TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag postgame

Started by Dudeman, January 06, 2017, 09:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

What the fuck was this game? It started off as a good time. Jokes were had, people signed up, we were all ready for a fun game. Then I had to balance it. No big deal, but it did reveal the cracks in the structure of this abnormal game that only got wider as the game went on. And then all of a sudden people were, like, really incredibly salty. The amount of salt in the game past, like, Day 2 was astronomical and I still don't understand where the hell all of it came from (aside from the frustrations aimed at a few human players who didn't play very intelligently). I just wanted to make a fun game and it crumbled under the weight of reality and my own poor planning.

[heavy sigh]

Role reveal.

1. davy - Exeggutor
2. NocturneOfShadow - Metapod
3. Maelstrom - Nebby
4. BlackDragonSlayer - Ya Boi Guzma
5. TheZeldaPianist275 - Lusamine
6. dajwxp - Dugtrio
7. Olimar12345 - Lillie
8. Dude - Popplio
9. FireArrow - Mimikyu
10. E. Gadd Industries - Toucannon

Progression:
Day 1: dajwxp is screened due to poor understanding of the game rules. This becomes a running theme for most of the game, which I take full responsibility for.
Night 1: Bag votes: Maelstrom 6, daj 4, Olimar 1, davy 1. BDS seers daj. davy is wolfed (a very unfortunate occurrence).
Day 2: NocturneOfShadow is screened because he still hasn't learned how to not come across as aggressive and incomprehensible.
Night 2: Bag votes: daj 6 (2 wolf votes), Maelstrom 5, Noc 1. BDS seers Olimar. Noc is wolfed.
Day 3: E. Gadd is screened due to poor reasoning and understanding of the game (there it is again).
Night 3: Bag votes: Maelstrom 5, BDS 4 (wolf votes), daj 3, Olimar 1, E. Gadd 1. BDS seers FireArrow. E. Gadd is wolfed.
Day 4: BDS gets his cover blown by ending up the Bag. TZP is screened although I was kind of secretly hoping the KitB would fall to FA because I was rooting for the wolves this whole game.
Night 4: Logic dictates that BDS will not be Bagged this night which, now that he's an obvious wolf, sets him up for screening on Day 5. I end the game here. Humans win.

Human MVP and overall MVP goes to FireArrow, congrats on the aggressive plays and solid logic buried beneath the salt.
Wolf MVP goes to TZP for staying under the radar until BDS got himself in hot water and left you in the spotlight trying to pin down FireArrow (though you did an impressive job nonetheless at the end).

THE BAG AWARDS (I warned you people would lose for not capitalizing):
Spoiler
Silent But Deadly: BlackDragonSlayer, for not uttering the word Bag until the start of Day 4 (you lose brownie points for not ever capitalizing it, though).
Tight-Lipped: Maelstrom, for only saying the word Bag once and capitalizing it.
Apathetic: Dude, for only saying the word Bag once and not capitalizing it.
Bipolar: dajwxp, for a capitalization occurrence of exactly 50%.
Slack-jawed: FireArrow, for saying the word Bag the most times out of any other player in the game (you only capitalized it twice, though).
The Losers, Statistically: NocturneOfShadow, BlackDragonSlayer, Olimar12345, and Dude, for never capitalizing the word Bag once.
The Loser, For Real: Olimar12345, for saying the word Bag most out of those who never capitalized the word Bag.
MY FAVORITE PLAYER: For the most capitalized uses of the word Bag, where every other player only averaged about 2 capitalizations...
Spoiler
E. Gadd Industries, for 11 capitalized uses of the word Bag and only one uncapitalized use (and the second most uses overall, right behind FireArrow). You the real MVP, E. Gadd.
[close]
[close]

Ending this with another apology for this pretty confusing, unconventional game that seems to have left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Discuss.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

To be fair, I capitalized Bag in PMs to TZP, didn't I?

Honestly, I think the major problem was that we couldn't kill people fast enough to avoid getting detected simply by process of elimination. FireArrow going all "shoot first, ask questions later" almost helped save the day for us (it didn't help that his suspicion of me sprouted from the exact same reasons I'm suspected as a human), but then Olimar randomly and unexpectedly changed his vote (I mean, honestly, what did he think TZP was going to do?). The fact that votes were split between us wolves instead of simply being "wolves as a whole have this many votes" also threw a wrench into my plan; though, to be fair, going with the plan of putting me in the Bag probably (and perhaps a little surprisingly) made FireArrow seem more manipulative and dangerous (that quote I lifted from the postgame of the Agents of Shield game was simply brilliant if I may say so myself :P).

At least I can say we almost overcame nearly insurmountable odds!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Wait, humans won? Why were our bag votes halved when I died?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 06, 2017, 10:32:38 PMWait, humans won? Why were our bag votes halved when I died?
Yeah. The wording of "collectively" usually implies that the power usage is unaffected if a wolf dies. Given that, I'm not really sure if it would even be numerically/realistically possible to win if only one wolf was alive. Other than that, we would have had it in the bag (no pun intended!) at that point.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

Welp. Nothing on you, Dudeman, it was a really awesome idea which I'm sure you put lots of effort into <3

*gives dudeman a champagne*

But yeah, balancing is a bitch, jokes are not funny anymore in a competitive environment, and the game didn't really work out as I'd hoped. sigh. Tis k I guess, much respect for you as always, thanks for everything :)

And to all the players too, hehe! Salty or not, we can all just share a pint and be friends again ^^

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Thoughts:

1. Is Davy the new Manti?

2. This game was really human sided. 3 mislynches + 3 confirmed humans is crazy. You could of fixed this by removing lillie's immunity to death and making the Bag a gimmick not attached to any one player.

3. Lynches not killing humans made wolf play really brain dead, you just wolf the confirmed humans. I can't really think of a solution to this.

4. Wolves would of won if they didn't bag BDS, it would of been incredibly easy to get me lynched toherwise. Olimar was planning pretty much planning on it already and BDS getting bagged (aong with me throwing a temper tantrum) changed his mind.

5. Those were some really good mindgames BDS and I almost switched my vote to dude because of them.

6. Noc, you always get lynched early on for a reason and it isn't because everyone is stupid. If you're sick of it I'd really try adjusting your play style.

7. Before you sign up for a game please ask yourself "do I intend to be entirely useless and watch danganropa instead?" If the answer is yes please have the courtesy not to join.

8. Kudos to Olimar for switching his vote and saving us.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: FireArrow on January 06, 2017, 11:27:12 PM4. Wolves would of won if they didn't bag BDS, it would of been incredibly easy to get me lynched toherwise. Olimar was planning pretty much planning on it already and BDS getting bagged (aong with me throwing a temper tantrum) changed his mind

With no offense intended toward Dudeman at all, wolves would have won if their win condition was actually what the rules suggested it was :<

FireArrow

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 06, 2017, 11:31:48 PMWith no offense intended toward Dudeman at all, wolves would have won if their win condition was actually what the rules suggested it was :<

idk I assumed things were the way they were

Olimar12345

Dudeman, great hosting. You were very responsive and active and nothing was ever really late. I think you did well with how often the game's mechanics would fall apart. Game was pretty broken though.

I thought the salt was funny and had fun :> Sorry for lynching you noc, but yeah what FA said already

doood be more active or something idk

tzp and bds you basically got off Scott free because you sat back and acted(?) inactive for the first few phases and let everyone check them selves.

Egadd I believed in you!

Hi FA

woah, davy, daj, and mael were in this game?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on January 06, 2017, 11:27:12 PM2. This game was really human sided. 3 mislynches + 3 confirmed humans is crazy. You could of fixed this by removing lillie's immunity to death and making the Bag a gimmick not attached to any one player.
I think starting the wolves with two bag votes, and/or having the game a night start (with some sort of way to guard against Nebby getting wolfed Night 1) might have alleviated this a little, or giving the wolves some sort of other power (either that, or having one or two of the Pokemon have a negative effect related to the lynching e.g. Toucannon removing the day and night votes of the last person who voted for them, and Metapod having like 0.5 vote or something).

Quote4. Wolves would of won if they didn't bag BDS, it would of been incredibly easy to get me lynched toherwise. Olimar was planning pretty much planning on it already and BDS getting bagged (aong with me throwing a temper tantrum) changed his mind.
If I hadn't been bagged, you would have gone straight for me and nobody would have objected (remember E. Gadd's lynch?).

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 06, 2017, 11:43:07 PMtzp and bds you basically got off Scott free because you sat back and acted(?) inactive for the first few phases and let everyone check them selves.
Except for:
1: Gently poking certain people earlier in the game to encourage their lynches (daj and Noc come to mind specifically).
2: Later in the game, when we really needed to lynch FireArrow.
I was being pretty lazy. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 07, 2017, 12:20:57 AMIf I hadn't been bagged, you would have gone straight for me and nobody would have objected (remember E. Gadd's lynch?).

You underestimate how much the humans were fed up with me.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

I was pretty sure that if BDS was a wolf, bagging him that night would win the game for the wolves, but appearantly, Dudeman had a different idea. That was unfortunate, though, humans didn't really deserve to win this game, although wolves played pretty poor as well.

I can't blame the humans too much for the daj lynch. It was a day one lynch and there is not much to base your votes on day 1. The noc lynch was really bad though. He explained his reasoning for his behaviour, and at that point, humans should have switched to E. Gadd. Speaking of him:

E. Gadd, what was wrong with you this game? You played so much worse than your last three games (Spliter Personalities, Updating and Six Player Death Match). Do you just not have any confidence in your own ability?

FireArrow, why so much salt?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game