[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Hyrule Castle Town" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, December 12, 2016, 09:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

finally got back to doing this

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2017, 09:29:21 PMNotes are good in first two sections. Aesthetics, though:
- Left margin far too small.
- 22 LH beats 1-2 - put staccato under.
Done!

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2017, 09:29:21 PMI'm sensing some problems with the notes in the LH of the third section though. I'm done for the night now, but I'd appreciate if you double checked those before I came back and finished this one up.
well this was interesting
Fixing the LH guitar notes made me dislike the bassoons on the 2 and 4, so I got into a mental fight and decided on what I got now.
I managed to include the bass notes and make some cross staff notations that are actually readable.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2017, 09:29:21 PM- Any reason you combine layers in the RH of third section but not second? Just curious, you don't have to change. Although, the mordent is under the C# in the third section, which is a bit misleading; I'd put it over.
No idea. I did so now. Also fixed the mordent.

JDMEK5

I would be a fan if you could fuse the quarter rests in the RH in measure 6. No need for both layers there and it just looks cleaner.
Same as it applies in later sections as well.

As more of a macro-formatting suggestion: What if you changed the measure numbers and page layout-ing so that each location theme looks like its own sheet within the file? Based on how you rewrote the time signatures, it looks like you already were going for that kind of effect. While I'm on that note (pun intended), the 3rd page looks kinda crammed to the ceiling if you get what I mean.

LH, Measure 45: I don't really see why you couldn't put the first layer up in the RH staff. Putting in a little text blurb like "L.H." would eliminate any ambiguity. The advantages to this are less ledger lines, and also showing of the line between measures 45 and 46, since the note stays the same and more importantly, the line is connected. This kind of staval consistency would show that. Oh and this also can apply nicely to the following two measures as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bloop

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 04, 2017, 07:58:08 AMI would be a fan if you could fuse the quarter rests in the RH in measure 6. No need for both layers there and it just looks cleaner.
Same as it applies in later sections as well.
That was a .musx to .mus thing apparently. Fixed that and everything else!

AmpharosAndy

I've got nothing to add to this. Looks done to me!

That guy loves his mangoes ;)
innit

Olimar12345

Great work. You've got some conflict in your presentation though: you've got it formatted as one sheet, but the files contain the multiple versions, all formatted independently (new measure numbers, heading, no page numbers, etc.) technically making this three arrangements. You've also left out the D.C.'s which would also cause confusion as to where the beginning would be in this presentation. Basically, each sheet on the main site needs to lead to ONE sheet, be it a single version of each one or a medley of them all.

Here are some examples of medleys:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/1052
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2760
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/1239

If you go the medley route, here's an example of what your sheet should/could look like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ktre3682ke3ce2/Bloop%20-%20Hyrule%20Castle%20Town12345.mus?dl=0

Personally, I think it'd be nice if you split them up. It would be less work, but mostly because of this:

Quote from: Bloop on December 12, 2016, 09:56:37 AMThe only differences between South Road (1:48) and Central Square (3:35) are a tambourine and a few other instruments I couldn't add to the sheet, so I merged the two pieces into one.

I disagree. For starters, that bass begs to differ. Also,

Quote from: Bloop on December 12, 2016, 09:56:37 AM2:42 is the street musicians part that I also couldn't find a place for in the sheet.

Thinking ahead, if someone else makes an arrangement of this version, these would look much nicer as separate installments rather than some in one and the remaining on another.

About the actual arrangement:
-As already mentioned, in-game each of these has the option to repeat endlessly, so some sort of repeat is needed at the end of each variation. (it might also be worth including instructions on how to play the arrangement in text, similar to what I do normally with music from Pikmin)
-RH in measure 20 dotted half notes should not be dotted. They're off right on three.
-Bass plays a G on the down beat of measure 29; you left this out. Same thing at 49. (you have it correct in measure 13)
-You use slurs on all of your grace notes except for the two in measures 46 & 48. An oversight?
-In measure 51 the bassoon is supposed to play an A above the bass (you have it correct in measures 15 and 31). Mind adding that in there?

These things have all been corrected in the file I posted above, btw.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Double post, shouldn't this also be listed as [MULT], since it was released simultaneously for GCN and Wii?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 17, 2017, 05:06:08 PMI disagree. For starters, that bass begs to differ.
At the time I submitted this arrangement, I didn't incorporate the bass in Central Square + South Road. Now I did, so I made another version with the South Road bass.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 17, 2017, 05:06:08 PMThinking ahead, if someone else makes an arrangement of this version, these would look much nicer as separate installments rather than some in one and the remaining on another.
That's why I also arranged the street musicians part :D It was practically impossible to include it in the original song, so I just wrote the parts the street musicians play.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 17, 2017, 05:06:08 PMAbout the actual arrangement:
-As already mentioned, in-game each of these has the option to repeat endlessly, so some sort of repeat is needed at the end of each variation. (it might also be worth including instructions on how to play the arrangement in text, similar to what I do normally with music from Pikmin)
-RH in measure 20 dotted half notes should not be dotted. They're off right on three.
-Bass plays a G on the down beat of measure 29; you left this out. Same thing at 49. (you have it correct in measure 13)
-You use slurs on all of your grace notes except for the two in measures 46 & 48. An oversight?
-In measure 51 the bassoon is supposed to play an A above the bass (you have it correct in measures 15 and 31). Mind adding that in there?
Fixed!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 17, 2017, 05:06:08 PMThese things have all been corrected in the file I posted above, btw.
but the link is dead
I'm guessing the sheet looks like the way I wrote it now, though

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 17, 2017, 05:24:35 PMDouble post, shouldn't this also be listed as [MULT], since it was released simultaneously for GCN and Wii?
Yes, but that's something I can't change. It does that automatically per game
About that though, because the GCN and Wii versions are mirrored, East and West road are mirrored too. Currently, I have it like the GCN version, I think.

Olimar12345

Wow, where was this version hanging out all this time?? Looks much better. I'll have a more in-depth look in a bit, but one thing I notice right off the bat is:

QuoteFixed!

You missed the part about adding slurs to the grace notes in measures 46 & 48 (now in 66 & 68 as well). In addition to that, I think it would look much nicer if you made those slurs (as well as the ones in measures 26, 28, 49, & 69) go underneath rather than over the notes. Rn they look wonky.

As for the flipped things (really stupid idea on Nintendo's end) I'd say just leave it like the GCN version, since the HD remake used that (that is, if an official OST doesn't exist).

Bloop

Olimar12345

Bloop

Olimar12345

Read carefully! I did not say to change the slur directions in measures 45, 47, 65, & 67. Those look better above (like they were).

Bloop