News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

TWG XCIV Sign Ups

Started by davy, January 07, 2017, 01:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

I won't be able to join/host a game before july 3rd. If anyone else wants to host a game before then, be my guest.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

TWG Championships practice:

Mafia
Mafia

Human
Human
Human
Human
Human

This year's championships is vanilla mafia, so I'd like practice with that format.  This is also super fun, btw.  We played mafia on the bus often during knowledge bowl.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

People at my school play mafia soooo much. XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 12, 2017, 09:19:49 PMPeople at my school play mafia soooo much. XD
What's mafia? Looks a bit sketchy...
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

it's like the werewolf game except you say "mafia" instead of "wolf" and "vanilla townie" instead of "human"
and "doctor" instead of "guardian" and "sheriff" instead of "seer"
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

^^that.
Only problem with people at my school is that they don't employ strategy. I've taken what I've learned from TWG and applied it to games, and what did it get me? Well, the first Day phase, all the mafia would just randomly vote for me using a stupid excuse, and it would somehow work (despite my at least somewhat logical explanations), and no one would take into account that I say "Watch out for the x number of mafia that just voted for me right off the bat."
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

here's the thing about IRL mafia:
it goes so fast, you can't employ strategy.  Literally everything has to be based on how people interact with each other.
"who would kill this person?  Is this person acting the same way?  Are people teaming up?"
When you're playing 48 hour phases it's easy to fake this sort of stuff, but IRL it favors humans for sure.
Logic has no place in IRL mafia.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 13, 2017, 07:09:14 AMhere's the thing about IRL mafia:
it goes so fast, you can't employ strategy.  Literally everything has to be based on how people interact with each other.
"who would kill this person?  Is this person acting the same way?  Are people teaming up?"
When you're playing 48 hour phases it's easy to fake this sort of stuff, but IRL it favors humans for sure.
Logic has no place in IRL mafia.
Not always true. I've played a fair amount of One Night Werewolf before, and even with the addition of roles I was unfamiliar with, my prior TWG skills kind of helped in most occasions.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Omg can we please play an irl mafia please please? I would be so down for that like you don't even know
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I've been trying to get voice chat mafia going but people are lame and mute #twg
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 13, 2017, 03:04:54 PMI've been trying to get voice chat mafia going but people are lame and mute #twg
if you didn't @everyone all the time maybe we wouldn't have to

mikey

Quote from: Dude on May 13, 2017, 03:59:46 PMif you didn't @everyone all the time maybe we wouldn't have to
chat log
[9:51 PM] Mealström: stop pinging everyone
April 27, 2017
[6:40 AM] Michael Deejay: Why
[6:40 AM] Michael Deejay: It's fine
[11:36 AM] Olimar12345: Yeah the pinging actually gets my attention when needed.
[9:43 PM] Dude:

[9:44 PM] Michael Deejay: Think of it this way
[9:44 PM] Michael Deejay: When I say everyone I actually mean everyone
[9:44 PM] Dude: @you
[9:44 PM] Michael Deejay: @Dude do you want to play voice chat mafia
[9:44 PM] Dude: Aww
[9:44 PM] Dude: No
[9:45 PM] Michael Deejay: @everyone who's interested in voice chat mafia
[9:45 PM] Michael Deejay: You didn't say anything so it's basically the same
[9:45 PM] Michael Deejay: Also whyyyy
[9:45 PM] Dude: I also muted the channel anyway
[9:45 PM] Dude: I just wanted to post that
[9:47 PM] Mealström: But muting doesn't stop mentions
[9:47 PM] Dude: But it does???
[9:47 PM] Dude: At least on mobile
[10:17 PM] Olimar12345: Everyone should be down for a voice chat mafia this weekend tbh
April 29, 2017
[4:33 PM] Michael Deejay: @everyone it is time
[4:33 PM] Dude: Why
[4:34 PM] Dude: H8 u
[4:34 PM] Michael Deejay: @Dude it is time
[4:34 PM] Dude: @Michael Deejay stop
[4:36 PM] Mealström: Stop mentioning me
[4:37 PM] Michael Deejay: Let's play voice chat mafia though
[6:14 PM] EFitTrainr: I have this channel muted because I don't give a shit about twg
[6:15 PM] EFitTrainr: but it still notifies me when you tag everyone
[6:15 PM] EFitTrainr: so stop
[close]
Dude
unmotivated