News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

ONE HUNDREDTH PAGE

also git gud Noc, this is what ya get for not liking Undertale
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 02, 2017, 04:50:27 PMBlowout Blast... "Seekrit Path"... hehe.
Kirby Blowout Blast's "Secret Path" is a G minor remix of the ending theme of Kirby's Dream Land. It doesn't remix it as much as even the Masked Dedede theme remixes King Dedede's theme, IMO, and those are half-separate pieces in my mind.

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 02, 2017, 04:39:40 PM...At this point, I am also obligated to ask: how many do you know on Static's?
7 GRAND DAD and I'm not likely to get any more

EDIT: Rephrase, there are 3 more that sound familiar but are probably just a product of common melodic lines.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 02, 2017, 04:57:57 PMKirby Blowout Blast's "Secret Path" is a G minor remix of the ending theme of Kirby's Dream Land. It doesn't remix it as much as even the Masked Dedede theme remixes King Dedede's theme, IMO, and those are half-separate pieces in my mind.

BUT

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 29, 2017, 08:17:28 PM
#20 (0/10)
"Secret Path" - [3DS] Kirby's Blowout Blast (Kirby #4)

Timestamp: 0:28 - 0:39

The Blowout Blast soundtrack mostly consists of remixes from Kirby's Dream Land tunes. In fact, this one's no exception; it's actually a remix of the KDL Ending theme. It's pretty hard to figure that out with only the part I transcribed, though.

I expected two people to recognize this one, actually. In the end, nobody got it. Looks like this path is just too much of a seekrit.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 01, 2017, 11:30:15 AMKirby's Blowout Blast is getting released on July 4, 2017 in Japan and July 6, 2017 elsewhere! Time to raid the plot and music then...

You didn't raid it quite enough, I see...

QuoteLeviR.star: why don't you ever pick anything from the spinoffs?
mastersuperfan: why do you say that I didn't?

Guessed by: ---
[close]

Also, some of the comments people have made during my last round...

Quote from: Latios212I've by now accepted that I won't beat you or Dudeman except under exceptional circumstances
so I just gotta beat everyone else
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

...make me wonder if I could possibly retroactively construct a non-MSF, non-Dudeman leaderboard for most the rounds so far (though probably not all, since scores weren't nearly as detailed when this first started out). Hmm...

Quote from: Dudeman on August 02, 2017, 04:58:27 PM7 GRAND DAD and I'm not likely to get any more

Oh it looks like we're headed for another tie then
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 02, 2017, 05:04:37 PMBUT

You didn't raid it quite enough, I see...

Guessed by: ---
Which is precisely why pretty much the only things I remembered from the Kirby Blowout Blast soundtrack are that close to all the music is remixed from Kirby's Dream Land, its version of the Masked Dedede theme blends it with a Team Kirby Clash Deluxe-like remix of the Dyna Blade/Castle Lololo theme, and that a remix of the Halberd On Deck theme can be played.

Trasdegi

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 02, 2017, 04:16:29 PM
"Jib Jig", from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, used as a stage theme
Timestamp: 0:08
[close]
In fact, I never played any DK game (blame me if you want) and the only reason I knew this was because I heared it once and it remembered me of a french song about connemara's lakes

InsigTurtle

It's Saturday somewhere! So, let's have our first <10 melody quiz in a while!
For this one, hints are absolutely verboten. Please understand.

Quiz! ->
Scoreboard! ->

mastersuperfan

AGH

NO

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

I CAN'T TAKE THIS

EDIT: I'm not referring to the length by the way

InsigTurtle

Oh, I bet you can take the length.

Aaaaanyway, while generating random player numbers, I got this.

I suppose it is fate

Static

I am here to remind you guys that I'll be posting the answers tonight at around 8:00 PM EST, so if you haven't submitted your answers to me or have any last-minute guesses, then get those in soon.

Static

I'm several hours late lol, but here are the answers:

Answers
Melody I

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "Main Theme"
Timestamp: 0:08 - 0:24
# of Correct Responses: 6/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, NoctourneOfShadow, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy, Latios212)
Notes: I was hoping this would be a pretty commonly-guessed one, and I'm glad I was right. Such a classic song (and fun to play as well).
[close]
Melody II

[SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - "Triforce Chamber"
Timestamp: 0:05 - 0:20
# of Correct Responses: 2/8 (Dudeman, NoctourneOfShadow)
Notes: I was hoping this would be a lot more guessed since it's pretty famous, but I guess not. It's a shame too, this is such a good song.
[close]
Melody III

[NES] Metroid - "Kraid's Lair"
Timestamp: 0:00 - 0:13
# of Correct Responses: 5/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy, WaluigiTime64)
Notes: Another excellent classic Nintendo song. Most people got it, as I expected.
[close]
Melody IV

[GBC] Pokemon Gold Version & Pokemon Silver Version - "Route 29"
Timestamp: 0:07 - 0:15
# of Correct Responses: 5/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, Yug_Guy, WaluigiTime64, Latios212)
Notes: I know next to nothing about Pokémon music lol, but this seemed like a classic tune that most of you guys would recognize, and sure enough I was right.
[close]
Melody V

[GB] Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - "Treetop"
Timestamp: 0:03 - 0:15
# of Correct Responses: 7/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, Dekkadeci, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy, WaluigiTime64, Latios212)
Notes: Probably my favorite song from SML2. Almost all of you got it, so that's cool. Then again, it's a pretty easy one lol.
[close]
Melody VI

[SNES] F-Zero - "Port Town"
Timestamp: 0:30 - 0:40
# of Correct Responses: 1/8 (mastersuperfan)
Notes: I was hoping at least a few of you would get this one, but then again it isn't exactly the most well-known F-Zero song. My apologies, congratulations to mastersuperfan for getting this one. I can't read apparently lol
[close]
Melody VII

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Pop Star"
Timestamp: 0:57 - 1:08
# of Correct Responses: 3/8 (mastersuperfan, Dekkadeci, ThatHiddenCharacter)
Notes: I chose a fairly less well-known part of a famous song, so that probably explains the relatively low amount of correct guesses for this one.
[close]
Melody VIII

[SNES] Final Fantasy VI - "Battle to the Death"
Timestamp: 0:27 - 0:39
# of Correct Responses: 1/8 (mastersuperfan)
Notes: An incredibly awesome battle theme. Too bad more people didn't get this one, but oh well.
[close]
Melody IX

[MUL] Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - "Boss Battle"
Timestamp: 0:30 - 0:37
# of Correct Guesses: 0/8
Notes: I don't see the Shantae series talked about too much on these forums, at least not that I've noticed. These games are pretty neat.
[close]
Melody X

[PS1] Crash Bandicoot - "Main Theme"
Timestamp: 0:03 - 0:14
# of Correct Responses: 2/8 (Dudeman, Yug_Guy)
Notes: 99% of why I put this on the quiz.
[close]
Melody XI

[SNES] Secret of Mana - "Meridian Dance"
Timestamp: 0:55 - 1:06
# of Correct Responses: 0/8
Notes: Another spectacular song. It's a shame more people didn't get this since I chose the catchiest part (imo at least).
[close]
Melody XII

[PC] Touhou Eiyashou: Imperishable Night - "Deaf to All but the Song"
Timestamp: 0:25 - 0:36
# of Correct Responses: 1/8 (WaluigiTime64)
Notes: It's a Touhou song, and it sounds pretty cool, not much else to say for this one lol
[close]
Melody XIII

[MUL] NieR: Automata - "Amusement Park"
Timestamp: 0:07 - 0:23
Notes: A pretty nice song from NieR: Automata. I didn't expect too many guesses for this, and there weren't any.
[close]
Melody XIV

[GBA] Mother 3 - "Dangerous Guys"
# of Correct Responses: 1/8 (Dudeman)
Notes: A really jazzy theme with a catchy bassline.
[close]
Melody XV

[Wii] The Last Story - "Toberu mono"
Timestamp: 1:11 - 1:40
Notes: This game isn't talked about much around here either, unfortunately. Pretty fun RPG with some fantastic music.
[close]
Melody XVI

[PC] LoliLoli: Race to the Moonlight Party - "Toast for Breakfast"
Timestamp: 0:00 - 0:12
Notes: A really obscure bullet hell game I found awhile ago. Now that I think about it, I don't really know why I put this on here lol, I figured no one would get it anyway.
[close]
Melody XVII

[PC] Mogeko Castle - "Tomorrow as Myself"
Timestamp: 0:18 - 0:36
Notes: Mogege.
[close]
Melody XVIII

[PC] Touhou Kishinjou - "Mermaid from the Uncharted Land"
Timestamp: 0:25 - 0:37
# of Correct Responses: 1/8 (WaluigiTime64)
Notes: A pretty obscure/generic Touhou song, but Waluigi got it anyway, so congratulations.
[close]
Melody XIX

[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 - "Nuclear Fusion"
Notes: The JP-only sequel to Secret of Mana that's really awesome. It's music is just as awesome, if not better, than Secret of Mana's.
[close]
Melody XX

[DS] Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - "Endless Battle"
Timestamp: 0:04 - 0:19
Notes: A neat song from a JP-only remake of Fire Emblem 3 (on SNES, also JP-only) for DS.
[close]
[close]

Congratulations to the winner...
Spoiler
...a tie between Dudeman and mastersuperfan, with 7/20 correct responses!
[close]

Statistics
Other Scores
Yug_Guy: 5/20
WaluigiTime64: 5/20
ThatHiddenCharacter: 4/20 (dank)
Latios212: 3/20
NoctourneOfShadow: 2/20
Dekkadeci: 2/20
[close]
# of Correct Responses per Melody
I: 6/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, NoctourneOfShadow, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy, Latios212)
II: 2/8 (Dudeman, NoctourneOfShadow)
III: 5/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy, WaluigiTime64)
IV: 5/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, Yug_Guy, WaluigiTime64, Latios212)
V: 7/8 (Dudeman, mastersuperfan, Dekkadeci, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy, WaluigiTime64, Latios212)
VI: 1/8 (mastersuperfan)
VII: 3/8 (mastersuperfan, Dekkadeci, ThatHiddenCharacter)
VIII: 1/8 (mastersuperfan)
IX: 0/8
X: 2/8 (Dudeman, Yug_Guy)
XI: 0/8
XII: 1/8 (WaluigiTime64)
XIII: 0/8
XIV: 1/8 (Dudeman)
XV: 0/8
XVI: 0/8
XVII: 0/8
XVIII: 1/8 (WaluigiTime64)
XIX: 0/8
X: 0/8
[close]
Correct Responses per Contestant
Dudeman: I, II, III, IV, V, X, XVI
mastersuperfan: I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII
Yug_Guy: I, III, IV, V, X
WaluigiTime64: III, IV, V, XII, XVIII
ThatHiddenCharacter: I, III, V, VII
Latios212: I, IV, V
NoctourneOfShadow: I, II
Dekkadeci: V, VII
[close]
Other Data
# of Contestants: 8
# of Melodies Correctly Guessed: 11/20
Average Score: 4.375/20
Most-Guessed Melody: V
[close]
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Static on August 05, 2017, 07:59:35 PM
Melody II

[SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - "Triforce Chamber"
Timestamp: 0:05 - 0:20
# of Correct Responses: 2/8 (Dudeman, NoctourneOfShadow)
Notes: I was hoping this would be a lot more guessed since it's pretty famous, but I guess not. It's a shame too, this is such a good song.
[close]

Damn I should really play this game but for whatever reason I've played Awakening and LBW first, am playing Minish Cap right now, and plan to play the Oracle games right after soooo maybe I should move this one up on my list

Hopefully by the time your next round rolls around I'll have played this game so, uh, go and use some obscure ones will ya

Melody X

[PS1] Crash Bandicoot - "Main Theme"
Timestamp: 0:03 - 0:14
# of Correct Responses: 2/8 (Dudeman, Yug_Guy)
Notes: 99% of why I put this on the quiz.
[close]

Dammit I listened to Bulby's 8-bit remix of this

Melody XI

[SNES] Secret of Mana - "Meridian Dance"
Timestamp: 0:55 - 1:06
Notes: Another spectacular song. It's a shame more people didn't get this since I chose the catchiest part (imo at least).
[close]

I've owned this game for, what, eight years? I should probably play it...

I'm still ahead of you on the leaderboards so I'll take the tie, Dudeman :D

EDIT:

Quote from: Static on August 05, 2017, 07:59:35 PMThatHiddenCharacter: 4/20 (dank)

u wot

Maelstrom

AAHHHHH I could have won this one. I even know endless battle and the NieR Automata song.

Oh, and put me back in the rotation somewhere. Work let up.

mikey

put me in for late September and mid august I have two good ideas for themes
unmotivated