News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [MUL] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - "Opening" by Tobbeh99

Started by Zeta, February 04, 2017, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Smash Bros.
Game: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Opening
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tobbeh99

Tobbeh99

Thought I might submit this song even though of my comment. I still hang around here, from time to time. And don't think that this arrangement is perfect, and that it needs some "fine-tuning" and maybe some discussions concerning various things before it is ready to go. So that's why the decision.

-I edited the ending so that it is now much easier to read. I also think the notation fits better with the rest of the arrangement.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

It's very nice indeed. Just a couple things I can give you right off the top:

-Measure 17, RH: You've got some augmentation dots running over the natural sign here. Maybe spread that out a tad.
-Measure 23, both hands, beats 2 and 3: Rhythm here I'm pretty certain is two dotted eighths followed by a standard eighth (notated correctly of course). I could've sworn (up till now) that this rhythm was in the previous few measures as well, but it's more debatable in those cases and I can't say that you're wrong with the way you have them there. Here though, I think I've got enough surety in myself to conclude as I do.
-^Above comment also applies to measure 31.
-Section E, melody: There are places in here where the melody has some anticipations that are lacking in your score. Find them and incorporate them please.

But overall a fabulous job; well done.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Tobbeh99

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 09, 2017, 08:49:21 PMIt's very nice indeed. Just a couple things I can give you right off the top:

-Measure 17, RH: You've got some augmentation dots running over the natural sign here. Maybe spread that out a tad.
-Measure 23, both hands, beats 2 and 3: Rhythm here I'm pretty certain is two dotted eighths followed by a standard eighth (notated correctly of course). I could've sworn (up till now) that this rhythm was in the previous few measures as well, but it's more debatable in those cases and I can't say that you're wrong with the way you have them there. Here though, I think I've got enough surety in myself to conclude as I do.
-^Above comment also applies to measure 31.
-Section E, melody: There are places in here where the melody has some anticipations that are lacking in your score. Find them and incorporate them please.

But overall a fabulous job; well done.

m.17: emm no. What are you talking about. The natural sign is on the left side of the notes, and the dots are on the right side.
m.23: Hmm kind of hard to hear but m.31 is definitely what you said. I'll take a look at it. 
Section E: Emm what have I missed?

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Here's some stuff you missed from a while back:

Quote from: Latios212 on January 24, 2017, 05:39:47 PM- m. 32, molto...? Disconnect beats 3-4?

- Section E: seems kind of off. First, the timing is off for some of the notes. The entirety of what you have for m. 46 should occur one eighth note earlier, you can hear those notes don't fall on the beat (listen to the drums). I'm also not sure what the cross-staff slur is supposed to mean in 47, and in general I'm having a hard time visually following the line in the original in your sheet. It also seems like there's a note missing on m. 47 beat 4.

And yeah, what JD said about measure 23.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

No I don't agree on m.23. I listened to it again and I feel like the strings play very "straight". But the drums do some triplet like rhythm, probably two dotted 8ths+8th (as you guys said). So therefore it sounds almost like a 3v2 poly-rhythm.

And I looked at the E section and it seems as if the rhythm was incorrect.
Is this one better/correct?

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Just regarding section E for now: Yep, that image contains the right rhythms.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

This song has .... issues. Notes and rhythms feel really off in places even without comparing it directly to the original. Yet, there's so many good ideas here, that I really want to see this sheet shine. That's why I'm not actually going to tell you where those places are. This song needs to be edited, and hard, but not by an updater. There are problems in here you can pick out and solve without us, and there are some mistakes in this song that should have been caught long before the submitting it. Reviewing on this sheet will continue only after these problems are addressed, and addressed completely.

Tobbeh99

You're comment provides literally no clue at all where the problems are. I thought I had it all done, and you're saying there are lots of issues, which I'm supposed to see by myself? You can at least specify where the problems are, so that I can take a closer look at it.

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

That's the point. Compare it to the origina again. There are so many nitpicky error that non-musicians could pick them out instantly. There's a lot of rhythms that are just wrong and chords that sound distinctly off. The reason I'm not being specific is so that the updaters don't do all the work for you. What keeps happening is the updaters will point out a few examples of errors, and you will fix them, but only those errors, and never checking to see if similar problems might exist elsewhere. By not telling you exactly where everything is, I'm hoping you can learn to check your arrangements better yourself. It's your sheet.

Tobbeh99

Yet again I don't see the errors. I've made this arrangement as perfect as I can. And I don't even know what errors you're talking about. Can you at least give me an example of a rhythm that is wrong, or a chord that is wrong? Else nothing is really going to happen with this arrangement as you just keep on saying "do it yourself, find the errors yourself" and keep saying "I don't know where the errors are".

10/10 tobbeh