News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Well, I suppose it's time for the answers and results, ain't it? We had a whopping 12 participants this round, which I think is the most this competition has ever seen so far. I think there will be a lot of tears and broken hearts with this post... but let's get started anyways.

MSF ROUND 3

FINAL SCOREBOARD
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30
[close]

#1 (5/12)
"Figure-8 Circuit / Mario Circuit" - Mario Kart DS

Timestamp: 0:31

I started off this quiz with a good ol' Mario Kart song, in particular one of my personal favorites and also one I wanted to see if people remembered. Originally I had Waluigi Pinball in here instead, but I figured that I already had enough tracks in this quiz that reappear in Smash. (It'd also make it a bit too easy...)

Quote from: DudemanDefinitely Mario Kart of some sort. Will have to come back to this.
Quote from: Olimar12345pretty sure its from mario kart
Quote from: DekkadeciWhy does #1 sound like Mario Kart music...

They never got it.

Quote from: LuxraySpiralIt's something from Pokemon SM but I can't remember what it was GGGgggggggGGrgrrrrRRrr
Quote from: Maelstrom#1 is kirby
maybe
I don't know it

Not quite. Sorry.
[close]

#2 (0/12)
"Embracing One's Duty" / "N's Bridge" - Pokémon Black & White

Timestamp: 0:17

High-Quality Rip

Phooey darn. This is one of my all-time favorite tracks in Pokémon, and I was hoping at least one person would know it; alas, not a single person got it right in the end. Granted, it only plays once in the entire game, and not for very long at that...
[close]

#3 (2/12)
"Tellur Town (Autumn)" - Pokkén Tournament

Timestamp: 1:08

This was my replacement for the Vs. Tapu theme, and I just went picked something obscure and very far in because I was salty after having one of my favorite ones used. :P (For the record, I've never played this game.)

Quote[5/24/17, 7:23:32 PM] mastersuperfan: I originally used Magikarp Festival and then I was like "screw it, this has half a million views and only like two actual melodies"
[5/24/17, 7:23:46 PM] Latios212: good thing you didn't go with that because I actually have no idea what that sounds like
[close]

#4 (8/12)
"Metallic Mario" - Super Mario 64

Timestamp: 0:04

High-Quality Rip

One of the easiest melodies in the entire quiz, and it definitely showed in the results. If you've ever touched this game, this theme probably stuck with you.

Quote from: LuxraySpiralDamn it I know this one

Quote[5/24/17, 3:55:15 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: HE DOESN'T KNOW #4
[5/24/17, 3:55:39 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: WHY
[5/24/17, 3:55:54 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: It's taking all my effort not to tell him

Quote[5/24/17, 7:28:36 PM] Latios212: maelstrom was very angry at me for not getting #4
[5/24/17, 7:28:53 PM] mastersuperfan: more people should really be getting 4 tbh
[close]

#5 (3/12)
"Lorule Castle (Top Floor)" - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Timestamp: 0:20

(Also in the Lorule Castle medley.)

Perhaps one of the more standout tracks in the game, though it only plays at the very end. I wasn't picky if you just said "Lorule Castle" without specifying the floor, since the part I transcribed was the theme that plays on every floor, but in a key that only appears in the Top Floor version. Plus, many online versions feature all floors together as a medley.
[close]

#6 (1/12)
"Heart of Nova" - Kirby Super Star

Timestamp: 0:26

Other accepted games: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

High-Quality Rip (Rainbow Curse)

(Note: the Planet Robobot remix, Soul 0 System, does not contain the transcribed excerpt.)

I thought this one would be rather easy to recognize, but I was proven wrong. Congratulations to Dekkadeci for being the only one to get this one correct. Perhaps a longer transcription would have helped...
[close]

#7 (1/12)
"Digga-Leg" - Super Mario Galaxy 2

Timestamp: 0:39

Oh, hey, look. It's another Galaxy boss with "leg" in its name. I purposely chose the melody in the song that would translate the most unrecognizably to piano, yet I was still expecting a couple more people to know this one, especially since I find this track much more memorable than Megaleg... Congratulations to Dudeman for being the only one to get this one correct.
[close]

#8 (0/12)
"Map (Prologue)" - Fire Emblem Heroes

Timestamp: 0:50

This was the one track not on a Nintendo system, though that never meant Nintendo didn't have a hand in developing it... Unfortunately, despite the popularity of Fire Emblem among some members on the forums, nobody was able to recognize this one. Perhaps it would've been guessed if I'd used the first melody instead?
[close]

#9 (1/12)
"Route 23" - Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

Timestamp: 0:09

Other accepted games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Yes, I did another track from Gen 5 (after all, it's the best generation), but BW and B2W2 are different games, so there's no rule against it. Congratulations to LuxraySpiral for being the only one to get this one correct. I'm rather surprised not more people knew it, especially since it's a remix of The Pokémon Lab / Professor Rowan's Theme from Gen 4 (and it got its own remix in Smash 4 to boot).
[close]

#10 (5/12)
"Calamari Inkantation" - Splatoon

Timestamp: 0:35

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (Beta Mix)
High-Quality Rip (Alternate Mix)

Some of you may or may not perhaps remember that I didn't like this game when I played it. In no way did that stop me from using its music, however, and I thought this catchy track would be a nice addition to make for a more diverse selection of melodies.

Quote from: InsigTurtleI've never played Splatoon but this is the music form that 2nd phase of that DJ Octavio battle isn't it

Quote from: DudemanWHAT'S THIS? WHERE MAH BEATS?!

Quote from: MaelstromHEY
#10 IS THE SQUID SISTERS
ISN'T IT
HA
[close]

#11 (2/12)
"An Obstacle in Our Path" / "One Who Gets in Our Way" - Xenoblade Chronicles

Timestamp: 1:27

I've never played Xenoblade, but I have to say that the soundtrack is amazing. This is one of the first ones I listened to, and I was totally blown away by the music's sheer grandness and scale. I decided to pick a part that didn't give it away but still made it recognizable, and sure enough some people were able to get it.

Quote from: Dudemanas I was listening to the original I was starting to get worried that this wasn't it, it's so far into the piece

Quote[5/24/17, 4:12:41 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: Just got 11
[5/24/17, 4:12:48 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: AAaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA
[5/24/17, 4:12:59 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: how did I miss it
[5/24/17, 4:13:13 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: The Xenoblade one
[5/24/17, 4:13:24 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: How did I miss
[close]

#12 (2/12)
"Bazaar" - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Timestamp: 1:03

Other accepted games: Hyrule Warriors

I haven't played much of Skyward Sword either, nor do I know the soundtrack very well. In fact, I know this one purely from Hyrule Warriors. Regardless, I threw this one into my quiz for some diversity. I was a little surprised at the lack of people who knew this one, though I do suppose the excerpt is rather far in...
[close]

#13 (1/12)
"Lightning Chariot Base" - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Timestamp: 0:47

Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favorite 3DS games, and I know that a few other people here have played it as well. I originally had a melody from one of the earlier parts in 5/8, but to make it a little harder to recognize I decided to move the selection further in. Congratulations to Dudeman for being the only one to get this one correct.

Back when the melody quizzes first became a thing...

Quote[4/11/17, 6:26:57 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: Heck, I'm surprised everyone got the KI:U one
[4/11/17, 6:27:04 PM] mastersuperfan: KI:U is amazing <3
[4/11/17, 6:27:13 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: agreed
[4/11/17, 6:27:20 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: and so is lightning battle
[4/11/17, 6:27:28 PM] mastersuperfan: the whole OST is just fantastic
[4/11/17, 6:27:35 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: totally
[4/11/17, 6:27:45 PM] mastersuperfan: maybe you'll see a KI:U one pop up when I do this next time
[4/11/17, 6:27:50 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: ha

Unfortunately... despite it sounding familiar to him, he never got this one.
[close]

#14 (1/12)
"Miror B. Battle" - Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness

Timestamp: 0:07

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (Alternate Version)
High-Quality Rip (Beta Version)

Also rather surprised so few people got this one. I don't imagine that many people have played this game (I have, though I haven't finished it), but the track itself has over a million views on YouTube, and Miror B. and his Ludicolo have become somewhat of a meme at this point. Congratulations to Dudeman (again) for being the only one to get this correct.

Quote[5/25/17, 12:56:56 AM] mastersuperfan: by the way how do you even know Miror B. anyways
[5/25/17, 12:57:13 AM] Dudeman: I know Miror B. because it's freaking Miror B, man.
[close]

#15 (1/12)
"Dried-up Sea" / "Dinner Desert (Desert Area)" - Kirby: Planet Robobot

Timestamp: 1:00

Originally I picked the melody in the intro, but before I posted the quiz I decided to up the difficulty and pick an excerpt much farther in for the heck of it. Perhaps it achieved the desired effect, because Dudeman didn't recognize it. :D Congratulations to LeviR.star for being the only one to get this one correct.
[close]

#16 (3/12)
"Boss Battle" / "Battle 2" - Final Fantasy IV

Timestamp: 0:36

Other accepted games: Super Mario RPG

High-Quality Rip

The first piece of Final Fantasy music I ever heard, and perhaps for good reason: it's the only one ever to show up in a Mario game, which was the reason why I chose this one in particular.

Quote from: InsigTurtleThat's the thing they use in Final Fantasy IV, the boss battle music. But is the Culex battle from Super Mario RPG ok?

Quote from: DudemanTHIS ONE IS DRIVING ME NUTS UGGHHHHHHHH

He never got it.
[close]

#17 (3/12)
"Storm Eagle Stage" - Mega Man X

Timestamp: 0:05

High-Quality Rip

With a quiz of this size, I had to include some Mega Man in here, even if I haven't played the series myself. Although it's a short track, I thought this one would be decently recognizable to Mega Man fans, and sure enough it was.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64#17: Spark Mandrill Stage - Mega Man X
Quote from: WaluigiTime64wait why did i write spark mandrill

#17: Storm Eagle Stage - Mega Man X

Embarrassing.

Quote5/25/17, 7:11:53 PM] LeviR.star: AAAAUGGH
[5/25/17, 7:11:57 PM] LeviR.star: I KNOW 17
[5/25/17, 7:12:03 PM] LeviR.star: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote[5/25/17, 7:27:17 PM] LeviR.star: you...
[5/25/17, 7:27:26 PM] LeviR.star: you made me think it was from air ride...
[5/25/17, 7:28:29 PM] LeviR.star: I never thought you'd played the game
[5/25/17, 7:28:41 PM] mastersuperfan: you got 17?
[5/25/17, 7:28:48 PM] LeviR.star: i did indeed
[5/25/17, 7:28:53 PM] mastersuperfan: I never have lol
[5/25/17, 7:28:59 PM] mastersuperfan: Smooth McGroove ftw
[5/25/17, 7:29:04 PM] LeviR.star: after searching through half of air rides ost
[5/25/17, 7:29:08 PM] LeviR.star: i went to eat dinner
[5/25/17, 7:29:13 PM] mastersuperfan: lol rip
[5/25/17, 7:29:26 PM] LeviR.star: then realized how similar the composing style was
[5/25/17, 7:29:32 PM] LeviR.star: of that one game
[close]

#18 (7/12)
"Corneria" - Star Fox

Timestamp: 0:16

Other accepted games: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (OST Version)

I didn't think so many people would get this one beforehand, but with such an awesome remix in Brawl, I can't say I'm particularly surprised.
[close]

#19 (1/12)
"Challenge Stage" - Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Timestamp: 0:33

I've heard this track countless times trying to get platinum medals for all the ability challenges, enough to the point where I find myself humming this track even years after I've played the game. With the popularity of Kirby's Return to Dream Land in these melody quizzes so far, I was curious to see how many people would know this more obscure one. The answer? Not many. Congratulations to LeviR.star for being the only one to get this one correct.
[close]

#20 (2/12)
"7:00 PM" - Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Timestamp: 0:00

High-Quality Rip

It took a while for anyone to get this one right, which worried me quite a bit. Being arguably the most well-known outdoors theme in New Leaf and also having a remix in Smash, I thought a lot of people would get this. While the majority of people didn't, at least a few people got it in the end.
[close]

#21 (3/12)
"Boy Meets Girl (Twoson)" - EarthBound

Timestamp: 0:47

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (Beta Mix)
High-Quality Rip (Alternate Mix)

And at the same time, it took just as long for anyone to get this one correct. Though some people did get it, there were some people I expected to recognize it who didn't... I thought some of you liked EarthBound? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote from: Yug_GuyI know, right? Not to mention Twoson is one of the more popular songs from the game (outside of songs featured in Smash, of course)
[close]

#22 (2/12)
"Linebeck's Theme" - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Timestamp: 0:22

My replacement for Lake Hylia. I barely ever played Phantom Hourglass (only briefly as a young child before it got stolen), but this is the one theme I know from the soundtrack. I imagine this is one of the more obscure Zelda games, but I'm glad to see a couple people know this tune.

Quote from: DudemanI HEARD THE FIRST TWO NOTES AND THOUGHT IT WAS THIS AS A JOKE BUT THEN IT WAS
[close]

#23 (6/12)
"Gear Getaway" / "Rocket Barrel 1" - Donkey Kong Country Returns

Timestamp: 0:10

Other accepted games: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

High-Quality Rip (Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS)

I was not expecting so many people to know this one, but I do suppose the jazzy swing makes it rather distinguishable. I purposely picked the section in 4/4 instead of the more well-known intro in 5/4 to obscure it a little bit, but it didn't seem to fool any of you. It being in Smash probably also has something to do with it...
[close]

#24 (1/12)
"Find Mii" - StreetPass Mii Plaza

A nice little theme that always stuck in my head while playing the StreetPass minigames because of its time signature. Congratulations to LeviR.star for being the only one to get this correct. I also realized that it sounds very similar to the Mushroom Kingdom theme from Super Mario RPG, courtesy of Olimar. Unfortunately, other than both having a kingdom, the two games aren't related at all...

Quote from: DudemanSounds like a castle theme of some kind.

Quote from: Olimar12345Sounds like some sort of variation of the mushroom kingdom from mario RPG, probably from a game I haven't played.

Quote[5/25/17, 1:21:33 PM] Latios212: 24 does give me a super Mario rpg vibe
[5/25/17, 1:21:39 PM] Latios212: but heck I know almost nothing from that ost
[close]

#25 (0/12)
"Don't speak her name!" - Fire Emblem: Awakening

Timestamp: 3:27

High-Quality Rip

Well... darn. Yes, I really did pick an excerpt that far in, but, being the most famous and memorable track in the game alongside Id (Purpose), I was sure this one would get guessed quickly. Unfortunately, it didn't...

Quote from: LuxraySpiralThis one sounds so much like the RSE Surf Theme but I know it's not it grrrrrrrrrr
[close]

#26 (2/12)
"Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2001" - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Timestamp: 0:36

Other accepted games: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (Gyakuten Saiban)

(Note: the Justice for All remix, Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2002, does not contain the transcribed excerpt.)

Picking a theme from the Ace Attorney series may have been a little indulgent, but I made sure to choose one that was rather well-known so that some people could get it. Fortunately, the music libraries of my fellow NSM'ers did not let me down.

Quote from: InsigTurtleOk so Phoenix Wright music names have always given me trouble but this is the music that plays around what's-her-face the girl whose sister died last year oh right it's Maya Fey. Whatever it is, it probably has "Turnabout" in the name and a year. IDFK 2001293 that's probably the year. But I do remember this from the first game.
[close]

#27 (4/12)
"Obstacle Course" - Wii Fit Plus

Timestamp: 0:06

High-Quality Rip

I had no idea if people were going to get this one. Thankfully, a solid number of people knew this one, despite it only having a few thousand views on YouTube. I shouldn't be too surprised, though; after all, some people are bound to have played Wii Fit Plus with as many competitors as this. I was also hoping that the Wii Fit Plus Medley in Smash would tip some people off, and sure enough, one person got it correct from Smash alone.

Quote[5/25/17, 12:57:20 AM] Dudeman: And yes, I played Wii Fit Plus extensively.
[5/25/17, 12:57:39 AM] mastersuperfan: yee so did I
[5/25/17, 12:57:43 AM] Dudeman: yeeee
[5/25/17, 12:57:44 AM] mastersuperfan: and I am like totally not in shape
[5/25/17, 12:57:48 AM] Dudeman: SAME
Quote[5/25/17, 1:00:17 AM] Dudeman: Maybe everyone's just a closet Wii Fit fan.
[5/25/17, 1:00:23 AM] mastersuperfan: I think they are
[5/25/17, 1:00:29 AM] Dudeman: I will say it makes exercise actually fun.
[5/25/17, 1:00:49 AM] mastersuperfan: if by "exercise" you mean "put a bunch of books on the balance board so the candle doesn't go out and you can get 4 stars"
[5/25/17, 1:00:51 AM] mastersuperfan: then yes I agree
[5/25/17, 1:01:02 AM] Dudeman: AGH WHY DIDN'T I EVER THINK OF THAT
[5/25/17, 1:01:07 AM] Dudeman: I NEVER FOUR-STARRED THAT
[close]

#28 (6/12)
"The Yoshi Clan" - Yoshi's New Island

High-Quality Rip

Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry for this one. I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that so many people got it right...

Quote[5/23/17, 11:07:02 PM] Latios212: oh god
[5/23/17, 11:07:06 PM] Latios212: don't tell me 28 is the Yoshi clan
[5/23/17, 11:07:10 PM] mastersuperfan: ummmmmm
[5/23/17, 11:07:20 PM] mastersuperfan looks away
[5/23/17, 11:07:24 PM] Latios212: IS IT
[5/23/17, 11:07:33 PM] mastersuperfan: if I tell you it isn't will you be happy

Quote from: InsigTurtleoh god please make it stop yoshi didn't deserve this

Quote from: Maelstrom#28 is yoshi pain and if you don't call it that in the results I will be disappointed

Sorry, Mael.
[close]

#29 (6/12)
"Strike the Earth! (Plains of Passage)"

Timestamp: 0:33

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (Alpha Mix)

I actually made this quiz a long time ago (during my last round, actually), so I put this one in before people started using Shovel Knight tracks. I decided to keep this one in here anyways, since it's rather well-known even to people who haven't played the game.

Quote from: Dudemanprobably helps that I made this once upon a time
[close]

#30 (7/12)
"Guile's Theme" - Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Here, have some BAH:

Original Version
[close]

Other accepted games: any other Street Fighter game with this theme

High-Quality Rip
High-Quality Rip (CPS2 Version)

USA represent, boiz. Glad to see so many people familiar with this meme. If you got it right, you are worthy to be a true citizen of the States. If you didn't get it... WHY NOT?

And if you got it right and your name is WaluigiTime64, then you are living in the wrong country.

(Also, why the heck is this not in Smash 4?)

Quote from: InsigTurtleIf Guile's Theme goes with everything, does it go with every melody in this quiz?

Quote from: DudemanIt goes with everything, including melody quizzes.

Quote from: Latios212since when is 30 a meme? I just thought it was a popular song

Quote from: Olimar12345Sounds like something from street fighter

Darn, he was so close...
[close]

And the winner is...

Quote from: DudemanCan I win yet?

Yes! Yes, you can.

DUDEMAN,  with a score of  16/30!

Congratulations! A winner is you! (Again! Astounding!)

[close]

Statistics:

Scores per Participant
Dudeman [16]
Yug_Guy [10]
WaluigiTime64 [8]
Maelstrom [8]
InsigTurtle [7]
Olimar12345 [7]
LeviR.star [7]
Static [6]
Latios212 [5]
LuxraySpiral [4]
Dekkadeci [4]
ThatHiddenCharacter [4]

(People with the same score are ordered based on who reached that score first.)
[close]

Correct Answers per Participant
Dudeman: 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30

Yug_Guy: 1, 4, 10, 18, 21, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30

WaluigiTime64: 1, 4, 16, 17, 18, 23, 28, 30

InsigTurtle: 3, 10, 16, 18, 26, 28, 30

Olimar12345: 4, 5, 10, 18, 20, 21, 22

LeviR.star: 1, 4, 15, 17, 19, 24, 29

Maelstrom: 4, 5, 10, 11, 23, 28, 29, 30

Static: 1, 4, 16, 20, 21, 30

Latios212: 1, 3, 28, 29, 30

LuxraySpiral: 9, 18, 23, 27

Dekkadeci: 6, 18, 26, 29

ThatHiddenCharacter: 4, 12, 23, 27
[close]

Correct Guessers per Melody
#1: WaluigiTime64, Latios212, Yug_Guy, Static, LeviR.star
#2: ---
#3: InsigTurtle, Latios212
#4: WaluigiTime64, Dudeman, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy, Static, Olimar12345, LeviR.star, ThatHiddenCharacter
#5: Dudeman, Maelstrom, Olimar12345
#6: Dekkadeci
#7: Dudeman
#8: ---
#9: LuxraySpiral
#10: InsigTurtle, Dudeman, Yug_Guy, Olimar12345, Maelstrom
#11: Dudeman, Maelstrom
#12: Dudeman, ThatHiddenCharacter
#13: Dudeman
#14: Dudeman
#15: LeviR.star
#16: InsigTurtle, WaluigiTime64, Static
#17: WaluigiTime64, Dudeman, LeviR.star
#18: LuxraySpiral, InsigTurtle, WaluigiTime64, Dudeman, Yug_Guy, Olimar12345, Dekkadeci
#19: LeviR.star
#20: Static, Olimar12345
#21: Yug_Guy, Static, Olimar12345
#22: Dudeman, Olimar12345
#23: LuxraySpiral, WaluigiTime64, Dudeman, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy, ThatHiddenCharacter
#24: LeviR.star
#25: ---
#26: InsigTurtle, Dekkadeci
#27: LuxraySpiral, Dudeman, Yug_Guy, ThatHiddenCharacter
#28: Latios212, InsigTurtle, WaluigiTime64, Dudeman, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy
#29: Latios212, Dudeman, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy, Dekkadeci, LeviR.star
#30: Latios212, InsigTurtle, WaluigiTime64, Dudeman, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy, Static

(For each melody, participants are ordered from earliest to latest.)
[close]

List of Scoreboards

Scoreboard #1
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30
[close]

Scoreboard #2
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

[close]

Scoreboard #3
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

[close]

Scoreboard #4
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

[close]

Final Scoreboard
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

[close]
[close]

Perhaps you did your best and are satisfied with your score. Perhaps you wish you knew some of these soundtracks a little better. Perhaps there are two, or three, or ten, that you missed but really feel that you should have gotten. Perhaps you could have been the victor if you had tried hard enough...

But however you feel, I hope you all had fun participating in Round 3 of MSF's melody quiz! See you all next time, folks!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I probably would have gotten #6 if a different part of the melody was used. At first, it sounded like it, but then it sounded... off.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

wait what i got 3rd what is this

also i'll have you know that i can live wherever i want to

also i'll agree that the mii plaza one sounds like the mushroom kingdom theme from super mario rpg. i heard it as that when i first listened to it
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Oh, Melody Quiz! I cannot wait to play Melody Quiz. Do you know what my favorite thing to do is in Melody Quiz? I love winning games with Melody Quiz. Winning games with Melody Quiz is the best thing and the most amount of fun you can have while viewing a forum. I understand why all the kids are playing this game these days -- it's because they like to win big games with Melody Quiz. I also like to win big games with Melody Quiz. It's the most fun you can possibly have.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LuxraySpiral

Currently, two of our participants are tying for first place!

The only melodies that haven't been guessed correctly so far are #11, #12 and #13.

The moon is made of cheese.

One of these three sentences is a lie
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 27, 2017, 11:51:18 AMLedger lines on m.48 are a bit hard to read, just lettin' you know (unless you did that on purpose!)
Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 27, 2017, 03:05:22 PMYeah, in equivalent sections, I change clefs and put in 8vb signs/lines.

Yeah, sorry about that.
The notes are C, E, G, Eb, G, Bb, G, Bb, G, Bb etc. (10th intervals apart from the G => Eb)

E. Gadd Industries

You know what's ironic?
Really ironic?

I'm pretty sure some people here follow this channel, as it's been mentioned in previous discussions.
[close]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

#24 (1/12)
"Find Mii" - StreetPass Mii Plaza

A nice little theme that always stuck in my head while playing the StreetPass minigames because of its time signature. Congratulations to LeviR.star for being the only one to get this correct. I also realized that it sounds very similar to the Mushroom Kingdom theme from Super Mario RPG, courtesy of Olimar. Unfortunately, other than both having a kingdom, the two games aren't related at all...
[close]
AAAAHH ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This was the one song that was bugging me! I thought it was from one of the DS Zelda games.

Otherwise, 2nd place isn't too shabby.

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on May 27, 2017, 06:56:25 PMCurrently, two of our participants are tying for first place!
is one of them me

Latios212

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on May 27, 2017, 06:56:25 PMThe only melodies that haven't been guessed correctly so far are #11, #12 and #13.
I gotchu for 11 and 12, I just forgot to send in my PM before
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LuxraySpiral

Btw, all franchises appear only once, with the exception of Mario and Pokemon, each appearing twice.

I'll be uploading the answers in about 24 hours from now, so be sure to get your answers in by then!

Maelstrom

So I don't forget tomorrow, have a quiz:
The Delicious Quiz
3rd Course
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF]

WaluigiTime64

1/20. Oh.

Quote from: Delicious QuizThese are easy, so you better get them.
Uh... why can I only get one, with not a single other one being remotely familiar? Maybe it's just me, the guy who rarely plays certain kinds of games. I'm not about to blame the host entirely for that.

InsigTurtle

The B natural in the first melody is bothering me :/

LuxraySpiral

Great, my list of who guessed what has disappeared. This will take a little longer than expected. Sorry.