News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Official Wind Waker Project

Started by Latios212, December 28, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Accepted:
Menu Select - Sebastian
Inside a House - Sebastian
Grandpa's House - Latios212
Fencing Instruction - Sebastian
Forsaken Fortress Invasion 1 - Sebastian
Wind's Requiem - Olimar12345
Song of Passing - Olimar12345
Command Melody (Baton) - Olimar12345
To Hyrule - Sebastian
Hyrule Castle - Sebastian
Ballad of Gales - Olimar 12345

PROGRESS!

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 26, 2017, 12:24:01 PMAnyone still working on their sheets?
Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 26, 2017, 12:24:30 PMHey everyone: if you've claimed something, try to get it in here ASAP.
Coming right up!

Outset Island :)

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I need to un-claim all my stuff.  I did have two smaller ones done, but that was on my brother's laptop and he deleted them because he hates me
unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on January 16, 2017, 02:52:12 PMEdit (24 Jan 2017) - After finally beating Wind Waker myself I will tentatively claim Mini-Boss and Ganon's Tower.

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on February 09, 2017, 06:11:01 PMStarted Ganon's Tower for the Wind Waker arrangement project. With use of repeats I was able to get this down to 16 measures. I have a basic layout of the sheet, but it will need some work. The piano chords throughout the entire piece will need major overhauling, and the second half will need playability fixes that could easily be fixed by just bringing the low note up an octave. I want to have a better notation for the ornamentation of the vocals, I used grace notes whenever possible but I can't figure out what to use for the ornaments at the beginning of m10 and m14. An inverted mordent even with a flat can't cover a major third...

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Ganon's Tower||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
55%, chords need a lot of work.mid.pdf

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on March 03, 2017, 06:49:20 PMArranged Mini-Boss for the Wind Waker Arrangement Project. Between the melody, strummed string harmonies, and bassline, there weren't many problems with the arranging. However, when the strummed strings drop out at 0:39 (m29), it seems a little bland and a replacement "filler" would be nice. In addition, the lower countermelody at 0:56 (m41) seems too low and it sounds odd when put at the same octave as the higher part. At the same spot, I wanted to distinguish the Cb Minor scale after the C Major rise four measures before, which lands on its diminished fifth / augmented fourth (F#/Gb) but there was already a Fn right before... I ended up using a double flat (as well as Cb) and if there's a better way to do it let me know. As always there are some minor formatting errors (as well as my slide notation... do people do that?) as well as a lack of a better way to let the performer know that the dotted eighth / sixteenth (dotted quaver / semiquaver) is meant to be played softer than the melody. Note that I didn't arrange the string hits in the repeat under the impression that they just happen when Link hits an enemy; if I should add them in let me know.

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Mini-Boss||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
78%, not sure if I should arrange a part but it's good to go.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Olimar12345

Not sure with the whole percentage thing means, but since you posted them I'll make a few comments.

Ganon's Tower
-If you move Kenya Nagata's name under Koji Kondo's, it won't jut all the way out to the title.
-Only able to see the PDF right now, what's up with the text "treble clef" and "bass clef?" Those need to not be there.
-The 8vb you have written in the LH is impossible to play on the piano, since those low Eb, D's (etc.) are the lowest on the instrument already.
-Use a bass clef for the RH in the first system. 
-The LH in the second system has way too wide intervals to be reachable on the piano. You could probably play the highest notes with the RH, so try putting them in later two of the RH.
-"Preserve pitch unless otherwise noted?" What does that even mean lol.

There's probably a lot more to say, but that should give you something to do for now.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 04, 2017, 02:23:16 AMa few comments

A lot of what you said is mentioned in the little description before the quote-ception. I will often upload my arrangements as works in progress and I have created two numbers per arrangement to help people gauge how much I have worked of will work on an arrangement. The first is LDA (Lkj's Degree of Abandonment); 0 means that I will do anything to work on it and 100 means that I will never touch it again. The second is the completion percentage along with vague notes.

When working with an in-progress arrangement, I will sometimes use text in place of actual notation. "Preserve pitch" means that when adding in a clef change or ottava marking, one should keep the exact pitch of the note, in contrast with "preserve written placement" which would be to keep its position on the staff. As you should be able to tell I have NotePad so if you would like to fix these for me (and contribute to NASF) you are free to do so.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Olimar12345

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on March 04, 2017, 04:46:45 PMA lot of what you said is mentioned in the little description before the quote-ception.

Um no, it looks like just this:

QuoteThe piano chords throughout the entire piece will need major overhauling, and the second half will need playability fixes...

Also, as a side note: Trying not to sound rude, I really don't need an in-depth reason and analysis as to why it needs work (Although I do thank you for explaining that numbering thing to me). I (we) just need you to submit arrangements when they're complete so that we don't waste our time reviewing an arrangement just to get the slap-in-the-face response that "oh, it's like that because it isn't done yet."

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on March 04, 2017, 04:46:45 PMWhen working with an in-progress arrangement, I will sometimes use text in place of actual notation. "Preserve pitch" means that when adding in a clef change or ottava marking, one should keep the exact pitch of the note, in contrast with "preserve written placement" which would be to keep its position on the staff. As you should be able to tell I have NotePad so if you would like to fix these for me (and contribute to NASF) you are free to do so.

Try this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Onionleaf

**dumps pile on desk**

2.02 Get Master Sword [MUS]
2.16 Zelda's Awakening [MUS]
2.35 Wind Temple [MUS]

These might need a bit more work here and there... I'm sleepy... poke me awake some time if you ever need me to fix these.

Sebastian

This is the final call for people with arrangements still in progress. We are hoping to finish this project up soon so get your arrangements in asap!

Sebastian

Accepted:
55   Farewell Hyrule King - mastersuperfan

59   The Deku Tree and the Koroks - FireArrow:
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 03, 2017, 05:35:06 AM- I transcribed bar 24-25. Up to you how you want to arrange it.
Just fix this and this arrangement is good to go.
Also, one optional thing-- dynamics. What do you think of adding a couple more dynamics? You could add a forte at the top of the crescendo in M. 22 and then decrescendo back down after. And then down again in M. 26. Totally up to you though.

BrainyLucario

Cancelling my claims, I wouldn't be able to finish them at the moment
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

This is the final FINAL call for people with arrangements still in progress to finish them and post them.

Latios212

Quote from: Onionleaf on March 08, 2017, 12:01:23 AM**dumps pile on desk**

2.02 Get Master Sword [MUS]
2.16 Zelda's Awakening [MUS]
2.35 Wind Temple [MUS]

These might need a bit more work here and there... I'm sleepy... poke me awake some time if you ever need me to fix these.
Sorry for the late late response, but I can't find these files on my computer and the links are broken...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 05, 2017, 08:35:32 AMAlso, as a side note: Trying not to sound rude, I really don't need an in-depth reason and analysis as to why it needs work (Although I do thank you for explaining that numbering thing to me). I (we) just need you to submit arrangements when they're complete so that we don't waste our time reviewing an arrangement just to get the slap-in-the-face response that "oh, it's like that because it isn't done yet."

Try this.
Hello, Lkjhgfdsa? For your sheets to be included in the project, we need submission-ready copies of your claims.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Quote from: Latios212 on November 20, 2017, 08:59:35 PMSorry for the late late response, but I can't find these files on my computer and the links are broken...

Sorry for my even later response, I have been super busy. :-\

Get Master Sword: [MUS]
Wind Temple: [MUS]
Zelda's Awakening: [MUS]

(Let me know if you'll have any queries, though I'll be out of town 23-30 Dec.)