News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 19, 2017, 01:33:24 PMI recognize #2, #3, and #5. #4 is vaguely familiar, and I have no idea for #1.
Awesome, I have a chance of tying MSF. ...again.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 19, 2017, 01:33:24 PMI recognize #2, #3, and #5. #4 is vaguely familiar, and I have no idea for #1.
hey I recognize those same ones let's tie

Idk the other two and the moment. 1 sounds familiar only because it reminded me of this:

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Latios212 on April 19, 2017, 02:39:28 PMhey I recognize those same ones let's tie
Me too! Well, I still need to remember 2 and 3, but I know them.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Gosh, if I can figure out 2 then I might have y'all beat. *concentrates harder*
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

SlowPokemon

What's funny is that the only person to correctly guess number 4 so far called it the wrong title, but I'm still accepting it because it's obvious what they meant
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 19, 2017, 03:33:07 PMWhat's funny is that the only person to correctly guess number 4 so far called it the wrong title, but I'm still accepting it because it's obvious what they meant
pretty sure this was me tbh

Dekkadeci

Dang, I recognize none of them yet again. (Maybe it's because I'm old enough to consider Mario Kart 64 to be a game of my childhood...)

mikey

I consider excitebike and adventure of Lolo II to be games from my childhood, beat that
unmotivated

Dudeman

mastersuperfan

Frik

Oh how the tables have turned

Slow did I get the title for #3 right :^)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Have your answers in by noon tomorrow--the correct answers will be available tomorrow afternoon.

SlowPokemon

Aaaand the answers!
Spoiler
1. Mario Party Advance -- "Title Screen"
No one guessed this correctly. It's either too obscure or I'm just too old for you guys.

2. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon -- "A Sticky Situation"
Imagine my irritation when, after I've already created this quiz, this song is being arranged and submitted on the forums. I figured it would be in everyone's heads after that, but not everyone got it right away. Meh.

3. Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 -- "Battle! (Colress)"
I was sure this would be a tough and quirky one for people to guess too, but imagine how great I felt when this track was used in another person's quiz. Sigh. I'm never doing one of these quizzes that far in advance anymore (though to be fair it was before the schedule was created).

4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask -- "Majora's Theme"
Again, I thought this would be super easy, but a certain Member who Shall be Furious did not get it. He listed "Despair Syndrome" from Danganronpa, which does carry the same first three pitches, but bears no resemblance outside of that. Dudeman originally submitted this as "Skull Kid's Theme" which I would have accepted but isn't quite correct--even though it plays when Skull Kid shows up, it's actually the theme for Majora and the mask, as evidenced by its appearance in the three battle tracks for the final boss and a few other tracks. Dudeman later corrected his mistake.

5. Yoshi's Woolly World -- "Yarn Yoshi Takes Shape!" (as it's called in game) or "Main Theme" (as it's called in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and a Nintendo DS home menu theme)
Again, I thought this would be fairly easy, and most people did get it.

The winner is Dudeman, with four out of five, and the loser is Maelstrom, with one out of five. Congratulations to you both!
[close]