Game: Shadow of the Colossus
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Counterattack
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Ryan McGaughey

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Have you checked m.4? About the fifth/tritone-thing? I think those are just regular fifths.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

iLikePiano

Checked over it several times and yes I think they were just 5ths! Files should be updated now.
Thanks!

Brassman388

Latios212

- Those sextuplets would be better notated as triplets.
- Missing tempo markings.
- The whole note A's in m. 5, 7, etc. seem pretty redundant from a piano player's standpoint.
- m. 37: That's a lot of ledger lines. Perhaps an 8vb? You might also want to move this system down a bit to give the top voice and direction more room.
- Last measure - Try redistributing the measures per system so that you don't end up with a super stretched one at the end.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

iLikePiano

Quote from: Latios212 on February 02, 2017, 02:01:57 PM- Those sextuplets would be better notated as triplets.
- Missing tempo markings.
- The whole note A's in m. 5, 7, etc. seem pretty redundant from a piano player's standpoint.
- m. 37: That's a lot of ledger lines. Perhaps an 8vb? You might also want to move this system down a bit to give the top voice and direction more room.
- Last measure - Try redistributing the measures per system so that you don't end up with a super stretched one at the end.

Ok, files should be updated.

---I changed the sextuplets to triplets but I kept the notes beamed together because the piece has an alla breve feel. What do you think?
---Sorry, forgot to put the tempo mark. It's there now.
---I would like to keep the whole note because I am trying to show that that 'A' should be accented a little. In the original music there is a trumpet that  sustains that A tone.
---Ok done. What do you think about the placement of the "loco" marking though?
---Done

Maelstrom

Sorry for the wait.
Maybe not beam the sets of triplets together? Separate each set of 3 from the other sets? I get the 2/2 reasoning, but it's much harder to read the way you have it written.
I'm convinced the 8ths in in m21 are actually triplets
m59/65 LH - maybe add a parenthesis to the A to quickly show the performer that it is being played in the other hand?
final measure RH - maybe hide one of the rests and leave a single one to indicate a rest in both measures?
Those margins and spaces between measures are awfully big. Slimming them down might save you a page.
Oh, and those locos are fine placement wise, but should be italicised.

Maelstrom

iLikePiano

Thanks for the response! I thought I was abandoned.

Please give me a few days to revise the arrangement. I will let you know when I update the files.

Thanks!

Maelstrom

Sorry for the wait. Just about all the subs were like this for a while.

iLikePiano

InsigTurtle

I'd suggest adding a marking like "ben marcato" to the middle voice in m.69, to indicate it coming out. Other than that, looks good!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I updated the files with the change myself, as it was quite small. I also moved the slur in m47 as something funky happened to it.

I approve