News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GBC] Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble - "Underground" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, January 01, 2017, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Underground
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

(Video Updated on 1-7-17)

Since I recently got Finale 2014, this is my first submission to include a .musx file!

From now one, I'm going with a pattern; submitting two sheets from the same series/franchise every month. My next sheet is either going to be "Program Rhythm (Puzzle Room) from Kirby: Planet Robobot, or Kirby's Dream Land 3's "Level 1: Grass Land".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

I just looked back at this, and need some advice concerning --

- slurs. I'm afraid I have some where they aren't needed, and some that are needed but not there (if that makes any sense :P)
- articulation. Same sort of deal up here. ^ I'm still practicing.
- Measure count per line. I just realized now that I forgot to even out the number of measures on each line. Would that make things better, or is it even necessary in this case?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 03, 2017, 01:20:58 PM- slurs. I'm afraid I have some where they aren't needed, and some that are needed but not there (if that makes any sense :P)
I think your slurs look fine and correctly placed.

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 03, 2017, 01:20:58 PM- articulation. Same sort of deal up here. ^ I'm still practicing.
Same. Well-placed. Kirby songs are known for being realllly detached, so I think you did just fine.

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 03, 2017, 01:20:58 PM- Measure count per line. I just realized now that I forgot to even out the number of measures on each line. Would that make things better, or is it even necessary in this case?
Hmmm, I know of a way you could improve it.
You could just do four 4 measure systems and rearrange all the systems to look like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Remember to make sure nothing is clashing. You can move staffs around so that no slurs are clashing with anything. Use the staff tool for this.

As for the notes, they are all correct.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on January 03, 2017, 01:38:46 PMI think your slurs look fine and correctly placed.
Same. Well-placed. Kirby songs are known for being realllly detached, so I think you did just fine.
Hmmm, I know of a way you could improve it.
You could just do four 4 measure systems and rearrange all the systems to look like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Remember to make sure nothing is clashing. You can move staffs around so that no slurs are clashing with anything. Use the staff tool for this.

As for the notes, they are all correct.
Thank you for the help, Sebastian! I'll get onto this as soon as I get home (which will be a while from now, what with Large Group Speech practice and Pep Band interfering :P)

LeviR.star

All fixed now! Any further feedback would be appreciated. :D

Maelstrom

Nice sheet!
2 things:
1: Click on measure 3 again. There is a spacing issue there, and finale will fix it if you just click on it with the note entry tool.
2: The video you posted is wonky. Try this one instead.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 07, 2017, 06:14:54 PMNice sheet!
Thanks! I appreciate it! ;D

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 07, 2017, 06:14:54 PM2 things:
1: Click on measure 3 again. There is a spacing issue there, and finale will fix it if you just click on it with the note entry tool.
2: The video you posted is wonky. Try this one instead.
Alrighty! All updated and ready to go! (You never can trust some OST, can you?)

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 07, 2017, 08:42:41 PM(You never can trust some OST, can you?)
Always use caution when dealing with soundtracks put on YouTube. Bad sound quality, incorrect looping, pitch shifting, you name it...

Nice sheet!

Oh, I hate to be a bother with things like this... but the slash is missing at the end of the URL. I can add it in for you if you want. The rest is good, and we'll accept once that's done.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on January 07, 2017, 09:09:51 PMOh, I hate to be a bother with things like this... but the slash is missing at the end of the URL. I can add it in for you if you want. The rest is good, and we'll accept once that's done.
Ok, I went and added the slash to the URL. Did I do it right?

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 08, 2017, 05:37:59 AMNot on the PDF at least. It should end with .org/
Oh! Thought we were still talking about the video. I fixed the .mus, .pdf, and .musx files with the correct copyright information. All good to go now!

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot