Game: Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Ankohl Ruins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

[attachment deleted by admin]

Onionleaf

Latios212

Ooh, nice looking sheet. Should be in E minor though. I'll check the notes at another time, but everything looks great! (Except the top margin is pretty small.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Nooo problem, take your time with it. ;) I made those minor changes you noted.

Maelstrom

A tip: Dotted notes are not illegal. Something probably happened to rebeam all the notes, but m9-16 and the final measure could really use dotted quarters in the bass.
Speaking of m9-16, have you considered moving the bass down an octave to remove that empty feel the song has now?
Again, with m9-16, some of those LH notes sound wonky in the original, but the song is so wonky I can't tell you if they're right or not. But it sounds fine with playback

Onionleaf

Okie, understood.

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 15, 2017, 06:00:04 PMAgain, with m9-16, some of those LH notes sound wonky in the original, but the song is so wonky I can't tell you if they're right or not. But it sounds fine with playback

Haha, those were my thought patterns as well. ^^ If it's of any reassurance, I do use MIDI rips as references for all Golden Sun arrangements (which is basically cheating, but hey it helps a bunch!). I went through and double-checked all notes again in that section and it's all okay, despite its awkwardness.

Maelstrom

And one final thing:
You can't have dotted quarters that start on the offbeat (e.g. m9 b1.5) because it obfuscates the beat. SOrry I didn't specify. The ones that start on b1 are fine, though. (don't forget the last measure when you fix these)

Onionleaf

Oookie, no problem. (Huh, I was so sure I've added offbeat dotted quarters to accepted sheets before, but maybe I'm recalling a sheet in compound time?)

Files are updated. :)

Latios212

Tiny aesthetic things - I think the dotted lines in m. 1 and 5 aren't strictly necessary especially since the notes are so close; it's a little cluttery in m. 1. Is that a staccato left over in m. 5? (There should be a dot for the abbreviated cresc... but that looks too big :P)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Quote from: Latios212 on April 02, 2017, 07:10:54 PMIs that a staccato left over in m. 5? (There should be a dot for the abbreviated cresc... but that looks too big :P)

Lol! A ninja dot! :o It has been dealt with.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot