News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Started by Dudeman, December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Game starts on a Day phase. Each Day phase, every player votes for a player to send to Looker for screening. If that player is a bad guy, Looker puts them in the Ultra Wormhole FOREVER (they ded). Otherwise, the player is sent back and nothing happens. At Night, the Bad Guys can try to capture (wolf) one player. At the same time, each player will vote via PM for two players to put in the Bag. Players put in the Bag will not be wolfed at the end of the Night phase, and will be publicly announced at the beginning of the next Day phase. Bagged players also cannot be sent for screening. Wolves start out with 0 Bagging votes, but will gain two votes collectively for each Human they capture. If they capture Lillie, the Bag will only have one open spot on the next Night Phase (this cannot occur two Night Phases in a row; capturing Lillie twice in a row will do nothing). Bagged Pokemon exit the Bag at the start of the next Night phase.

Bad Guys (Wolves):
Wolves know each other.
1. Lusamine: Has memory problems and can't remember who Lillie is. She's a President-type human so her screening votes can count for two, but only if she PM's the host stating so each Day phase.
2. Ya Boi Guzma: Every Night phase, he can get Team Skull to check what Pokémon a player is. They're not that smart, so all they can get is the color.

Pokémon:
3. Exeggutor: Its neck is so long that it takes up an extra spot in the Bag and the other Pokémon is forced out (at random, if the Bag has three spots). The first time this occurs, the other Pokémon becomes so confused that it cannot be captured that phase.
4. Metapod: Metapod's just here to make the game harder.
5. Toucannon: Angry. Very angry. Angery reacts only.
6. Nebby: Pokémon lose if Nebby is captured.
7. Mimikyu: Mimikyu creates a realm of spoopy scary shadows inside the Bag that it hides the other Pokémon in (chosen at random, if the Bag has an extra spot). This lets the Bag keep both spots if Lillie is captured, but spoops the Pokémon so bad that they refuse to go in the Bag for the rest of the game. Unless it's Nebby, 'cause then the game would break.
8. Dugtrio: HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA
9. Popplio: The starter nobody wanted. Capturing Popplio causes Lillie to have an extra spot in her Bag the next Night phase.

Lillie:
10. Lillie: Is told who Nebby is. She's a super important character with plot relevance so she's told how many of each color of player are left at the end of each Night phase.

Things that will be announced in the thread:
1. Popplio decided to go back to the "Pending Designs" pile where it belongs. An extra spot opened in the Bag! (Day after Popplio's capture)
2. [player] hid in the Bag's shadows and refuses to GET BACK IN THE FUCKING BAG! (Day after Mimikyu is Bagged)
3. Exeggutor's neck defies explanation! It forced a Pokémon out of the Bag! (Day after Exeggutor is Bagged)

Wolves win when Nebby is captured.
Humans win when both Wolves die.
Nebby wins if it never gets put in the Bag.

Everybody loses if somebody forgets to capitalize the words Bag, Bagging, Bagged, etc.

Role PM's:
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:25:24 PMYou are a Pomon. Try not to get captured.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:25:37 PMYou are Ya Boi Guzma. Lusamine, your partner in crime, is Player.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:25:46 PMYou are Lusamine. Ya Boi Guzma, your partner in crime, is Player.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:26:03 PMYou are Lillie. Nebby, who won't stay in the fucking Bag, is Player.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:41:17 PMYou are Nebby. Stay out of the fucking Bag.

1. davy
2. NocturneOfShadow
3. Maelstrom
4. BlackDragonSlayer
5. TheZeldaPianist275
6. dajwxp
7. Olimar12345
8. Dude
9. FireArrow
10. E. Gadd Industries

Role PM's have been sent. It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end in 48 hours, or approximately 1 PM PST on 12/29/16. Now get in the fucking Bag.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

So first things first. Are we going to have Nebby claim or not?

Nebby wins with the pokémon (right, Dudeman?) so him claiming is in his, and the pokémon's best interest so they can put him in the bag.

Alternatively, we can keep Nebby secret, so the wolves won't know who to target even if they have majority, but this puts us at risk of losing the game early on.

I'm in favor of having Nebby claim.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Maelstrom

On the road now, probably won't post anything substantial until late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 27, 2016, 01:06:34 PMNebby wins with the pokémon (right, Dudeman?)
Yes. If it stays out of the bag it ultra-wins.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

I'm still trying to understand this game. If nebby claims and we bag her every night, I don't really see how we can lose. Also mislynches are impossible?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

NONE OF YOU ARE CAPITALIZING BAG WE ALL LOSE!!!!!!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

davy

Quote from: FireArrow on December 27, 2016, 02:30:05 PMI'm still trying to understand this game. If nebby claims and we bag her every night, I don't really see how we can lose.

Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PMAt the same time, each player will vote via PM for two players to put in the Bag. Players put in the Bag will not be wolfed at the end of the Night phase, and will be publicly announced at the beginning of the next Day phase. Bagged players also cannot be sent for screening. Wolves start out with 0 Bagging votes, but will gain two votes collectively for each Human they capture.

Eventually, wolves will get enough Bagging votes so that they can put themselves into the bag protecting them from being lynched an enableing them to wolf Nebby.

Which made me realise that even if we keep Nebby secret, we still won't be able to kill the wolves once they get majority, so Nebby should definately claim.

Quote from: FireArrow on December 27, 2016, 02:30:05 PMAlso mislynches are impossible?

Not really, although the consequences of a mislynch are much less harsh. The consequence is that we fail to hit a wolf, giving them another opportunity to wolf a player and giving them more Bagging votes, which in the long run will cause us to lose.

I hope this post makes sense, because I'm really sleepy, so I can imagine it won't.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

Perfect, the game's started just in time for me to have forgotten how it works.

I'll actually think a bit later.

daj

Olimar12345

Someone chat with me and explain this bag mechanic daj halp D:

is there still a chatroom for twg?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

a'ight lemme break it down nice 'n simple:
It's Day. You lynch someone today (unless they're not a baddie, then they live).
Then, it's night. You PM me the names of two people you wanna stick in the bag. If they get put in the bag, they won't be wolfed if the wolves tried to wolf them that night. Then you also can't lynch them the next day. Then you do it again the next night.

daj

from what i gather, Bagging = guarding. It's a night phase action, and it's not the same as capturing, which is what the bad guys do when they wolf someone. Then there's the "lynch", or Looker's screening, which will kill bad guys but not kill good guys.

So in summary:

Night Phase: everyone will vote to "bag" (guard) two players.
Night Phase also: wolves do their thing
Day Phase: everyone votes to "screen" (lynch) a player, but they only die if they're a bad guy.

And the catch is that guarded players will be revealed the next morning, and can't be lynched~

Which reminds me that Nebby won't stay in the fucking bag and shouldn't claim, cuz we can't protect Nebby from a night wolfing :p

Shall we all screen davy this day phase? ;)

(ninja'd but hey why not)

daj

Also double post because DUDEMAN DIDNT CAPITALISE THE WORD "BAG" AHAHAHAA get rekt ;)

Dudeman

I'm the host, I make my own rules. I can't lose the game because I am the game.