Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Opening
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Lkjhgfdsa_77

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lkjhgfdsa_77

A few things -
 - On playback the tremolo segments feel very loud in comparison to the other notes. I put in a text note saying to "play all tremolo pianissimo," but if anyone has any better alternatives I could add them in.
 - The tremolo notes in m12 are very close to the dotted half note above, and the ones in m17-18 jut into the right hand staff. As far as I know NoePad can't fix these problems.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Onionleaf

Hiya, while I can't give any super detailed feedback atm, I do have a couple of points to share that could start you off:

• Bar 7 should have two quarter notes, rather than a dotted quarter and an eighth.
• Instead of adding brackets to notes, those should be grace notes.
• I would move the rests in that 2nd layer up a smidgen, to the same level as the G eighth note.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 03, 2016, 11:26:26 PM• Bar 7 should have two quarter notes, rather than a dotted quarter and an eighth.
• Instead of adding brackets to notes, those should be grace notes.
• I would move the rests in that 2nd layer up a smidgen, to the same level as the G eighth note.
Fixed.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- Lkjhgfdsa_77

JDMEK5

Actually speaking of lines, I would space out between staves quite a bit more. You have so much space at the bottom of the page that's not being used, yet things between staves are hitting each other and otherwise generally being smooshed. Let the sheet breathe.

Also, I feel like this could benefit much from some use of slurs in the RH. Maybe see where they might apply. If I'm not totally dead when I get home at midnight tonight I may try to run a sound check for a final thumbs up/down.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 19, 2017, 07:09:15 AMActually speaking of lines, I would space out between staves quite a bit more. You have so much space at the bottom of the page that's not being used, yet things between staves are hitting each other and otherwise generally being smooshed. Let the sheet breathe.
I can definitely see the clashing going on. However, NotePad can't do anything with measure formatting, and if you could do it that would be great. While you're at it, maybe put 8 measures in the first and second systems; it's so close to that anyway and it could help with sight reading.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 19, 2017, 07:09:15 AMAlso, I feel like this could benefit much from some use of slurs in the RH. Maybe see where they might apply. If I'm not totally dead when I get home at midnight tonight I may try to run a sound check for a final thumbs up/down.
Added these in the entire piece. Not sure if they're needed in m1-8 because there's no real melody, and I'm not exactly sure about the phrasing in m16-24, but I think that the middle part is fine. I also put all of them above the right hand staff and tried my best to make them look nice.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Maelstrom

Click on the measures to respace them. They need it.
final measure, RH, 2nd layer, C should be a D.
That's it.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 28, 2017, 09:21:00 PMClick on the measures to respace them. They need it.
final measure, RH, 2nd layer, C should be a D.
That's it.
Fixed the single note, but clicking on the measures didn't seem to help re-space them a lot.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Maelstrom