News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[NDS] Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - Multiple Songs

Started by 888eddyx, April 29, 2013, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

888eddyx

Onionleaf

Fine choices! I didn't even know this request existed until yesterday. Might as well post these finished arrangements here, even it is almost 4 years late. :o

• Congratulations Everyone, Again: [MUS]
• Pursuit ~ Cornered: [MUS]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Onionleaf on January 14, 2017, 06:27:08 PMFine choices! I didn't even know this request existed until yesterday. Might as well post these finished arrangements here, even it is almost 4 years late. :o

• Congratulations Everyone, Again: [MUS]
• Pursuit ~ Cornered: [MUS]

Correct name is Pursuit ~ Questioned. Cornered is from the first game.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

^that's actually also wrong, haha. The tracks are:

"Pursuit ~ Pressed"
"Victory! ~ Another Victory"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 14, 2017, 08:13:45 PM^that's actually also wrong, haha. The tracks are:

"Pursuit ~ Pressed"
"Victory! ~ Another Victory"

Wait, what? I've never heard it being "Pressed," always "Questioned" or some similar name thereof. Do you have a source?

Also, I think you might be thinking of the wrong track for the other one. "Congratulations Everybody, Again" is one of the names for the track also commonly referred to as "More Happy People" or "More Blissful People." (I don't know which one is official, though.)

EDIT: Also, I always see the main series victory themes named "Won the Case!" instead of "Victory!" Is there a source for that too?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Oops, I was wrong on both accounts then--I double-checked the translation and I was wrong about the pursuit. It's actually literally "Pursuit ~ I Want to Question," which is close to what you said. However, the name for the other one is just plain wrong. According to VGMDB, it's "More Blissful People," but looking at the Japanese characters and translating them shows that "More Happy People" or "More Cheerful People" would be a superior translation. I'm not sure where they got "blissful" from as if you take out the Japanese word for "more"/"even more" the translation becomes "people who are happy."

Edit: as for the victory themes, the word the Japanese tracks use is "shoso" which literally means "prevailing" or "winning" or "victorious" so I just use "victory."

mastersuperfan

Well, whether or not the name is wrong, it's what a lot of sources actually seem to say for some reason. I never liked that name, though; I generally call it "More Happy People."

The literal translation may be "Pursuit ~ I Want to Question," but that honestly sounds silly to me. Apart from the literal translation and from the sources that incorrectly call it "Cornered," all the sources I've seen say "Pursuit ~ Questioned." Personally, I'd go with "Questioned" for the name of the sheet.

EDIT: Actually, BrawlBRSTMs3 calls it "Pursuit ~ Wanting to Question," but it doesn't often provide correct names anyways, and if we're going to alter the translation to make it sound better, then I figure we might as well changed it all the way to "Questioned," which fits when T&T and AJ also have one-word Pursuit names.

SlowPokemon

Oh no I didn't have any issue with the "questioned" name because like I said it's really close to what you said hah and "I want to question" is only a literal translation anyway

mastersuperfan

Oh, whoops, sorry about that. :P

For the victory themes, though, if it translates to that, then it's strange that every source out there seems to say "Won the Case!" or, occasionally, "Won the Lawsuit!" In the case that one does get arranged (which I may do sometime), which one would be better? (I'd personally say "Won the Case!" because that's the name I've always known...)

SlowPokemon

Most names that are incorrect only get spread around because people learn them incorrectly. It's not our job to use the names people know; it's always better to use the correct names if official titles exist. That said, "won the case/lawsuit" is close enough that I don't think it matters in this case.

mastersuperfan

Considering there aren't really any official titles in English except for translations of the Japanese original titles, I think we can afford to be a little more liberal here. There are still definitely a lot of bad misnomers out there to avoid, though (like people calling every Pursuit "Cornered").

SlowPokemon

A little more liberal, yes, like changing the names to match the English versions, but we should still try to use general translations of the Japanese tracks, rather than using fan names (like that annoying "cornered" thing you mentioned, which even regrettably filtered into the PLVAA game).