 9:16:48 PM] mastersuperfan: so I did know it
WaluigiTime64 and Yug Guy guessed this correctly.
[close]
#12 (9/12)
Athletic - Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Timestamp: 0:01

As suspected, the easiest one I put on the quiz. A step below many of the other Mario Athletic themes in terms of popularity, but a recognizable enough one - especially if you played the game, because like half of the songs reuse this melody.
mastersuperfan, Dudeman, InsigTurtle, WaluigiTime64, ThatHiddenCharacter, Dekkadeci, Yug Guy, Olimar12345, and LeviR.Star guessed this correctly.
[close]
#13 (1/12)
Trainers' Eyes Meet (Hiker) - Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
Timestamp: 0:02

If you've played R/S/E/OR/AS, you've definitely heard this before. But it'd be a bit tricky to recall. (Someone got it, though!!)
Quote from: DudemanOOOOOOOO 13 IS A TRAINER'S EYES MEET THEME
FROM GEN 3
GIMME LIKE TWO SECONDS I'LL REMEMBER
Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]
#14 (4/12)
Robo's Theme - Chrono Trigger
Timestamp: 0:25

I have been informed that this exists. I am very sorry; that was not intentional lol.

Quote from: Yug GuyDID YOU JUST SERIOUSLY ROBO-ROLL ALL OF US FOR NUMBER 14?! YOU MOTHERFU-
mastersuperfan, Static, Maelstrom, and Yug Guy guessed this correctly.
[close]
#15 (1/12)
Special World 8 (5 Stars) - Super Mario 3D Land
Timestamp: 0:41

I know this is a fairly difficult one to get given it's so far in the game, but here's another entry point:

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I couldn't be bothered to figure it out, but I swear I'm going to hate myself for it.
Quote from: LeviR.StarI'm trying to remember #15, and it's KILLING ME!!
Static guessed this correctly.
[close]

Winners and scores!
Spoiler
Dudeman and mastersuperfan tie with a score of 7/15! (Surprise!)
Yug Guy - 5/15
Maelstrom, InsigTurtle, ThatHiddenCharacter, Olimar12345, LeviR.Star - 4/15
Static, WaluigiTime64 - 3/15
LuxraySpiral - 2/15
Dekkadeci - 1/15
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Someone put non-retro Super Circuit on their quiz so I can redeem myself plz
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 10, 2017, 10:59:29 AMSomeone put non-retro Super Circuit on their quiz so I can redeem myself plz
Ah ah ah, I'd get one of those too.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book