News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

PetrifiedLasagna

#5 is killing me. I know I've heard it before, but I can't remember from what.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Wow, this is the first time I've had the chance to guess in a LONG time.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

I'm getting such mixed results, but I don't know if that means I did it right or not.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 22, 2017, 02:04:41 PMAlso I have no idea when results/answers should be posted.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

You can go ahead and post them today. It's Monday.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Answers will be going up in about 8 minutes (forum time).
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Damn I was 3 seconds late.

Alright, so answers time now. Or something.

The Answers

Melody #1
Yoshi Star Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2

The second galaxy theme of the game. I was trying to be really easy with this one, and it showed. 4 people got this one.
[close]
Melody #2
Beloved Tomboyish Girl/Beloved Tomboyish Daughter/Tomboyish Girl in Love/Adventure of a Lovestruck Tomboy - Multiple Touhou Games (EoSD, PoFV, UNL)

This stage 2 boss theme has appeared quite a bit in the series, but the actual reason I chose it of all Touhou songs was because it would be much easier than other ones (it's a meme lol). 2 people got this one.
[close]
Melody #3
Glitter Gulch Mine - Banjo Tooie

The second level in the game. Somehow literally no one got this.
[close]
Melody #4
Dr Wily Stage 2 - Mega Man 2

Lol I don't like this song, but if I put in Dr Wily Stage 1, everyone would've gotten it. Unlike what Dudeman predicted 2 people got this.
[close]
Melody #5
Chemical Plant Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The second zone in the game, and a more iconic song. Personally I actually know very little about early Sonic titles, but I knew this. 2 people got this.
[close]

And the winner is:
Dudeman. With a score of 3/5. Congratulations. Or something.
[close]

To be honest, I was really surprised by just how spread out the answers were. You had some people guessing #1 and #5, without knowing a few others, and other people only being able to guess #2 (this happened twice). I still find it strange that no one got #3.

This quiz was thematic, and the theme was "2".

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 24, 2017, 02:01:03 PM
Melody #2
Beloved Tomboyish Girl/Beloved Tomboyish Daughter/Tomboyish Girl in Love/Adventure of a Lovestruck Tomboy - Multiple Touhou Games (EoSD, PoFV, UNL)

This stage 2 boss theme has appeared quite a bit in the series, but the actual reason I chose it of all Touhou songs was because it would be much easier than other ones (it's a meme lol). 2 people got this one.
[close]
agh fuck I knew I knew this one and I'm not even a 2hu fan
Melody #4
Dr Wily Stage 2 - Mega Man 2

Lol I don't like this song, but if I put in Dr Wily Stage 1, everyone would've gotten it. Unlike what Dudeman predicted 2 people got this.
[close]
I am legitimately impressed and would love to know who the other one was. Levi?
QuoteThis quiz was thematic, and the theme was "2".
nice >:]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on April 24, 2017, 02:04:56 PMagh fuck I knew I knew this one and I'm not even a 2hu fan
I figured you'd get it from SiIvaGunner.

Maelstrom

Dang it, I knew I recognized a few of those. Oh well, I couldn't have guessed any except for #2

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 24, 2017, 02:10:28 PMDang it, I knew I recognized a few of those. Oh well, I couldn't have guessed any except for #2
That's like, the same story as two other people lol.

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 24, 2017, 02:09:36 PMI figured you'd get it from SiIvaGunner.
If it had been Death Waltz U.N. Owen or Bad Apple, it would've been a different story. Oh well, I can relish my victory anyways :)

WaluigiTime64

Those were borderline too obvious and didn't quite fit the theme. Then again, I could've picked really difficult sections from either of those (like the chorus of Bad Apple!!, which not many people know).