News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Official Wind Waker Project

Started by Latios212, December 28, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 21, 2017, 08:00:05 PMSorry for my even later response, I have been super busy. :-\

Get Master Sword: [MUS]
Wind Temple: [MUS]
Zelda's Awakening: [MUS]

(Let me know if you'll have any queries, though I'll be out of town 23-30 Dec.)

Added to the DB folder. Thanks!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Latios212 on November 20, 2017, 09:15:26 PMHello, Lkjhgfdsa? For your sheets to be included in the project, we need submission-ready copies of your claims.
Sorry, I must have missed this in the recent posts thing and only saw it now. However, I made some note and formatting edits to the sheet, so -

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 04, 2017, 02:23:16 AM-If you move Kenta Nagata's name under Koji Kondo's, it won't jut all the way out to the title.
Done.

Quote-Only able to see the PDF right now, what's up with the text "treble clef" and "bass clef?" Those need to not be there.
-The 8vb you have written in the LH is impossible to play on the piano, since those low Eb, D's (etc.) are the lowest on the instrument already.
-Use a bass clef for the RH in the first system. 
-"Preserve pitch unless otherwise noted?" What does that even mean lol.
Removed / fixed with actual correct notation.

Quote-The LH in the second system has way too wide intervals to be reachable on the piano. You could probably play the highest notes with the RH, so try putting them in later two of the RH.
After a re-arrange of the piano pattern (which turned out to be way more consistent with itself), I decided to bump the low bass note up an octave in the second part so it could be played as a single chord with the left hand. Because 3-note-to-3-note grace note patterns are a bit challenging, I put the low bass in the second layer and in parenthesis. For some reason the grace notes in the two layers don't line up, but I couldn't find a way to fix that.

Files -
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Ganon's Tower||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
80%, a bit messy but ready for submission to the project.mid.pdf.musx
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Sebastian

I finished "Rendevous with the Ship 2" and added it to the DB folder.

Sebastian

Accepted:
2-40 Ganon's Castle - Lkjhgfdsa_77 and Olimar12345
Some reworking of this sheet, but all the kinks have been worked out.

2-16 Zelda's Awakening - Onionleaf

1-19 - Inside the Pirate Ship - Static

Sebastian

I finished "Ending" and added it to the DB folder.

EDIT: I also finished "Zunari's Store" and added it to the DB folder.

Latios212

Newly accepted:

04   Outset Island - Latios212
60   Forbidden Woods - Sebastian
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Finished two others: "Imprisonment" and "Get Orb." Added those to the DB folder.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 25, 2017, 08:19:04 PMwoah this still exists
ikr lol

Latios212

Newly accepted this morning:

59   The Deku Tree and the Koroks - FireArrow

29   Jalhalla - Bloop

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

I'll take Tetra Discovered if no one else has
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

Accepted:

04   Outset Island (Two pianos) - The Deku Trombonist (minor edits)
11   The Forest of Outset Island - Static
26   Rendezvous with the Ship 2 - Sebastian

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

The Deku Trombonist

Wind Temple - Onionleaf

Wow this is quite a challenging one to arrange (and transcribe), so thumbs up for giving it a shot. Hajime Wakai certainly threw us a curveball with this one.

Here are the links to my edited version. I didn't go through the whole thing, just made some suggestions for you to go on with if you'd like.
Musx | Mus

Notes
- The tempo was one beat off (picky, I know). I'm not sure how you worked it out, but when I use a tempo tapping tool I try and go for as long as possible. Ideally a whole minute.
- I edited the expression text a little bit to what I thought was a better fit. Feel free to change it back. Just a note on text boxes though: I noticed that the 'marcato a melodia' text was in a box which was attached to the page. Whenever I write text that is related to the music itself, I always go to Text -> Assign New Text to Measure. That way, if you need to adjust your layout, copy something to another document or whatever it is, the text will remain glued to that bar. I just find it makes things much simpler. Or depending on what you need another alternative is to make a new expression with the expression editor.
- I made some formatting adjustments, it should look a lot better in general. I know there are some colliding items on the second page but I only really focused on the first 3 lines on the first page.

- Okay, onto the arrangement itself. I think that having both of the ostinatos present doesn't work. For one, I think it sounds cluttered. It works in the original track because of the nature of the flute sound and also that the other instruments have quite different timbres so no-one is stepping over anyone's toes. Secondly, the echo line then has to disappear to make way for any other more interesting parts that come along. So in that regard it feels (and looks like) like something that's just there to fill the space. Ideally the piano arrangement should be able to stand up on its own, without needing to have heard the original track to make sense of it. And I think this is one of those instances.
- And with the ostinato gone I got rid of the slur markings over the interjections in the RH, I didn't think they really served a purpose.
- I also made a couple of note changes in the RH from bars 5-12. Mainly transcription things and maybe one or two little things to bring out the 'melody' a bit more. I know that part is a nightmare to transcribe. And bar 9-12 needed to be moved one 8th note to the right. I might have another look at this bit in a couple of days and see if something needs tweaking.
- I just had a quick look at the section at bar 13 and it sounds a bit muddy and is in need of revision. As it is, the melody and ostinato are tripping over each other and share notes a few too many times for my liking. Have a play with it, see what you can come up with. It would also be worth considering the overall structure of the arrangement and mapping out the different section. Do you want the ostinato to be present throughout the entire sheet and give it a sort of relentlessness or is better to take it out in some sections to give some breathing room and some contrast? There's lots that can be done with this sheet and I think the nature of the original track forces you to be creative in some ways.

Let me know you have any questions/issues/whatever. I can look at the rest another time if you'd like.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 15, 2018, 01:03:24 PMFor the arrangement project:

[GCN] - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Encounter with Tetra [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Encounter with Tetra

- In bar 3 where you've got the 8va, I'd extend it a little so that you can actually see a line with an end point just to clear it up a little. Like this:

- There's a stray C# in bar 4 when you've used Db everywhere else in this section. Actually, personally I'd use C# instead because the last 8 bars have echoes of Dmaj. And so does bar 6. Then the opening spelling are all based on modes of D.

- In bar 5 the xylophone plays an F# under the C on beat 3.

- The melody in bar 7 isn't right, it goes G-F#-G-F#. Also, the A on beat 4 is part of the melody (apart from being in the same instrument) so that would belong better in the RH. Like this:

- Any reason you didn't include the lower A (bass pizz.) on beat 1 of bar 9?

- I would consider using tenutos for the last bar-and-a-beat because just as a gentle wake up to whoever is reading it that in a sea of staccati, these are long.

Olimar12345

-Actually, I intentionally left out the bracket because I thought it looked tacky and unnecessary. Plenty of piano pieces write figures like that.

-I originally put Db in those parts because that whole section is based on augmented triads, and I used Db aug. Now that I look at it though, A aug might make more sense in some places.

-Missed that F#, I'll add that in.

-Not entirely correct about measure 7. The A on beat four is plated by the xylophone, which is playing an arpeggiated part. You can tell because two measures later you hear this part without the music-box thing above it. I agree with the G though, and I think I was hearing the xylophone part there.

-The missing A in measure 9 was an oversite. Added. Thanks.

-Nice suggestion with the tenutos, I added them.

The above links should work for the updated version.