News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Beginner Recommendations

Started by swimswamit, March 15, 2017, 05:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimswamit

Are there any songs that you would recommend a beginner (4 months, no lessons) play on here? I've played a lot of Koji Kondo so far and Bespinben gave me a few mystery dungeons songs from the reddit, but any others? I'm a pretty big Pokemon music fan.

So far the best piano song I've been able to play was this:
The left hand had that repeating pattern, so it was pretty easy.
Thank you!

daj

Generally stay away from the Pokemon stuff haha, they're awesome but either too intricate or too tough. ^^;

I'd suggest "N's Farewell" and "AZ's Theme" though! ^^ Beautiful low-commitment works, slow and kinda easy :)

For an easy series, um...not really. ^^; You might wanna ask around and hang around a bit, some people will come to you for sure :)

All the best mate, glad you picked VGM over everything else ;)

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: daj on March 15, 2017, 05:41:30 AMI'd suggest "N's Farewell"
I pretty much started piano by playing this piece so it gets my seal of approval (even though I never got to the end...)

I also recommend Surf from Gold/Silver if you want pokeymans or The Legend of Ninetales: Pokeflute of Time 'Title Theme' by Bespinben if you want something a little different and awesome (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCJybyTNdLo)
innit

swimswamit

Ok, looks like N's farewell will be next for me, and I love mystery dungeon so I think i'll try out ninetales too.
Had been using synthesia for a long time and it just wasn't helping out much, so I decided to start up sheet music here.
Thank you :)

Latios212

Hmmm... Gold/Silver's Surf theme is kinda tricky xD

Going with the trend of easy but really quite nice sounding Pokémon piano pieces you might want to try...
- Pokémon League (Day)
- An Unwavering Heart
- The Lament of Falling Stars
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

It's not Pokémon, but when I was gettin' me startin' piano-in', one of the first VGM pieces I worked on was Kraid from Metroid. It was just challenging enough and catchy to keep me from getting bored, while still being simple enough to not become overwhelmed.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Iirc actually "Together with Shauna" from Pokemon X/Y is very easy and also short. I remember learning it wickedly fast and now when I play it I always improvise for the rest and make a whole song each time.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

swimswamit

Just an update: N's Farewell looked pretty daunting so I picked up Pokemon League (Day) and it's going along perfect. It's right at my skill level, and I've almost got it down. Thank you guys! If you ever think of anything else, please tell me. :) it's helped out a lot.