[DELETED] [PS1] Wild Arms 2 - "You'll Never Be Alone No Matter Where You Go" by Tobbeh99

Started by Zeta, January 01, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Wild Arms 2
Console: PlayStation
Title: You'll Never Be Alone No Matter Where You Go
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tobbeh99

Tobbeh99

More Wild Arms, yay! This one is the opening theme from Wild Arms 2.

The arrangement, I think, is fine apart from being a bit complex, in terms of the note in the beginning, and also some difficult candenzas (small notes) and the rhythm of the guitar transcribed to the piano sheet.

-But there's one big issue! I arranged the American opening theme (on the NTSC version of the game), which differs a bit from the Japanese (NTSC-J). The biggest difference is that the melody is sung in the Japanese version, and in the American version, it is played by a trumpet (in the choruses) and by a guitar (in the verse). And there are other differences as well, but smaller ones, in the accompaniment. And technically, I guess the Japanese is more the "standard version" or whatever to call it as it appears on the CD, but I don't think the American does (haven't listened to all the tracks, but there isn't a title which I could guess should be that song). But I obviously don't feel like rearranging the song or changing it drastically in order for it to sound like the Japanese version. And I also think the American is better, which is why I arranged it and not the Japanese one. So maybe change the title like "You'll Never... Where You Go (NTSC)" or "(Instrumental)" or "(US Version)". Some alternatives.

US Version:

Japanese Version:
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Beats 3-4 in measure 2-3 (RH) sound like quarter triplets, as does the melody in 6-7.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Changed the rhythm a bit, as you suggested. I think it's more accurate now.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom