News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

How to make one note last longer than the others?

Started by 607, May 07, 2017, 06:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello, I'm currently arranging Snow Land, from Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
There are some things that seem hard to write, but achievable to play. A relatively simple example is this one:

I'd want to make the selected (orange) note last as if it was a full note, while the other notes from the chord should remain chord. How would I write this?

daj

I would bring the note to layer 2! ^^ Another alternative is to tie just that note over, but that's lame.

Okay, thanks. :) I'm still not sure on how to do some parts, but I think for now I'll leave it as is or make some notes, as I'm not intending to release this at the moment, I would just like to have a way to learn it.
I'm planning to create a topic here after my exams, asking for help getting some of my older arrangements into NSM-quality sheets. Most of them are just a bit away from it and I haven't ever really cared, but as a means of 'giving back' I'd like to help getting some more sheet music of certain games on the site. :)
I'm not too confident on it though, as I feel like I don't know a lot about music, although I do compose chiptunes and play piano. :P But I'm quite sure some of you will be able to help me, and I wouldn't mind to learn! That is, once I'm done with secondary education: exams come first. ;)