News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Ice Mountain" by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, December 30, 2016, 10:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Ice Mountain
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: E. Gadd Industries

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Just a note: Gadd and I reviewed and fixed a bunch of stuff over skype.

One thing I missed: Flip the second second layer note in M. 14 (Highlight the note and click the "L" button.)

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

E. Gadd Industries

Thanks! The sheet names have been the subject of debate ever since Tear Drop/Drip Drop Galaxy. Everything is (mostly) sorted out now! At least with this sheet, it's 100%.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: Static on January 07, 2017, 12:59:26 PMthis.
I would suggest that we go by the English title (EU/US version) on this page that Static linked for the Galaxy sheets from now on.
They're not only recognized by Europeans/Americans, but also the official titles.

Olimar12345

Well hello there! Several of us got together and talked about this one. The biggest issue with this arrangement as it stands lies with the LH layer 1 ostinato, and it's inability to cooperate with the moving line underneath it. We brainstormed alternate arrangement routes and Static came up with the idea in the file below, moving the line to the RH. I've made this demo file to show you how it could work, though it is not complete. However, if you rearrange it in this manner, you can also fill out the LH melodies more that you could previously.

[MUS]

Also, the key changes have been edited in the above file to what we believe is the most accurate representation of the piece.
Good luck finishing it up, it's really good otherwise!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Awesome! Well, I finished up what was needing to be changed (including fixing a few... odd...? things). Good to know the key sigs were determinable. And thanks! Hopefully now it's site-worthy! :D
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

In bar 8 LH, the bottom voice moves up to the A on beat 1, in unison with the top voice.

E natural instead of D# in bar 23? The chord doesn't sound quite right.

And in bar 22 where you've got parallel major chords, they need to be spelled that way.

And if the last bar is going to be a B# major kind of thing then the Dnat needs to be a Cx.

E. Gadd Industries

Thanks for ze feedback! Sadly, though, I just left for a Washington DC trip, and I won't be able to do anything Music-wise until Sunday.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah. I've actually been working on the fixes, but I didn't quite understand point 3, and I'm uncertain about point 2; I thought it sounded like D#, so I was going to get a second opinion.

So all in all, I should be finished here soon (today if I can finish my hw) and we can go from there! :D
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 29, 2017, 11:45:08 AMYeah. I've actually been working on the fixes, but I didn't quite understand point 3,

Measure 22's E natural should be spelled as a Dx.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Mahalo!

I updated the files with all of Deku's changes except
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 12, 2017, 05:53:24 PME natural instead of D# in bar 23? The chord doesn't sound quite right.
Could I get a 2nd opinion on that? It sounds correct as D# to me.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]