The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PM
Lovely Yellow Va-Va-Vrooms - Kirby Planet Robobot
Timestamp: 0:05
[close]
You sure you got the right song there, buddy?

...hey, wait a second...

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PMhigh-quality only no regrets
YOU KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE DOING YOU SONNOVA-

But yeah, you went a bit too obscure this time. Oh well, you know better for next time, right?

Latios212

I WON FIRST THE FIRST TIME WITHOUT TYING ALKSJPAJWPDJLAWKHDLAWD

now let me crawl in a hole and die because I currently have 5/30 on the new one

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PMHoly Land (Area Zero Camp) - Mega Man Zero 4
Napalm Man Stage - Mega Man 5
I think this originally was another Mega Man piece
Hometown - Mega Man Battle Network 4
OKAY YES I KNOW THERE'S TOO MUCH MEGA MAN
This was originally (surprise, surprise) another Mega Man piece
i'm actually not sure what I was expecting from your first quiz lol
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:26:21 PM30 IS PERFECT YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED >:(
Your standards of perfection are a fair way down the lavatory for thinking that.

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PMThank you very much to my five entrants for your participation. It's answer time!
Holy Land (Area Zero Camp) - Mega Man Zero 4
Timestamp: 0:23

This one's very self-indulgent. Sorry. I did mention recently in that "Favorite Soundtrack by Console" topic how amazing Zero 4's soundtrack is, but I can't blame the public for not listening to the soundtrack.

0/5 people guessed this correctly.
[close]
Hometown - Mega Man Battle Network 4
Timestamp: 0:00

OKAY YES I KNOW THERE'S TOO MUCH MEGA MAN BUT DON'T CRUCIFY ME YET I PICKED THIS ONE ON PURPOSE. All six Battle Network games use the same theme for the protagonist's home town, just with slight variations in key and rhythm, so I figured if you've ever played one, you might be able to remember that and eventually pick the right version. I chose 4 since it's my personal favorite. Nobody guessed any of them because I really shouldn't overestimate the musical libraries of my fellow players.

0/5 people guessed this correctly.
[close]
You've got to be joking. These feel so specifically aimed at certain people.

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PMThanks for playing, everyone, and sorry for the difficulty! I definitely have some guidelines now to use for future quizzes.
It should've been pretty obvious lol. Can't wait for your next one though!

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PMOkay yes I did this partly because Napalm Man is my favorite Robot Master don't judge me.
Why would anyone judge you for liking such a perfect robot master? Also that song is fairly well known even to lesser Mega Man fans, so no one's judging you on that either.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Since mostly everyone has guesses in by now, this update will probably be the last (unless a multitude of people manage to get more answers).

Scoreboard update #4:

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 23, 2017, 09:24:42 PMMSF ROUND 3

Correctly Guessed Tracks
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5+ people

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30

[close]

Also, have a hint: among the final three that remain unguessed (2, 8, and 25), one them is from the sole game not on a Nintendo system.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 23, 2017, 09:24:42 PM
  • There is one, and only one, melody from a game that is not on a Nintendo system. All others have been playable on a Nintendo system.

I want to say one last thing: these are not the last few melodies I was expecting this to come down to.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

D: GOSH DANGET I keep missing Good quizzes aughhhh
Also, my phone does this weird Auto-caps thing now, And it is really annoying
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 25, 2017, 08:40:31 PMD: GOSH DANGET I keep missing Good quizzes aughhhh
...were you referring to mine, or...? 'Cause there's still time to enter in this one.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Yours. I won't be able to given the busyness of tomorrow
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I only got 7 on msf's, and I'm missing a Kirby one!! AUGH

If it's from Air Ride or Mass Attack I swear
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Results will likely be posted around 8:00 PM EST Saturday (20 hours from the time of this post). Many of you (in fact, almost everybody) said that a lot of the melodies still sounded familiar to you and that you'd take another listen. Be sure to get any updates to your answers in by then! None of the remaining three (2, 8, and 25) have been guessed yet, but for each of those there were some people I had in mind while creating this quiz that I thought would be able to get them. If you think you may know them (or anything else on the quiz), don't give up yet!

LuxraySpiral

Because I live on the other side of the planet for most of you, I'd have to post my quiz a bit early or a bit late. And it's better to be early than late, right? So here we go then:

5.27.17 Quiz

A few things:
  • There are 15 melodies. The first 5 are 'easy', the next 5 are 'medium' and the last 5 are 'hard', though they are generally quite easy.
  • The file corrupted an hour or so ago but I think it's fixed now. Please let me know if it does corrupt again
  • I'm gonna be quite generous when it comes to marking, to prevent unnecessary salt.

Enjoy!

Edit: fixed a few typos
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

InsigTurtle

Ledger lines on m.48 are a bit hard to read, just lettin' you know (unless you did that on purpose!)

Dekkadeci

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 27, 2017, 11:51:18 AMLedger lines on m.48 are a bit hard to read, just lettin' you know (unless you did that on purpose!)
Yeah, in equivalent sections, I change clefs and put in 8vb signs/lines.