News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Good App for Mobile Arrangement

Started by E. Gadd Industries, December 29, 2016, 09:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Does anyone here have a suggestion for an app I can get to arrange on-the-go? I have an Apple product, so ideally, it needs to be findable on the App Store.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dude

Depends how you do it.

If you like to use a DAW and write the notes as a midi as the mp3 plays, I highly recommend beatmaker 2. Very helpful for me when I still had a working iPod >_<

I don't know any notation software on iOS so I'm going to be unhelpful in that area. Hehe.

Olimar12345

if you just get some arting app, you can just write on blank staff paper.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Hmmmm... The only DAW I've used is Audacity. I was looking for some notation software. Perhaps I could check out BM2 in combination with an arting app, but I was hoping to have something I could place notes & hear how they sound, just so I know what I'm dealing with.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Some of my friends carry around tiny notebooks of staff paper and just use one of the thousands of pitch-pipe apps. There aren't really any good phone apps for what you're thinking of (like a portable finale) that I have seen.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dude

I meant write the notes in beatmaker 2 and export it to a midi and then format a sheet from that.

That's what I did/do.

E. Gadd Industries

Ah. I wasn't 100% sure if you were referring to that or making sheets by hand using audio files imported into that app.

Anyways, I found two things:
-Pocket Pitch (Pitch Pipe/Keyboard)
-Pulse (Metronome)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Magalamoto18

Since I only have mobile, I use iWriteSheetMusic. It's pretty good, but it doesn't process things like dynamics which makes mp3s not sound that great, but I've written every sheet I've ever done on that software. It's on the App Store.

E. Gadd Industries

Whoa! That's crazy, I don't see how you do it XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Magalamoto18

Meh, I never said they were any good. Here, I'll link you to my arrangements page and you can tell me if they're any good.

Magalamoto18

"Magalamoto used Fling!"
"Magalamoto flung its terrible sheet music!"
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=8954.msg359062#msg359062
Eh, at least I'm trying.

E. Gadd Industries

You earned a subscriber! I had to look at that since my PC has a crap-E PDF reader. I will, however, look at them on mobile when I get the chance. (And you have plenty of sheets to prove this! Not the terrible thing)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Magalamoto18

:D 'Ayy! Thanks!
Most people say my covers are better than my own arrangements. Out of the ones you saw, which do you prefer?

E. Gadd Industries

In all honesty, I just watched Tetris A. But I went back, watched a few more. I think the performance vids are better, but methinks that has something to do with being able to see something instead of just a black screen :P
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]