[DELETED] [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Final Battle: Malladus" by NocturneOfShadow

Started by Zeta, January 31, 2017, 11:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Final Battle: Malladus
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: NocturneOfShadow

mikey

so, uh, I got my laptop back yesterday, and I added harmonies.  Lol, this was bad timing on my part, sorry.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Formatting needs fixing:
Space for another measure on the first page
Collisions galore
Double barlines needed
Layer errors like m19
Grace notes need slurs.

mikey

screw formatting

-if you're referring to the one-measure system on p4, adding a measure to p1 wasn't the solution.  p1 looked very good as is.
-I'm not sure how to fix collisions well
-I'm not sure how to put in a barline
-Questionably fixed?
-Grace notes are now happy

For brevity's sake, I just updated the mus/x
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Oops not measure, system.

For barlines, use the measure tool and click on the corner and select the correct box. Google is your friend
Collisions: Just move things so they don't hit other things. This includes flipping notestems if needed. Use L for that. If you can't do that for a crescend, maybe use a cresc. dynamic instead.

mikey

most things aren't movable, I mean I moved dynamic markings around, but I can't like move notes or anything.
Double barlines are in.
Man I appreciate you pointing out errors but you're like... bad at explaining what you mean
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Forgot how new you were to full finale.
Ok, here it is, with intructions:
First, if you can't move something, one of 2 things are happening: You have the wrong tool, or you are in the wrong layer. This is true for anything. If it's a 3rd reason, you broke finale.

To put another system on the 1st pg, use the treble clef tool to move a stave up from pg 2 onto pg 1. If the spacing looks off, follow this exactly: Move all measures as close to each other as possible, but DON'T MOVE THE TOP ONE. Then, use ctrl+shift to select all of the systems EXCEPT FOR THE TOP ONE and push down. Each time you push down, it will space them an equal amount from each other. Do this until you are a reasonable distance from the copyright url.

m38 glissando collision with natural. You can move accidentals with tools>advanced tools>special tools>accidental mover

the system of m43 is squished. Mess around with that to fix it. Also click on it to respace it.

m47 has stem direction problems. Re enter stuff to respace it better.

m55 has a sinking rest. Raise it up.

m70 layer one and 2 need swapped.

I've got class in literally 1 min so that's all for now

mikey

alright, I did that, except re-entering m47 did the exact same thing as I had except the rest is way up
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Incidentally, did you update the other files besides musx? I can't work in musx; that's the only reason I ask.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

unmotivated

Maelstrom

Congratulations! You are the proud new owner of some feedback!
- I hate to rain on your parade, but that's not really an appropriate tempo mark under any circumstances. And it's still hitting the fermata.
-m2 - Honestly, octaves in the LH are a bit too much for snare drums
-m3-4 LH chords- Fill those out chords - maybe A-C#-E-A for m3 and G#-B-D#-G# for m4  They just don't have enough bass or punch as it is. Also through the rest of the intro.
-m3-7 RH - Chords are wrong - First should be E-G#-C#, m4 should be G#-B-D#, m5 is the same as m3, m6 should be a B-D# in layer 2, with the in the 1st layer acting normal. m7 should be like m3.
-m11 onwards - LH - This really, really needs staccatos. It feels too bland as it is.

Aaaaand that's all for now.

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 02, 2017, 07:39:30 PMCongratulations! You are the proud new owner of some feedback!
- I hate to rain on your parade, but that's not really an appropriate tempo mark under any circumstances. And it's still hitting the fermata.
I disagree.  And fixed.
-m2 - Honestly, octaves in the LH are a bit too much for snare drums
so, dropped the lower note?
-m3-4 LH chords- Fill those out chords - maybe A-C#-E-A for m3 and G#-B-D#-G# for m4  They just don't have enough bass or punch as it is. Also through the rest of the intro.
A C# E A works for the odd measures but I really don't like G# B D# G# in the even measures.  Any other suggestions?
-m3-7 RH - Chords are wrong - First should be E-G#-C#, m4 should be G#-B-D#, m5 is the same as m3, m6 should be a B-D# in layer 2, with the in the 1st layer acting normal. m7 should be like m3.
what do you mean for m6?  I have no idea what that's supposed to look like
-m11 onwards - LH - This really, really needs staccatos. It feels too bland as it is.
staccatos would look weird with the accents already there imo
Aaaaand that's all for now.
unmotivated

JDMEK5

A few thoughts:
-What if you used chromatically descending grace notes to simulate the slide in the RH between measures 10 and 11?
-I don't think I would be against the usage of articulations in the LH at measure 11 and on. Think how you would notate it to a handful of cellists.
-Measure 31, RH: You've got quite the reach there. I'm not so sure early attack may leave you with the effect you want. Maybe think of a way to resolve that?
-Measure 32, RH: Second chord is massive. Impossible at this tempo. Move the A up an octave please.
-Measures 35-44: If you want to use keys here, start in F# minor, then go to C major in 39. To me this whole section is so unstable I think you could probably make an argument for an open key here but without spending too much time on it, that's closer to what I think the reality is than C minor is.
-Measure 51, RH: Your 1st voice is not being tied over from the previous measure. I'm just scratching my head rn.
-Also Measure 51, RH: Your 2nd voice should be stem up.
-Measures 55 & 59, RH: Apply the previous thing to these measures as well. Grace notes included.
-Measure 69, RH: Give this chord a C natural already. It's an interval of a second with the D anyways.
-I'm not sure about a lot of the notes in this last part. More on that in the future.
-Measure 70-71, RH: Top tie should be going upwards.

As I said, there's likely more, but that should be enough for the time being.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle