Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy VII
Console: PlayStation
Title: Reunion
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: D3ath3657

[attachment deleted by admin]

WaluigiTime64

Respond to this post to notify us that you are willing to accept/retaliate against criticism and are willing to adjust your sheet accordingly.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Hi, welcome to NSM!

That's a pretty nice-looking sheet you got there. A couple of quick things to note:
- It would be nice if you could post a YouTube link so we have something to check the sheet against.
- Under your profile you can edit your arranger name so it matches what you have on the sheet.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: D3ath3657 on February 27, 2017, 09:39:46 PM...
This may not be necessary, but I'm sorry if I came off as rude. We get a lot of people who don't actually respond.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Khunjund

Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2017, 09:50:21 PMHi, welcome to NSM!

That's a pretty nice-looking sheet you got there. A couple of quick things to note:
- It would be nice if you could post a YouTube link so we have something to check the sheet against.
- Under your profile you can edit your arranger name so it matches what you have on the sheet.

Thanks for the tip. Here's the OST version for those who're interested.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 27, 2017, 10:47:26 PMThis may not be necessary, but I'm sorry if I came off as rude. We get a lot of people who don't actually respond.

In all honesty, I didn't know what you were expecting of me when you asked me to reply for confirmation, so I kind of panicked. No harm done.

AmpharosAndy

I've had a good ol' look over all of it and I should start by saying very well done! It is incredibly accurate and I can see you've taken good care in each moment. I only have a couple of things to critique and then it looks like you're good to go.

- like latios said, you can edit your arranger name to match your profile (unless you really want your real name, I guess)

- put quotation marks around the title as per the formatting guidelines

- listening to the original, it seems that the first note in the right hand (and all of its iterations) are actually dotted crotchets (dotted quarter notes??? correct me, Americans). If you are intending to use pedal to combat that and a couple of other moments (eg. bar 7's held note at the same time as lower octave g flats) then I would recommend putting a 'con pedale' at the start to show that. If not then just go back through and correct it, methinks.
innit

Maelstrom

Not to mention the large amount of white space that you can fix by moving a few measures closer together. It would look a lot less empty.

Khunjund

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 14, 2017, 09:51:08 AMI've had a good ol' look over all of it and I should start by saying very well done! It is incredibly accurate and I can see you've taken good care in each moment. I only have a couple of things to critique and then it looks like you're good to go.

- like latios said, you can edit your arranger name to match your profile (unless you really want your real name, I guess)

- put quotation marks around the title as per the formatting guidelines

- listening to the original, it seems that the first note in the right hand (and all of its iterations) are actually dotted crotchets (dotted quarter notes??? correct me, Americans). If you are intending to use pedal to combat that and a couple of other moments (eg. bar 7's held note at the same time as lower octave g flats) then I would recommend putting a 'con pedale' at the start to show that. If not then just go back through and correct it, methinks.

I must have missed the point about quotation marks in the formatting guidelines, but even so, I have to disagree. On top of being unnecessary (and unaesthetical, in my opinion), I've yet to come across a professional edition of a piece that had quotation marks around the title. This is sheet music; I'm not citing the piece in an essay or something.

Indeed, the first note of the right-hand accompaniment motif is a dotted quarter note. However, indicating it seems unnecessary to me, as it doesn't really need to stand out from the rest of the motif (at least, not any more than being articulated seperately and on the beat would cause it to already), which is what writing or doubling it with a second voice would indicate. Additionally, this might cause slight legibility issues from measure 5 onwards.

Concerning the use of the pedal, I must admit I wasn't sure which approach to use. I think it's generally presumed the interpret will use the pedal when and how he or she sees fit (which is what con pedale indicates anyway)—unless the composer really wanted a specific pedaling, and I don't think this was the case for Uematsu—, although I certainly did assume use of the pedal would be obvious in measures 7, etc. (Is it necessary to indicate that the pedal should be used, for instance, in Debussy's "La Cathédrale engloutie"?) Moreover, I personally find specific pedal markings on the sheet are imprecise for more complex pedaling, and unneeded in case of simpler pedaling.

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 14, 2017, 05:34:26 PMNot to mention the large amount of white space that you can fix by moving a few measures closer together. It would look a lot less empty.

I tried fitting the entire piece on just two pages, but the result was illegible. Since I was obligated to use three pages, I chose to space out the systems and the staves to make the sheet as clear as possible and avoid having the last page half-empty, which I particularly dislike. I actually don't like sheets that are too spaced out myself, but I found I'd rather take up a bit more room and avoid having accidentals or stems clipping, etc. Of two evils, choose the least, or whatnot.

Olimar12345

Greetings, welcome to the site~

Regarding the formatting: years ago, the owner of this site created a set of guidelines to help with uniformity. Prior to it, arrangements could look completely different from one arranger to another, and it made the site look like a mess. Please excuse the above and following nit-picky-ness in regards to the formatting; we're just trying to uphold our site's uniformity:

-The title needs to have quotes around it (to be uniform with our formatting). Mini 2nd+ page titles too.
-The subtitle needs to be pt. 12 in size.
-The composer and arranger names need to be right-aligned (they're a tad bit off).
-The copyright info should read this: "Square Enix © 1997" instead of the way it currently is.
-The Url should have these letters capitalized: "http://www.ninsheetmusic.org"
-The staff name should be present on the first system "Piano" (just not on the remaining systems).
-The accidentals in measure 16 seem a bit squished together, could you straighten them out please? (making the left page margin 0.5 could give you more room to work with)

The actual arrangement itself is lovely. It's almost a shame I have to post about all of this formatting junk on an otherwise great arrangement c:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Khunjund

All changes have been made (still not a fan of the quotation marks). I didn't quite understand what you meant about the accidentals in measure 16, but i fidgeted around with them, and the PDF file seemed fine to me.

AmpharosAndy

Formatting stuff all looks great now and bar 16 is now fine :D Bar 14 with the G going to F sharp in the right hand looks a bit off given that there's a similar progression in bar 16 that is spelled G to G flat but that might be overthinking it too much... Probably best to wait for Olimar's verdict first so you don't waste your time XD
innit

Khunjund

Regarding measure 14, the leap in the melody seems to suggest an Em9 chord, which would be written with an F sharp; I simply wanted all instances of the same pitch within one measure to be written identically.

Olimar12345

Andy: although it appears to be inconsistent, it actually mirrors measure 20 (down a half step). Since the harmony there is Em, F# is the second and F natural is the chromatic pitch. Looks weird, but it's fine.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

This sheet looks great - just one suggestion, how about shortening the last system so the measure isn't so stretched out?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle