Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Hamstarr's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

AmpharosAndy

Not got much to say as, other than adding a start repeat at the beginning, everything seems perfect to me.
innit

Latios212

Actually, repeat bars at the beginning are frowned upon a bit.

Anyway, beat 4 of 7 (LH) should be a D instead of C#. The trills could also be nudged left slightly.

Also something tells me this should be in D minor but I"m not too sure atm
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on March 14, 2017, 08:10:09 PMAlso something tells me this should be in D minor but I"m not too sure atm

Pretty sure we're looking at a double harmonic scale built on A, based on the fact that both B-flat to C# and F to G# are augmented 2nds that consistently appear (aka not just B-flat to C#), plus the fact that G# consistently appears at all.

Fixed the other things though.

Edit: Okay, so the Hungarian minor scale also exists and this could be either double harmonic on A or Hungarian minor on D. My argument for A is 1) the consistency of the E-A leap in the bass (5-1 in A but 2-5 in D), 2) the trills, which indicate kind of idea-ending points, are over E and G#, 5 and 7 in A (very common) versus 2 and #4 in D (?!), and 3) just before the repeat we get an implied EM chord, which makes sense going back to the beginning's A chord (V-I) but doesn't have as much structural significance in D (II-V) but since it's the repeat point it's definitely significant, and 4) every G# resolves to A but the C# in m. 3 RH doesn't. I know "leading tone resolution" isn't the best argument bc the LT can and will not resolve properly but the awkward rhythmic pattern of m. 3 kind of prevents me from hearing C# as the LT and I think that's relevant

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot