[3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - "A Moment of Calm" by SombreroGuy123

Started by Zeta, March 12, 2017, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Professor Layton
Game: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: A Moment of Calm
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: SombreroGuy123

[attachment deleted by admin]

AmpharosAndy

Very nice! The only real thing that I noticed:

- All of the bass notes should be doubled an octave lower.
innit

SombreroGuy123

DSwipe

InsigTurtle

Just a couple of small things!
- missing slash in the URL
- m.4 B naturals should be C flats
- m.16 missing a few quieter string notes

I'm fine with omitting the notes doubled in unison between the melody and the accompaniment, but you could also try showing them and using parentheses. It's your call.

SombreroGuy123

Done.

- Such an amount of parentheses might seem quite odd in this simple sheet. I think it's better without them.

mastersuperfan

I'm not sure I agree with the placement of the first key signature change. I think it'd be better to notate at the end of system 3 and use accidentals in the two measures leading up to it instead.

Also, the PDF is showing the double barlines but for some reason the MUS is not.

(The measure distribution is also difficult to work with, but I'm trying to see if there's a way to get m32 at the end of a system...) I think that you should set the last three systems all to have four measures (it's kinda odd to see one system have 5, the next have 4, and the last have 3).

EDIT: One more thing: the composer and arranger names are a little too much to the left; try re-aligning them to the right (click on it > Text > Alignment > Right).

One last thing: the tempo should be 88 BPM, not 86.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Yes, thanks, MSF! I was typing up a post, but looks like you covered everything I was gonna say. :P

Just two things MSF didn't cover:
- Place a courtesy accidental on the Db in M. 11 (LH) and Cb in M. 13 (LH).
- Flip the tie in M. 15/16.

SombreroGuy123

- I improved the layout as much as possible.

- The names were already right-aligned but still a few pixels too far to the left. Strange.

And... I should check the MUS next time - I never saw this barline bug before...  ???

Latios212

Still was a problem with the double barlines, but we went ahead and fixed that for you, along with a tiny text alignment thing. Files are updated.

Nice work!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta