News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

TWG XCIII Player Sign-Ups

Started by davy, December 11, 2016, 01:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game will we play?

Nocturne's Manti Rules
0 (0%)
Dudeman's Get in the Fucking Bag
7 (70%)
FireArrow's Mystery
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 20, 2016, 07:59:06 AM

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 11, 2016, 05:49:27 PMyeah, the role isn't fully fleshed out, but the goal is to emulate the guy the manti rule is written for-if he doesn't get wolfed night 1, then he's a wolf

Something like this?:

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 11, 2016, 05:43:07 PMTWG XCIII: Manti Rules

1. Wolf
2. Wolf

3. Manti
(Counts for human numbers.  Wins if he gets wolfed. Can seer a player each night phase. If he seers a wolf his win condition changes to wins with the wolves).
4.-X. Human

Quote from: Dudeman on December 11, 2016, 06:48:02 PMOkay, here's my somewhat slap-dash attempt at a TWG; would love feedback.

Does nebby know who he is? Does any other pokemon know who he is? Does Lilly know who she is? I can give some feedback if I know the answers to those questions.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 14, 2016, 11:49:54 AMDoes nebby know who he is? Does any other pokemon know who he is? Does Lilly know who she is? I can give some feedback if I know the answers to those questions.
- Nebby knows who s/he is.
- Each Pokemon does not individually know who it is.
- Lillie knows who she is.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Dudeman, your game is increddibly hard to balance since there are all kinds of conditional powers in effect. However, one thing that I'm pretty sure was not your intension is that it is safer to leave Nebby out of the bag than inside. If Nebby is inside the bag, he could be captured if Lillie gets captured. If he is outside the bag he can be guarded by Lillie, and since Lillie never dies, Nebby is perfectly safe staying outside the bag. This means that the only way for wolves to win is by wolf'ing 5 players before night 5, find out who of the remaining players is Lillie and who is Nebby, put Nebby in the bag then wolf Lillie. If Lusamine dies, however wolves will never be able to outvote Lillie and Nebby, so Nebby will never enter the bag.

Also, do players vote in the topic who to put in the bag or through PM? If it's in the topic, then wolves can just decide to wolf whoever is not in the bag, because wolves can just count the votes.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 15, 2016, 03:20:17 AMDudeman, your game is increddibly hard to balance since there are all kinds of conditional powers in effect. However, one thing that I'm pretty sure was not your intension is that it is safer to leave Nebby out of the bag than inside. If Nebby is inside the bag, he could be captured if Lillie gets captured. If he is outside the bag he can be guarded by Lillie, and since Lillie never dies, Nebby is perfectly safe staying outside the bag. This means that the only way for wolves to win is by wolf'ing 5 players before night 5, find out who of the remaining players is Lillie and who is Nebby, put Nebby in the bag then wolf Lillie. If Lusamine dies, however wolves will never be able to outvote Lillie and Nebby, so Nebby will never enter the bag.
Good point. What if Lillie only has a limited number of times she can guard Nebby outside the bag? Say, two or three?

QuoteAlso, do players vote in the topic who to put in the bag or through PM? If it's in the topic, then wolves can just decide to wolf whoever is not in the bag, because wolves can just count the votes.
I intended for it to be public, and intentionally put Pokemon like Toucannon in the game so that there is always a risk when capturing. I'll give this some thought, though. Private votes could work.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on December 15, 2016, 10:30:29 AMGood point. What if Lillie only has a limited number of times she can guard Nebby outside the bag? Say, two or three?

Then you get the other problem with the game: Wolves can just get lucky and hit Nebby night one when she's not in the bag, or Lillie night one when Nebby is in the bag. Alternatively, if the wolves fail to hit Nebby on the first three day phases, Lillie can just keep him safe for the remainder of the game. This makes the game too dependent on luck for my taste.

Quote from: Dudeman on December 15, 2016, 10:30:29 AMI intended for it to be public, and intentionally put Pokemon like Toucannon in the game so that there is always a risk when capturing. I'll give this some thought, though. Private votes could work.

The risk with having private votes it that it may kill discussion. Since humans don't even get a killing power, this game runs the risk of inactivity anyway.

Also, if anyone else wants to host they should have their game up by December 17th 9:00 AM CET

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 15, 2016, 04:26:13 PMThen you get the other problem with the game: Wolves can just get lucky and hit Nebby night one when she's not in the bag, or Lillie night one when Nebby is in the bag. Alternatively, if the wolves fail to hit Nebby on the first three day phases, Lillie can just keep him safe for the remainder of the game. This makes the game too dependent on luck for my taste.
Exactly what I was worried about; I always try to design a game so that wolves can't get lucky on a Night 1 wolf. That was the reasoning behind starting a game on a Day phase, but...

I really really love this game and don't want to retract it, but the win conditions and core mechanics might need some work...

EDIT: Idea. What if one player is publicly voted on, and the other one is privately voted on? That is, there are two sets of votes, and the winners of both sets are put in the Bag. I'm spitballing at this point but I want to see how well I can get this game balanced as it is right now.

FireArrow

I may or may not post a game tomorrow/saturday. Question: Are we allowed to do a mystery game? Since you're pretty much the TWC right now davy, should we double check the game with you or are other respected members OK (I'm assuming you have an intent to play.) I can probably hit Mashi up on Skype.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

TWG XCIII: MYSTERY

This game uses the TWG anonymous accounts.

Wolves

1. Player
2. Player

Humans
3. Player
4. Player
5. Player
6. Player
7. Player
8. Player

Neutral
9. Player
10. Player

Every single role will have a power of some sort. Wolves win when human victory is no longer possible. Humans win when there are no more remaining wolves or evil neutrals. Neutrals have their own win conditions seperate from each other.

This game has not been checked by anyone. I'll try and get someone to do it if davy wants me to.

Note: There are no overarching gimmcks or changes to general game design. Night phases, day phases, voting, etc. all work the same way. The only unique things will be player powers.

Olimar12345

So the neutrals are basically fools. I'm assuming there are abilities for the humans that helps balance it out...are these as well as the neutrals' win conditions going to be made public?

I'm so down if you're hosting. Your last game I played was great! <3
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 15, 2016, 07:22:55 PMSo the neutrals are basically fools. I'm assuming there are abilities for the humans that helps balance it out...are these as well as the neutrals' win conditions going to be made public?

I'm so down if you're hosting. Your last game I played was great! <3

awww stop it you~

Similar to fools in a general sense, but it could be anything from a lone man mega mafia (kill EVERYONE ELSE) to something extremely benign (like a fool.)

mikey

Potential players, just keep in mind that the specific powers of manti are not set in stone, but ideally it plays out in some similar way.
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: FireArrow on December 15, 2016, 05:58:43 PMI may or may not post a game tomorrow/saturday. Question: Are we allowed to do a mystery game? Since you're pretty much the TWC right now davy, should we double check the game with you or are other respected members OK (I'm assuming you have an intent to play.) I can probably hit Mashi up on Skype.

Mystery games are fine, but you do have to double check them with someone. If you can get in touch with Mashi, I trust that he is able to balance your game. If you can't, I'll try to balance it, but that'll mean that I won't be able to play your game.

FireArrow

I'll try and get in touch with him tonight.

FireArrow

Mashi said he'll have feedback for me tomorrow. If you don't want to wait that long, I'll hold the game for the next cycle.

davy

Quote from: FireArrow on December 16, 2016, 06:54:16 PMMashi said he'll have feedback for me tomorrow. If you don't want to wait that long, I'll hold the game for the next cycle.

No Problem. I'll just open the poll now, but we need to make sure the game that we are going to play is balanced before we actually start it.