Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Rainbow Road
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: WaluigiTime64

[attachment deleted by admin]

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

AUGH NOOO

Actually, I like this song, so this should be fun. If I ever have the patience to check the whole thing.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Wait, what? Dang it, Waluigi! I thought this was of MK64, but I realize that there's a 64 in your name...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Alright, here we go. Definitely not getting through all of this in one sitting, so here's round one. @__@

- No "(Two Pianos)" in the title.
- M. 3, piano 2, LH - just make it a quarter? Doesn't seem like that note's any shorter than the others.
- M. 4, beat 4 sounds like just D instead of A-D.
- M. 5-8, piano 2, LH, hearing something different like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-Any reason why in bar 9 you didn't use the actual bass line? It would definitely be more harmonically interesting, which I think is important given that it's for piano.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 12:26:36 AMBecause I can't hear it, no matter what I try. I agree that it would be really good if it was there, but I can't transcribe it.
I can hear it pretty clearly up until around the section change on page 3, then it stops doing cool stuff, at least that I can hear. I can help you write that in sometime, but then again I really do like the simplicity of your LH right now, and the way it captures the percussive rhythm. There's an empty staff from 9-16 so I'm tempted to try and keep both, but once 17 comes around we're already got our hands full. Hmm....
- m. 14 E#-->Fn.
- m. 29 There's a D grace note in front of those two you have there.
- m. 31 - Start the slur at the grace note.

You can tell I started out checking everything from the beginning then pretty quickly lost focus. But overall this sheet seems pretty solid, the right things seem to be in place. Nice.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- No "(Two Pianos)" in the title.
Oops.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- M. 3, piano 2, LH - just make it a quarter? Doesn't seem like that note's any shorter than the others.
I swear I'm hearing a noticeable gap between them.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- M. 4, beat 4 sounds like just D instead of A-D.
I wasn't sure, but I went with that anyway.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- M. 5-8, piano 2, LH, hearing something different like this:
Spoiler
[close]
I went with a slight variation based on both transcriptions, which is on the sheet now.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- m. 14 E#-->Fn.
Oops.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- m. 29 There's a D grace note in front of those two you have there.
I can't actually place a grace note there (NotePad reasons).

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- m. 31 - Start the slur at the grace note.
Oops.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PMYou can tell I started out checking everything from the beginning then pretty quickly lost focus.
Understandably so. I'm grateful for what you've done already.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PMBut overall this sheet seems pretty solid, the right things seem to be in place. Nice.
Hopefully it won't require too much more fixing. Thanks.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

daj

Did a quick playability/pianistic check, everything looks good! ^^ This is something I might want to play with someone someday, ahaha~

One thing though - i know notepad makes it impossible, but would you consider scoring the last section in D-flat major instead of C-sharp major? xD Five flats are generally easier to read than seven sharps~

Dudeman

Quote from: daj on February 13, 2017, 05:46:12 PMOne thing though - i know notepad makes it impossible, but would you consider scoring the last section in D-flat major instead of C-sharp major? xD Five flats are generally easier to read than seven sharps~
I was thinking this too, but didn't say anything 'cause you went from a sharped key signature to another sharped signature and I thought maybe going from sharped to flatted was bad juju.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Brilliant as always, Waluigi! About time someone did this one.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: daj on February 13, 2017, 05:46:12 PMDid a quick playability/pianistic check, everything looks good! ^^ This is something I might want to play with someone someday, ahaha~
Oh sweet. Thanks!

Quote from: daj on February 13, 2017, 05:46:12 PMOne thing though - i know notepad makes it impossible, but would you consider scoring the last section in D-flat major instead of C-sharp major? xD Five flats are generally easier to read than seven sharps~
Well...
Quote from: Dudeman on February 13, 2017, 05:54:46 PMI thought maybe going from sharped to flatted was bad.
^This basically.

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 13, 2017, 06:48:40 PMBrilliant as always, Waluigi! About time someone did this one.
Thanks! I get why no one bothered with this before. It's hard.

WaluigiTime64

mastersuperfan

Don't take this as any sort of definitive source, but I remember having this book of Super Mario piano arrangements that included this track, and the arranger used flats for the key change instead of adding more sharps. Personally, seven flats is a bit much for me to read, but staying sharps might also be right; I don't actually know.

Latios is right on both of these points (slowed it down to check):

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PMM. 3, piano 2, LH - just make it a quarter? Doesn't seem like that note's any shorter than the others.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM- M. 5-8, piano 2, LH, hearing something different like this:
Spoiler
[close]

A few points of my own:

• Piano 2, LH, m4, beat 4: the D is just an eighth note instead of a quarter note.
  • Piano 2, RH, m5, beat 4: the Cn goes back to a B on beat 4 instead of staying.
  • Piano 1, RH, m10, beat 2.5: that note is also just an eighth note, instead of being tied across the measure half. Same in m18.
  • Piano 1, RH, m23-24: the A at the end of m23 is an octave down (in the same octave as the previous A) that ties across to a quarter note A on beat 1 in m24. You've notated the line Piano 2's RH instead.
  • m25-26: There's some sort of lower brass horn instrument or something (I'm not good with instruments) that you're missing there. As far as I can tell, it only seems to play a few notes between and after Piano 2's RH staccato quarter notes. It might be playing other notes as well, but it's hard to hear.
  • Piano 1, LH, m33, beat 1: the grace notes there look a little too... tall.
  • I could see more staccatos being used throughout this arrangement. While not necessary, I think they'd help to show that the pianist should play it with that same quick, light feel of the original. I imagine it'd be easy to go out of control spamming staccatos everywhere, though.

The original bass is doing some pretty cool stuff, in my opinion. Personally, I would prefer the actual bass line in the arrangement, though what you have now isn't necessarily bad. If you want to use the actual one but can't hear it well enough, Latios and I are willing to help you with that (and I can still kind of hear it on page 3... the track I'm arranging right now has a horribly hard to hear bass line o.o). At the least, if you want to keep what you have now, I'd recommend using it in the measures where one hand is free.

After going through all these, I decided I might as well give you the edited version including these changes, since I'd already played around with these changes myself and since you're having to deal with Notepad. It includes most of the things I listed above, as well as Latios' note about the D grace note. I didn't add that instrument I mentioned in m25-26, nor did I transcribe the bass line, but feel free to ask if you're having trouble with those yourself.

Updated MUS here

Overall, though, a really awesome arrangement all around! Mario Kart Wii is one of my favorite games ever and I'm really glad to see that this has finally been done.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

Updated the OP with what you gave me, but I'll try doing the other things later. I've been suddenly attacked with Physics homework, so I can't do much right now.
Huge thanks for going through the effort of doing it for me! Much appreciated.

WaluigiTime64

My gosh. That bassline was pure, unadulterated

I'm going to be attacked for making this joke.
[close]

SUB edited.