The Official Wind Waker Project

Started by Latios212, December 28, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljhale

Quote from: ljhale on June 12, 2018, 09:41:33 AMIf nobody has started 'forest haven', I'd like to give it a shot. I actually have some sketches of that one in progress, so I could pick the project back up.

Well nobody responded so I did it anyway. Here is the link to my arrangement on MuseScore: https://musescore.com/user/27928962/scores/5132154

Done in the style of Ravel's 'Bolero'. This was a tough one, much of the song is driven by percussion. I kept the sixteenth notes constant in the right hand throughout so they are more forward than they are in the soundtrack, and made sure to keep the left hand beat underneath the melody whenever possible. The three difficult sections will be where the hands are playing right on top of each other (I played through it slowly earlier...it is doable, but it's tricky), the sections where the left thumb will have to play a couple of sixteenth notes while the left pinky holds down a note, and the section where the left hand will have to cross over the right to play that very high melody. You will hear it in the arrangement.

Thoughts on the arrangement are welcome.

Sebastian

Feedback for:
Encounter with Tetra - Olimar12345:
- M. 3; beat 4 grace notes (LH). I'm not hearing the D and I'm hearing a Bb which is not in the sheet (The last grace note D
and a missing first grace note Bb)
- For the RH sixteenths on beat 3 I hear E-F-Gb-F in sixteenths. The E I'm not too sure about since it's so hard to hear, but I definitely hear Gbs.

Made some changes to Phantom Ganon:
Phantom Ganon - Spitllama:
- Fixed wrong notes in M. 26.
- Fixed wrong notes in M. 31-33.
- The last system is bigger than the rest. Fixed that.

Accepted:
Wind Temple - Onionleaf
Yacht Game - Firearrow
Zunari's Store - Olimar12345 & Sebastian

Quote from: ljhale on June 12, 2018, 08:52:02 PMWell nobody responded so I did it anyway. Here is the link to my arrangement on MuseScore: https://musescore.com/user/27928962/scores/5132154

Done in the style of Ravel's 'Bolero'. This was a tough one, much of the song is driven by percussion. I kept the sixteenth notes constant in the right hand throughout so they are more forward than they are in the soundtrack, and made sure to keep the left hand beat underneath the melody whenever possible. The three difficult sections will be where the hands are playing right on top of each other (I played through it slowly earlier...it is doable, but it's tricky), the sections where the left thumb will have to play a couple of sixteenth notes while the left pinky holds down a note, and the section where the left hand will have to cross over the right to play that very high melody. You will hear it in the arrangement.

Thanks!

ljhale

Don't know what to do past here other than wait for feedback. Any other pieces that nobody feels like taking on? I like a challenge.

Sebastian

We are bringing this project to a close, so we don't need anymore. But if you'd like to do any others, please feel free to do them and post them here.

Sebastian

This is the FINAL FINAL call for people with arrangements still in progress to finish them and post them.

All claims will be purged within a couple days if no one expresses interest in finishing them. Post here asap if you are still planning to finish them sometime soon.

We are planning on finishing this up as soon as possible.

Latios212

Quote from: ljhale on June 12, 2018, 08:52:02 PMWell nobody responded so I did it anyway. Here is the link to my arrangement on MuseScore: https://musescore.com/user/27928962/scores/5132154

Looks quite nice! Before we get into converting files, I do have a suggestion to make regarding the left hand - separate the bass and melody into separate layers, and consider using articulations or grace notes instead of 32nd notes or tuplets. Here's what the left hand of measure 3 would look like:

You cannot view this attachment.

This way, you can see the different voices and the performer would better know how to articulate each. You'd also avoid awkward tying of notes in one layer based on the rhythm of the other layer.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Moving closer to wrapping this up! Also accepted within the past few days:

03   The Legendary Hero - Latios212

04   Phantom Ganon - Spitllama
14   Encounter with Tetra - Olimar12345
17   Princess Zelda's Theme - RustyJustice
20   Fairy Spring - RustyJustice

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Really pushing for the end! Accepted:

01   Title - Static
22   Forsaken Fortress - Sebastian
23   Imprisonment - Sebastian
47   Get Orb - Sebastian
72   Gohdan - FireArrow

01   Sealed Hyrule Castle - Sebastian
39   Hero of the Wind - Sebastian
56   Ending - Sebastian
58   Epilogue - Sebastian

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

It's the final stretch! You've got this!

Sebastian

In all seriousness, thank you to all the Updaters, arrangers, and contributors for you help with this project!

Latios212

Indeed! ^^

Just wanted to note, if you have an in progress sheet that didn't end up getting finished, you're still welcome to finish it and submit it in the regular manner!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle