[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Rainbow Road (Two Pianos)" by WaluigiTime64

Started by Zeta, February 10, 2017, 10:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

woops
Here it is.
I just edited the bassline and added slurs for grace notes, so you can probably copy+paste that line in

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

*quickly dashes into the corner and hides behind half-yearly exams*
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

You can run but you can't hide.
Well ok maybe you can hide.

Maelstrom

bump for arranger. We're nearly at the delete for inactivity point so just finish it already

WaluigiTime64

can't delete for inactivity if there's still a bit of activity

Updated the files with a version that includes Mael's bassline (which managed to not be there before oops).

I still have school right now, but next week I'll be free-ish, so I'll work on it more then.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

As it turns out I have no idea what I'm doing. Then again I've never had any idea of what I'm doing, so whatever I did is probably the usual bunch of errors... multiplied by 7.

Files updated with edits of the accompaniment lines for the final section.

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 18, 2018, 09:38:12 AMwoops
Here it is.
I just edited the bassline and added slurs for grace notes, so you can probably copy+paste that line in
Err, grace note lines are still amiss. We can edit that in for you if you want.

Other passing suggestions:
- Omit the G# in piano 2 m. 33 RH? It's a slight stretch, and piano 1 already has that note.
- Measure 39-40 are fine to emphasize, but I'm not much a fan of the octave tripling in piano 1 - it feels a bit out of place to me. Would you be willing to try something else there?
- I'd suggest a clef change for piano 1's right hand from measure 37 to 45.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2018, 09:04:14 PMErr, grace note lines are still amiss. We can edit that in for you if you want.
Oops. Should be fixed now.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2018, 09:04:14 PM- Omit the G# in piano 2 m. 33 RH? It's a slight stretch, and piano 1 already has that note.
Done.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2018, 09:04:14 PM- I'd suggest a clef change for piano 1's right hand from measure 37 to 45.
I'm going to assume you meant left hand. Done.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2018, 09:04:14 PM- Measure 39-40 are fine to emphasize, but I'm not much a fan of the octave tripling in piano 1 - it feels a bit out of place to me. Would you be willing to try something else there?
I definitely see what you mean. The clef change emphasises this point too lol. Unfortunately my brain is kinda fried, so I'm not sure what to do there right now. Feel free to offer suggestions. I'll be sure to change it.

Thanks.

Maelstrom

My final feedback for this song. This will be unorganized.
m3,6,7 RH1 - You have staccato quarters on the off beat. Shouldn't those be 8ths then? Also in m33/35/37  RH2

m8 RH1
Spoiler
[close]
I get why you notated it like this, but it's hard to read the rhythm instinctively with an off beat dotted q. Also in m12 in RH2, m16 LH2, and probably elsewhere.

system of m29 LH2 - that 8vb mark is quite close to those 8th notes....

Aaaaand that's all from me. Great job, this is finally coming together

WaluigiTime64

Sebastian

Olimar12345

It needs to be accurate and playable. Haven't seen it as of it's latest update, but it would need the same things all subs need ._.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

I don't appreciate the snark here... this is clearly just asking someone who's reviewed it more recently about the current status of the sheet (i.e. their current thoughts on it).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

No snark-ness from me, I was simply suggesting that they actually look at it. It's a new file and no updater has commented on it yet, meaning that probably no one has seen it since it was last edited.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!