News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World

Started by SlowPokemon, February 04, 2017, 07:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

So I skipped this when it came out on Wii U because other than Mario games I'm never able to finish platformers on home consoles. But I've played the demo for the Nintendo 3DS port three times since I downloaded it and feel like I would really like to get this. Anyone have any recommendation about it, either because they have it or already played it on Wii U? How is the game?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Excuse my ignorance, but why is this in Sony?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

I thought it was in Nintendo, sigh

Mobile foruming is hard guys

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

You're the only one who understands me E. Gadd

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

This is the most action the Sony forum has gotten in the past 2 years though.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

I've played the Wii U version, and I love it. Admittedly I did most of it in 2-player co-op, but it's still a terrific platformer.

~Gameplay: Poochy aside because I played the Wii U version, it's pretty standard Yoshi's Island fare. Jump, flutter, eat enemies, make eggs, throw eggs, etc etc. Controls are responsive and feel good.

~Graphics: I dunno how this would look on 3DS/New 3DS, but it looks terrific on Wii U. The worlds are as bright, colorful, vivid, and realistic-looking as advertised, and the frequent unraveling of yarn are fun to watch.

~Soundtrack: I haven't played Kirby's Epic Yarn so I can't really compare the visuals (I would imagine them to be similar, as they were both developed by Good-Feel) but I know both soundtracks and love them both. Tomoya Tomita composes a lot of bright and cheerful tracks, and the best word I can use to describe them is mellow. Sometimes a bit too mellow. But it's definitely among one of my favorite soundtracks, I love that kind of stuff.

~Difficulty (and stuff): Not that hard, but not stupidly easy (iirc). Collecting all the items is a fun challenge. I haven't collected everything yet, though I haven't played it too much. There's a sizeable amount of levels and things to find, enough to keep me busy for a while.

So yeah. I'm probably not buying it because I already have it on the Wii U but would absolutely recommend getting it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

Like I said, I've played the demo a few times and I love the aesthetic (I've 100%ed the two levels it offers). I also read that it plays at 60 frames per second on a New 3DS (which I have) so I think the visuals won't be a problem. I think I'm going to save my money and buy a Nintendo Switch first, though, since I have about $200 saved already and it's easier to save the $40/50 for a 3DS game then take it out of that fund haha

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 04, 2017, 07:32:06 PMThis is the most action the Sony forum has gotten in the past 2 years though.
That's just sad.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

I have the WiiU one and it was pretty damn boring (even with a friend). Did not even consider this port, since it seemed like a lazy way to repeat an already mediocre idea with a new amiibo to help sales again.

If you think about it, this poochy version is pretty pathetic. Poochy was great in Yoshi's Island because he was unexpected, adorable, and helpful in the gameplay. He wasn't an entire selling point, nor was his appearance guaranteed in any way; he just came as a pleasant little surprise/bundle of joy. Now his inclusion just seems like a tacky add-on, as if they were trying to add SOMETHING to try to make an old idea look slightly newer. Call me jaded since I haven't ACTUALLY played it, but it genuinely looks pathetic.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

E. Gadd Industries

The rumor come out: The Olimar are Kefka alternative?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 05, 2017, 09:17:23 AMThe rumor come out: The Olimar are Kefka alternative?
What the heck does this even mean.