News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

NinSunMoon: NinSheetMusic Official Friendly Semicompetitive Professional Tourney

Started by mikey, January 05, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Rules:
-The format will be Single Battle.
-A team of up to 6 Pokémon will be used for this tournament.
-A team can only include one Legendary or Ultra Beast.
-A team may include one Mega Stone if the team has no Legendaries or Ultra Beasts; Mega Stones are banned otherwise.
-The moves Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, and Guillotine are banned.
-Any move, item, or ability that may raise evasion is banned.
-No more than one Pokemon may be afflicted with the Sleep status at one time.  This rule is unenforceable.
-No two Pokémon may share a National Pokedex number.
-No two Pokémon may share a held item.
-Any Pokémon not legally obtainable within a cartridge game of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon are banned.
-To clarify, Pokémon found or bred after Island Scan are allowed.
-Pokémon will be set to Level 50 during the battle regardless of their original level.
-Team Rosters must be publicly displayed in the thread.
-Team Rosters cannot be changed.
-Other parts of your team may be altered, including, but not limited to: held items, move sets, or Nature.
-If you feel your team may not be up to par for this event a QR Battle Team may be allowed on a case by case basis.  Furthermore, if you feel a team would be a barrier to entry, feel free to sign up anyway as this is an option.
-It is your own responsibility to complete your matches on time.  Plenty of time will be allotted to complete matches.  Failure to do so degrades the quality of the event and you will be awarded a loss for this.
-You may select up to 6 Pokémon from your team during a battle.  Selecting fewer than 6, however, is generally considered a bad idea.
-The winner must provide a Battle Video of the match to the thread.  Either the code to the Battle Video found in-game or a link to the PGL will suffice.  Failure to do so means you will have to redo that match.
-There will be a prize for the ultimate winner, worth approximately $10 USD.
-All questions, comments, concerns, or good jokes should be shared in the thread.  Please do not PM the tournament organizer.
-After signups end, each player will have a chance to play an exhibition match.  Team Rosters may be edited once during this period.
-After exhibition matches end, there will be a brief intermission to observe the PGL Alola Friendly tournament.  After the intermission ends, participants will submit their Team Rosters to the thread and a three-round Swiss competition will begin.
-After the Swiss competition ends, the 8 highest scoring participants will cut to a single elimination winner's bracket.  Players who lose in the winner's bracket and those who did not cut to the Top 8 will continue in the loser's bracket.  The loser's bracket winner will have a chance to rejoin the winner's bracket.
-The ultimate winner will be lauded with glory, fame, and some kind of prize.

Participants:
1. NocturneOfShadow

-Dragonite-   -Lycanroc-  -Roserade-   -Azumarill-    -Gengar-     -Rhyperior-
[close]
2. Nebbles

-Cloyster-  -Mimikyu-  -Dragonite-  -Mudsdale-  -Gengar-      -Chandelure-
[close]
3. SlowPokemon

-Decidueye-    -Slowbro-       -Salazzle-  -Togedemaru-   -Mimikyu-    -Kommo-o-
[close]
4. Echo

-Gyarados-      -Anorexia-       -Weavile-     -Mamoswine-   -Aegislash-     -Greninja-
[close]
5. Dudeman

-Anorexia-   -Golisopod-    -Ribombee-         -Vikavolt-         -Scizor-    -Araquanid-
[close]
6. FireArrow

-Drifblim- -Mismagius- -Decidueye-  -Palossand-   -Mimikyu-      -Gengar-
[close]
7. Mastersuperfan

-Marowak-   -Scizor-  -Salamence-         -Mamoswine-    -Porygon-Z-    -Greninja-
[close]
8. Latios212

-Toucannon-    -Hariyama-  -Mudsdale- -Decidueye-  -Salazzle-       -Magnezone-
[close]
9. DocDoom2

-Mudsdale-   -Oranguru-   -Xurkitree-       -Emboar-      -Lycanroc-      -Snorlax-
[close]
10. dajwxp

-Nihilego-  -Whimsicott-        -Metagross-             -Talonflame-        -Wishiwashi-   -Froslass-
[close]

Current Standings
Participants:

W-L-D
1. NocturneOfShadow       1-0-0
2. Nebbles       1-1-0
3. SlowPokemon       0-0-1
4. Echo       2-0-0
5. Dudeman       0-1-0
6. FireArrow       0-1-0
7. mastersuperfan       1-0-0
8. Latios212       0-0-1
9. DocDoom2       0-1-0
10. dajwxp       0-0-1

bing round one is done

round 2:
echo vs nebbles
dudeman vs latios212
daj vs mastersuperfan
nocturneofshadow vs firearrow
slowpokemon vs docdoom2

i decided not to pair based on record, hope yall are cool with that

round 2 will start to end in 3 weeks
[close]

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Since I'll be participating in the battle of Alola friendly and using the same team, this tournament can't overlap with that one (it locks your team for the duration of an official tournament, so I wouldn't be able to use it).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 06, 2017, 05:18:57 AM(it locks your team for the duration of an official tournament, so I wouldn't be able to use it).

Has this changed for Sun/Moon? In previous gens, what "locking" your team did was that you couldn't make any changes to it, but you could still use it for other battles iirc.

SlowPokemon

It changed for Sun and Moon, I specifically tested it with the last tournament.

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Is there a reason we need to post our teams? That just means that the people who post their teams first are at a disadvantage, because the others will be able to see what they need to beat.

mikey

Any specific reason?  Not really, but it kinda fits with the "no changing team" rule.
And by all means, keep your team private until the exhibition games end if it's a big deal for you.  Since you're allowed to change your team after the exhibition match, that's when we'll post them.  Teams should already be pretty much finalized by then and the most any team will likely change is one or two pokemon, if that
unmotivated

FireArrow

You guys probably need the handicap of knowing my team anyways (I'm assuming movesets and such aren't required?):

Drifblim
Mismagius
Wailord
Palossand
Glalie
Gengar
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

I did a crazy this Gen and made a Bug-type team instead of a Ghost-type one (I'll leave those honors to Nebbles ;) ).
- Leavanny
- Golisopod
- Ariados
- Scizor
- Araquanid
- Ribombee
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DocDoom2

Alrighty, I guess I'll enter!
Doubt I'll do that well, but hey why not? xD
I'll add my team to this post once I figure it out!
Also I know this might sound dumb, but is it doubles or singles?

Here's my team:
Mudsdale
Oranguru
Xurkitree
Emboar
Lycanroc
Snorlax
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Ok the rules are incomplete
Are there any movesets/abilities we think should be banned?  Any Baton Pass restrictions?  Status restrictions?  I'm leaning toward no, but stuff like shadow tag wobuffet might exist idk
unmotivated